collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Pokemon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire  (Read 40100 times)

Offline Sora

• Pokémon Master
  • Trade Count: (+17)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Pokemon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire
« Reply #90 on: November 07, 2014, 09:12:02 AM »
Does anyone still need a demo code for ORAS? I'm gonna buy the Puzzle Challenge game when I get paid tomorrow and it comes with a code. I already have a demo so I don't need it.

I'll give it away to the first person who doesn't have a demo and quotes this post! I'll PM you with the code when I get it. No catch, no cost, totally free.
Ah, I would love it if you still have it! The code Nintendo emailed me doesn't work :(

Re: The StreetPass system. Only 15 people in the UK will have it at the start, all from different towns/cities. I think the people getting it will win via a competition. I just hope they don't choose 15 kids/adults who never venture outside their home. :(
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Aqua Heart custom by Kitkumi!

Offline Corona

• Eohippus Pony
  • Trade Count: (+33)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Japanifornia Attorney Spokespony
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: November 07, 2014, 09:30:19 AM »
Does anyone still need a demo code for ORAS? I'm gonna buy the Puzzle Challenge game when I get paid tomorrow and it comes with a code. I already have a demo so I don't need it.

I'll give it away to the first person who doesn't have a demo and quotes this post! I'll PM you with the code when I get it. No catch, no cost, totally free.
Ah, I would love it if you still have it! The code Nintendo emailed me doesn't work :(
It's yours! I'll PM you with it when I get it later today. Note it's a US code but it shouldn't be a problem I don't think.

Streetpass is the only thing that makes me miss my old horrible job in the Japanese district of Los Angeles. On a Saturday night I'd get 30+ easy (before the ten person at a time cap was added.) And prior to that cap people would get 500+ a day at Anime Expo, local con.

Duster reference]

Offline Moony

• The big wolf on campus!
  • Trade Count: (+140)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: November 07, 2014, 05:13:45 PM »
The 10 person streetpass thing is so annoying :/ I went to a convention this weekend and only got about 30 streetpasses because I didn't have time to sit down and go through them all lol!

Thanks Whippetluv!

Offline Rainbowrific Renia

• A Pony Lost in the Stars
  • Trade Count: (+40)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Crazy ferret lady!
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: November 07, 2014, 06:43:01 PM »
The 10 person streetpass thing is so annoying :/ I went to a convention this weekend and only got about 30 streetpasses because I didn't have time to sit down and go through them all lol!
It's super annoying! I've been to 4 conventions this year and it kinda sucked stopping every few minutes just to check my streetpasses to make sure I wasn't missing out on getting anyone. Even a 20 person limit would be great!
Instagram / Want List

Offline MilkyTaroMochi

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Ivy is best pony. <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: November 07, 2014, 06:44:00 PM »
it's why at cons, i make a specific point to check every 30 minutes to clear it out. I sure as heck need all the help I can get on clearing those puzzles!! xD
 I do think it is ridiculous to have a 10 person limit, BUT at least some other games you can still get stresspasses even if your 10 is maxxed out, like Animal Crossing, Pokemon, Smash Bros., ect.
Thank you so much for the adoptable, Corona! :D

Offline Aitsuki

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: November 07, 2014, 08:16:53 PM »
Just ten?? What convention did you go to?? I go to Sakuracon, and get hundreds. I'm still pissed about the streetpass thing though.... because who knows how long until I can get that many people around???
My 3DS Friend Code (Playing Pokemon Moon): 2938-6334-2129

Offline Beachball

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://pokemontreasury.tumblr.com/
« Reply #96 on: November 08, 2014, 06:17:51 AM »
Now I have to figure out how StreetPass works. I never considered it worth learning about/using until the news of the Eon Ticket came out. StreetPass may not be of any use to me because I haven't seen one person with their 3DS in hand in the whole year I've owned my current 3DS.
« Last Edit: November 08, 2014, 06:26:31 AM by Beachball »

My Pokémon Blog: http://pokemontreasury.tumblr.com/

Sprinklecupcake

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #97 on: November 08, 2014, 09:13:59 AM »
It's super annoying! I've been to 4 conventions this year and it kinda sucked stopping every few minutes just to check my streetpasses to make sure I wasn't missing out on getting anyone. Even a 20 person limit would be great!

EDIT: Googled the info. WOW I feel stooooopid as I JUST passed on a Prerelease for the tgc and theres a LOT of people that attend the one in Plano every prerelease! Also I just went to a convention and had nooooo idea about this! @______@ I hope we can both get the Eon Ticket! If I get one, is tehr any way I can give one to you or it is only nearly people? *takes a plane to PA*
« Last Edit: November 08, 2014, 09:20:34 AM by Sprinklecupcake »

Offline Kitkumi

• Trade Count: (+25)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
  • My life is my story.
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: November 08, 2014, 01:06:48 PM »
I was just stopping in here to see if any one had heard about the Eon Ticket thing or knew exactly how it will work. Looks like everyone beat me to it lol.

So does any one know if the Eon Ticket "event" is already going on, or how it works? I mean, how exactly would you know if you did pass someone with the Eon Ticket if you got it or not? The Pokemon site was kinda vague to me.

Thanks to Moonflower and Amenoo for my avi/sig

Offline Aitsuki

• Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: November 08, 2014, 04:40:08 PM »
No, the ticket event has not started. It won't until the game is out... then some people will be given the tickets, and it's up to them to distribute..... *rolls eyes*

Offline Kitkumi

• Trade Count: (+25)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
  • My life is my story.
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: November 08, 2014, 06:42:08 PM »
Bleh. I didn't figure that it started yet but wasn't sure. When it does start I will be interested to see how long it will take to get a ticket. At the moment I'm not sure how I feel about this method of distribution, but I'm leaning heavily to not being fond of it lol.

Thanks to Moonflower and Amenoo for my avi/sig

Offline Aitsuki

• Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: November 08, 2014, 09:37:18 PM »
Pretty much no one is. check out the announcement responses on twitter, folk are PISSED.

Offline Rainbowrific Renia

• A Pony Lost in the Stars
  • Trade Count: (+40)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Crazy ferret lady!
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: November 08, 2014, 09:39:30 PM »
EDIT: Googled the info. WOW I feel stooooopid as I JUST passed on a Prerelease for the tgc and theres a LOT of people that attend the one in Plano every prerelease! Also I just went to a convention and had nooooo idea about this! @______@ I hope we can both get the Eon Ticket! If I get one, is tehr any way I can give one to you or it is only nearly people? *takes a plane to PA*
I'm pretty sure it can only be given through streetpass.  While that's interesting, I don't see it working out very well...
Instagram / Want List

Offline Corona

• Eohippus Pony
  • Trade Count: (+33)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Japanifornia Attorney Spokespony
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: November 08, 2014, 10:07:17 PM »
Pretty much no one is. check out the announcement responses on twitter, folk are PISSED.
I'm surprised at the sudden turn of how events are run. Streetpass, code distributions, it requires people to actually get up and do something. Want to draw in customers? Make something any lazy person can get access to. That's why Wifi events are so great, they don't require people to leave the house at a specific time and date.

Code distribution is broken and lopsided. Super populated areas like mine will run out in an hour while people in less-populated areas can hoard codes and sell them to people like me. I had to pay in virtual pets to get a shiny Gengar code. My loathing for greed is what's making me give away all codes I get for free or in free raffles. Streetpass is equally as lopsided and just downright gimmicky. Plus the Streetpass cap. What if you pass 10 people without the ticket but number 11 has it? Do you miss the ticket?

I'm pretty sure this is gonna go down as one of the biggest Pokemon blunders.

Duster reference]

Offline aluke

• Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: November 08, 2014, 10:52:53 PM »
I know I'm not too keen on the serial code distribution either. I mean, it would make sense if it was some bonus in a magazine or purchasing a game from a specific store (like the best buy pokeball bonus), but a free for everyone event like shiny Gengar and Diancie is pointless. Why put a cap on people who can obtain it and turn it into such a scavenger hunt? Plus, more importantly, what an environmentally unfriendly method; so much unnecessary paper waste.  -_-

Though, I do like the streetpass idea--in theory--because it opens up the event to people who miss out on the initial release. You know, if you buy your game after the event is over, at least there is a second chance to get one. Though starting off as an elusive event..? I'm not going to carry my 3DS around and leave it on for some rare event encounter. This is coming from someone who planned day trips to the States to coincide with event Pokemon distributions (back in the days when they weren't in Canada).

Between this and how  disappointed I was with X/Y, I think I'm going to put off getting OR until there is a decent sale. I'm obviously not going to be missing any special events to feel rushed into buying it.

Apologies for being so rant-heavy over here.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal