collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Would G4 Versions of G1 Ponies Sell?  (Read 3661 times)

Offline MorningGlorysParadise82

• Trade Count: (+32)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
Re: Would G4 Versions of G1 Ponies Sell?
« Reply #15 on: October 18, 2014, 03:54:27 PM »
What I think they should do is have online hasbrotoyshop exclusives of vintage characters and see how well they sell. Boom done.
That would be a great idea!
I do think certain "classic" characters would sell both for variety and older collectors would love them. For me Applejack is a favorite for that reason. She's a carry over from G1. And I like Fluttershy because she reminds me of Posey.
Somewhere I read that Hasbro has a certain approval process to go through which is why some older names we don't see.
But names like Firefly, Sundance, Moondancer and Glory would just be awesome to see!
Live as though the world is as it should be, to show what it can be.
Want List/My Ponydex/Ref.sheet

Offline Al-1701

• Trade Count: (0)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Wind Whistler and Fizzy best ponies ever
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 19, 2014, 04:14:16 AM »
Trademarking.  It's easier to trademark a nonsensical term than your specific use of a real term.  They could use any name they wish, but some are easier to register than others.  That's why I used Wind Whistler as an example since she would fit into the G4 naming convention of two words put together.

If Hasbro is worried about kids wanting what they see on TV, what about a second show?  Now that Friendship is Magic is a 16 month calendar, a second show schedules to air so each fills the gap of the other would showcase more ponies and make new material more available.
I spent five years learning Atmospheric Science on the university level.  I come out of it with the ultimate knowledge of the universe.  √10 * π ≈ 10.

Offline shimmlight

• Saviour of all Cowkind
  • Trade Count: (+16)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Moo.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 19, 2014, 06:21:57 AM »
I'd love them, as would many other people, but let's face it, it's extremely unlikely xD
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

:rainbow: Wantlist :rainbow: eBay Listings :rainbow: Arena Sales :rainbow:

Offline Mirnyj

• Siamese PurrPony
  • Trade Count: (+38)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • A house is not a home without a siamese cat
    • View Profile
    • My Blog (in finnish)
« Reply #18 on: October 19, 2014, 12:34:30 PM »
If they released a remastered, maybe 3D'd version of the My Little Pony Movie (Titanic, Lion King, Jurassic Park...) they could sell retro ponies as merchandise? *doesn't get her hopes up just yet* :P
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

instagram ~ facebook ~ online store

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 19, 2014, 12:38:02 PM »
I dont see why not...removing the generation aspect of them there is nothing different in the colours, styles, symbols, names and fundamental style of MLP from gen 1 to gen 4. So I dont see why a G4 pony with the colours, symbols and name of a G1 pony would be unpopular in comparison to unique G4 creations.

Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline Sunset

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 19, 2014, 03:18:39 PM »
I so wish they would do this!  I wouldn't even mind if they modified the names.

I think the online store exclusive would be great if they only wanted to start with a small run.  Or they could do a store exclusive.  Or they could package them with a mane six pony like they have been doing with the princesses.  I actually wouldn't mind buying another mane six if it included a G1 character.

Offline Al-1701

• G3 Prototype Pony
  • Wind Whistler and Fizzy best ponies ever
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 19, 2014, 03:24:27 PM »
If they released a remastered, maybe 3D'd version of the My Little Pony Movie (Titanic, Lion King, Jurassic Park...) they could sell retro ponies as merchandise? *doesn't get her hopes up just yet* :P
I would like to see the MLP movie with the character colors corrected and the TE ponies' eye effects finished.
I spent five years learning Atmospheric Science on the university level.  I come out of it with the ultimate knowledge of the universe.  √10 * π ≈ 10.

Offline reanna-mator

• Trade Count: (+87)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Feminist novelist pony
    • View Profile
    • http://reannaking.deviantart.com
« Reply #22 on: October 19, 2014, 03:28:37 PM »
I think they'd probably sell at least as well as other non-mane six ponies. :) They might get a boost from collectors as well who aren't wild about G4 but would like to see G1 favorites rendered in a newer style. I know I'd pick them up.
Breast cancer warrior.  :enraged: I'm now cancer free!

My Wishlist! Help me finish US G1! http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,386264.0.html

Offline teresat

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+79)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Pony Cow
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 19, 2014, 04:44:46 PM »
My daughter and I would love them....but then we love all the ponies. Let's see....brushables, fashion style, G4zilla size.... all of them! ;P
:biggrin: >_<^.^

brittney_rochelle

« Reply #24 on: October 19, 2014, 06:23:11 PM »
I don't really see why Hasbro isn't looking into the G1, even harder into the G3 line for new G4 toys. I wouldn't even care if their names were new. :/

Offline Einhornbaby

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+124)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://einhornbaby.contract-killers.de
« Reply #25 on: October 19, 2014, 06:53:07 PM »
my niece will take new characters if i buy them for her, but she only plays with the mane six and other ponies that are featured characters in the show or episodes like trixie.
otherwise she doesn't care for them. so most of the ones i had stock piled for her for gifts i've been selling off, since i know she prefers the mane six. so no. my niece personally wouldn't ask for them.

blind bags are the only "variety" ponies she enjoys. no idea why.
but i know when i was a kid the ponies i really wanted were the ones in the movie and the tv show. took 20 odd years but i finally got most of them.

My daughter is much the same. She clearly prefers those ponies featured in an episode of the TV series, BUT (!) as she loves the G1 she would want to have all those she already knows! So, Firefly, Moondancer, Majesty, ... yes, I think shed be happy with those!

I myself would of course buy them all lol! If I could. Id do in a heartbeat! :D

Offline RainbowAlicorn999

• Rockin Beat Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 19, 2014, 09:16:25 PM »
I think they would sell well to kids, collectors and some bronies. Please do it Hasbro! Because let's think about it, when Christmas comes, are the parents going to think that their kid wants a Pinkie Pie with black hair, a Pinkie Pie with Green hair, a Pinkie Pie with blue hair and 50 other stupid variants instead of a real collection with variety?

Offline Shy Violet

• Trade Count: (+18)
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 19, 2014, 09:22:16 PM »
Yes! I have made customs of some G1 to G4 ponies and my daughter LOVES them and begs me to make some for her. She is dying for new characters! She loves the mane 6 but she wants new ponies too. She has actually stopped playing with them since she hasn't gotten a new character in so long, she loses interest.  :( My nieces and my friend's daughter also love my custom ponies so I think little girls do want to see new characters and they don't have to be in the show to be appealing.

Moonracer

« Reply #28 on: October 20, 2014, 04:32:44 AM »
I think it would be pretty cool if they made the G4 versions of the G1 ponies.

Not only because of the whole nostalgia aspect, but because of the fact that it would introduce some diversity into the G4. And it is something that this generation desperately needs. This is one of the reasons why it took me so long to get into collecting G4 ponies in the first place: there's waaaaay too much Mane Six and Princesses out there, and the number of non-Mane Six ponies is completely scarce. If you place this generation next to G1, G2 and G3, it really does pale in comparison.

And it's a shame because I, like many here, adore the design of those ponies and I'd definitely see what other ponies they could possibly release under it. It's a real shame seeing all those potential wasted away...

And I simply can't understand why is that - especially since the Blind Bags had so many ponies, both fillies and colts, released over time, yet brushables only had a handful of those, with only one male character.

It really is a mystery to me... so yeah, I think producing some G4 variants of the G1 ponies would be a really good idea. And it's not like this is entirely impossible - afterall, Hasbro is already doing a bit of a fanservice towards Bronies, by producing all those figures of the fan-favorite characters either in Blind Bag, brushable or Funko form (Photo Finish, Zecora, Bubbles, Vinyl Scratch, Trixie etc.). So why not treat the fans of G1, the same way?

Offline Aienhime

• Trade Count: (+14)
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 20, 2014, 04:43:41 AM »
I'd buy every single one of them!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal