collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: 2014 Ornament Swap - all done!  (Read 14133 times)

Offline xeevee

• Trade Count: (+159)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://x-eevee.deviantart.com
Re: 2014 Ornament Swap - Start shopping!
« Reply #60 on: October 27, 2014, 07:09:39 AM »
Icecreamgirl, you might want to check with the post office if you are allowed to ship Christmas crackers.  They have gunpowder in them, so it may be a no-no.

Offline icecreamgirl

• Trade Count: (+140)
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: October 27, 2014, 08:03:14 AM »
Icecreamgirl, you might want to check with the post office if you are allowed to ship Christmas crackers.  They have gunpowder in them, so it may be a no-no.

It seems to be ok as long as they are sealed in their packaging and not loose! I'm not even sure that tree crackers have a snap as they are miniatures for decoration, but will double check  :)
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
Thanks to lunar_scythe & kittywhiskers for my adoptables

Offline M!ndy

• Trade Count: (+67)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: October 27, 2014, 08:15:27 AM »
Do you like tree crackers? The ones that go bang not the ones you eat!
I love them but no thank you.

Are glittery ornaments ok? Also how much glitter?
Definitely!! The more glitter the better! As long as it's fine and good quality glitter though - and done tastefully.

What kind of chocolate do you each specifically like? Dark, white, milk, etc? Do you like hot chocolate?
I'm not a massive fan of chocolate but I do like mint with milk chocolate. I also like mint hot chocolate.

Does anyone like mint (white or green) or peppermint (red and white) candy? Which do you perfer and do you like it with chocolate?
I don't have a preference because I just LOVE mint in all forms :biggrin:
Probably not with chocolate though because artificial candy chocolate flavours don't agree with me. No gelatine either please.
:fox:

Offline wiccanpony1

• Trade Count: (+73)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: October 27, 2014, 08:16:02 AM »
Yay for partners:) Im super excited to start shopping for ornaments especially as The mug swap box I sent and thought was lost arrived to my partner this morning!
I have never heard of applesauce and cinnamon decorations I think Im going to try them out with the girls over the holidays.

partner do you have any interest in the new G1 pony ornament?
I have her so I will have to pass :)

Would you like some hand crafted ornaments as extras?
Yes sure Id love handmade extras x

Not really I put a few on the tree for my daughter but thats about it:)

Glitter is fine who does not like sparkle lol

What kind of chocolate do you each specifically like? Dark, white, milk, etc? Do you like hot chocolate?
I like milk and white chocolate I dislike dark chocolate and I love hot chocolate

Does anyone like mint (white or green) or peppermint (red and white) candy? Which do you perfer and do you like it with chocolate?

I dont think I have tried Mint candy but I know I like peppermint candy and mint+chocolate is always a nice combo

Does anyone like pickle ornaments? Its a humorus american holiday tradition to stick a pickle ornament on the tree.
Sure:) who could turn down a pickle!

Woo!! I won -the- perfect ornament for my partner!! It's a bit over budget, so I hope it's okay to get one perfect ornament and some extras partner! I promise I'll make you a great box!

That would be perfectly fine with me too:) Im sure I said on my list that I would perfect just 1 or 2 ornaments over a few xx
« Last Edit: October 28, 2014, 07:26:09 AM by wiccanpony1 »

Offline xeevee

• Trade Count: (+159)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://x-eevee.deviantart.com
« Reply #64 on: October 27, 2014, 11:27:49 AM »
I won something on ebay that should be pretty perfect for such a good price. Hopefully it's nice in person.

Offline Dainty

• Trade Count: (+43)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • SHS collector ♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: October 27, 2014, 08:55:54 PM »
partner do you have any interest in the new G1 pony ornament?
Hmmm sure :3

Would you like some hand crafted ornaments as extras?
As extras sure if you'd like! I like getting food as extras too lol..!

No thanks! :-3c

Hmmm sure, although i prefer more ceramic-figure-y ornaments and those dont usually have glitter on them but I have no problem with it!!

Dark, milk, I LOVE dark chocolate even the 80% stuff! I like hot chocolate and things to put in coffee or instant coffee! I have like 4 things of hot chocolate from swaps already but theyre all plain so i wouldnt mind more if it's flavored

Does anyone like mint (white or green) or peppermint (red and white) candy? Which do you prefer and do you like it with chocolate?
I like peppermint things! I prefer chocolate and licorice type things though!

Offline Mkia

• Chihuahua Momma
  • Trade Count: (+57)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Flying zebra!
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: October 27, 2014, 09:07:12 PM »
Sorry I was at work all day and didn't get to the questions! Here are my answers :). I've been updating my main questions post with the new questions asked!

Do you like tree crackers? The ones that go bang not the ones you eat!I've never had one! I think it'd be fun as long as customs approves!

Glitter is definitely okay! Any amount lol. I'm not picky :P.

Mmmm I love almost all chocolate. My favorite is dark, but I like milk too. White is okay, but mostly just as a drizzle on top of dark or milk lol. I like hot cocoa! Especially with marshmallows and a candy cane.

I like all mint lol. Especially peppermint and wintergreen. Love candy canes! I looooove peppermint with chocolate. Especially in my hot cocoa or like Andes mints.

Sprinklecupcake

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #67 on: October 27, 2014, 10:07:47 PM »
One more question!

Does anyone like pickle ornaments? Its a humorus american holiday tradition to stick a pickle ornament on the tree.

Offline MikeysGrrrl

• Penguin Snuggle Pony
  • Trade Count: (+95)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Whatever you become, be an amazing one!
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: October 27, 2014, 10:37:44 PM »
How did I get so far behind on questions?

I'm gonna say yes, because I assume they are similar to the ones that people have at the table that have a surprise inside,  brings back childhood memories :P

Sure, I love glitter

I prefer milk chocolate, although dark chocolate tastes great when paired with mint or fruit (orange, raspberry, cherry etc) and I love hot chocolate

I like minty candy, don't really have a preference aside from not too much :blush: Mint goes fabulously with dark and milk chocolate.

No thank you

Do you like christmas socks/ fuzzy socks as an extra?
I don't mind Christmas/winter themed socks, I also don't mind fuzzy socks :)

Do you like stickers?
Of course, who doesn't? :P

Coffee, tea, hot chocolate... What do you like and dislike?
I enjoy tea and hot chocolate. I'm pretty open to just about any flavoured teas and for hot chocolate I like flavours similar to milk, mint, orange mint and toffee.

Do you mind any art as extras? Do you have any favorite ponies/ponysona?
I would love to receive art or anything crafty my partner would like to make. My favourite ponies are Baby Glory, Gusty and Skydancer. My ponysona info is in the spoiler
Spoiler

Regarding hot drinks, what devices do you have for making them (tea pot, tea infuser, kurig coffee machine)?
We have a kettle :)

Do you have fur babies? If so would you like an ornament or extra for them?
Yes I have 2 young cats, Shadow (girl) and Luna (boy).

If you have multiple fur babies do you have one in particular that is your <3 baby you would like something related to?
Since we only have 2 of them, they are both favourites but for different reasons. Shadow is very mellow and laid back, she kinda keeps to herself. Luna on the other hand is the opposite, loud, rambunctious and always under your feet. A cat toy or treat would be welcome :)

Partner, can you name some small things you typically like to receive as extras so I can get an idea of your likes? Ex: stickers, candy, jewelry, pens, lotion, etc?
Sure, I love lotion, lip balm, candles, pens, bracelets, stud earrings, stickers, jerky, goodies not available in Canada (ginger spice/pumpkin pie m&m's, hostess mini muffins), fabric as well as ribbons and lace for making doll clothes, doll outifts (that fit MH/EAH/YOSD BJD)

Do you like scented holiday candles?
I love scented candles, especially apple cinnamon, cinnamon bun, black cherry, gingerbread etc

Do you like gingerbread men? (The designs, cookie, or scent)
I love the way they smell, the way they look and I especially love to nibble on them if there softer gingerbread

Do you like Rudolf the Red-Nose Reindeer, Frosty, or Santa??
I like Frosty and vintage/Victorian styled Santa's

A pink, cute, but maybe a tad childish one, or one in black and white but with an interesting comic strip?
I'm going to say whichever one you choose :)
« Last Edit: November 10, 2014, 10:57:25 AM by MikeysGrrrl »

Offline Mkia

• Chihuahua Momma
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Flying zebra!
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: October 28, 2014, 06:52:02 AM »
I've already got a pickle for my tree :P

Offline wiccanpony1

• Trade Count: (+73)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: October 28, 2014, 07:23:55 AM »
Sure:) who could turn down a pickle!

Ill pop all my answers on my main post as well xx

Offline nessy_86

• Trade Count: (+93)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: October 28, 2014, 03:31:28 PM »
Partner I bought two ornaments for you today. I also bought a bunch of items from the craft store to try and be crafty with your ornaments :)

Offline Mkia

• Chihuahua Momma
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Flying zebra!
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: October 28, 2014, 08:45:33 PM »
I bought a second ornament today. I really shouldn't have since I'm over budget but it was such a steal that I had to! I'm also planning on making an ornament or two...plus some small extras and then I'm done!

This may be one of those times when I'll need to wrap and box early so I stop buying things lol xD

Offline icecreamgirl

• Trade Count: (+140)
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: October 29, 2014, 01:23:16 AM »
Got your first ornament partner  :)

Are glittery ornaments ok? Also how much glitter? Yes but not too much thanks as it ends up everywhere!

Milk is my favourite either plain or with nuts or flavoured with orange or mint, but I also like white chocolate
I love hot chocolate especially with marshmallows!

I like mint. I prefer it with chocolate

Sounds interesting - sure!

I have updated my first post as well
Thanks to lunar_scythe & kittywhiskers for my adoptables

Sprinklecupcake

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #74 on: October 29, 2014, 03:12:27 AM »
Partner, I got a couple ornaments for you! Im going to be getting you a bunch more since they werent that expensive. I also have your candy picked out and need to buy it later on! Im currently waiting for a lot of stores to set/stock their stocking stuffer gifts for ypur extras!!! Going shopping tomorrow for you! Ive got some great ideas!

Hmmm probably might help my secret swapper if I answer my own questions.

Are glittery ornaments ok? Also how much glitter? I LOVE glitter! :D

My top favorite is dark chocolate-the darker the better! I also like milk chocolate with nuts or peanut butter. White chocolate I usually wont eat a ton unless its filled with peanut butter or candycane peppermint. I LOVE all flavors of hot cocoa, with or without marshmallows.

I enjoy both spearmint and candy cane peppermint-especially with chocolates!

We have a pickle ornament already! We stick it on our tree on Winter's Eve and whoever finds it first gets a little prize!
« Last Edit: October 29, 2014, 03:14:04 AM by Sprinklecupcake »

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal