collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: De-rusting G3 baby - getting tail back in?  (Read 242 times)

Offline Artemesia's Garden

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Flicker Flame... Thanks to Brightberry!
    • View Profile
    • Things I make and Do
De-rusting G3 baby - getting tail back in?
« on: October 17, 2014, 01:20:07 PM »
Hey, I got a G3 baby with a rusty tail washer from Ponycon.  I have removed the rust but the clamp is too big to get back through that hole. Should I keep on trying with the hairdryer or do most people remove G3 clamps, use thread to get it back in then secure with cable tie? I have de-rusted hundreds of G1s but never a G3 so hoping for your good advice. Many pony thanks!
:heart: ISO G1 Daffodil, upgrade for June Rose; G1 Waterfall blue towel, G1 Waterfall bubbles bottle with white writing; Perfume Puff Palace green hat, pink bracelet and mesh scarves, glitter combs for SHS, lace scarves for SHS, G3 Flower Wishes and Candy Cane, Baby Northern Lights...Accessories from FiM Collection Canterlot Castle: Tirek's staff, Phoenix and stand, open book :heart: Pony Page :heart: Wish List :heart:

Offline Tabbyclaw

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
Re: De-rusting G3 baby - getting tail back in?
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2014, 03:22:09 PM »
Pop the head off, thread a loop of wire or dental floss through the tail hole into the body so that the loop sticks out of the neck hole, put the tail through the loop, and pull it all out the tail hole so the clamp catches on the inside.

-Tabby
the princess with claws

Offline Artemesia's Garden

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Flicker Flame... Thanks to Brightberry!
    • View Profile
    • Things I make and Do
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2014, 11:35:24 AM »
Gah! THank you so much! Where have you been all my life?  :biggrin:
:heart: ISO G1 Daffodil, upgrade for June Rose; G1 Waterfall blue towel, G1 Waterfall bubbles bottle with white writing; Perfume Puff Palace green hat, pink bracelet and mesh scarves, glitter combs for SHS, lace scarves for SHS, G3 Flower Wishes and Candy Cane, Baby Northern Lights...Accessories from FiM Collection Canterlot Castle: Tirek's staff, Phoenix and stand, open book :heart: Pony Page :heart: Wish List :heart:

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2014, 11:05:52 AM »
Thats the only way I am ever able to put them back together :P I dont have the patience and the physics eludes me any other way :P
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal