collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Magic Attic dolls ; PC/info?  (Read 342 times)

Offline Squirrelypaws

• Trade Count: (+49)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
Magic Attic dolls ; PC/info?
« on: October 16, 2014, 12:40:42 PM »
I picked up two Magic Attic dolls today at Salvation Army today. I Googled them, and I THINK I have Alison and Heather. Beyond that, I know absolutely nothing about them, so I was wondering if you guys could help me out with some info and a price check. ^_^

Here are pictures of my two girls, spoiler'd for size:

Dollies
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

They both seem to be in great shape, except for messy hair and some play dirt on their bodies. Other than a number on the back of each doll's head, they're not marked at all.

I MIGHT have their original shirts; in a seperate bag, I found two long-sleeved shirts with metal snaps in the back that fit them very well. One shirt is plain white, the other is pink-and-white striped. I found a few Google pictures of Heather in a pink-and-white striped shirt very much like the one I have, so I'm guessing these shirts are theirs. I will add pics of the shirts later.

As far as cleaning them up, I have a couple questions.

Their hair has a rather musty smell to it, and is a bit tangled. Can I wash and condition it, with regular shampoo/conditioner? If not, what can I use on them to remove the smell and make the hair easier to comb?

It looks like there'll be some frizz to their hair after I get it combed out. I know a hair straightener can be use on frizzy ponies; could I use one on these dolls without frying their hair?
**Formerly known as GryffindorHermione**
~*{Squirrely's Stuff For Sale}*~
Ponies ;; Dolls ;; Other Toys

Offline kCherry

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+244)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • *-* Smart Doll Obsessed *-*
    • View Profile
    • Studio 7th Sanctuary is now on Facebook
Re: Magic Attic dolls ; PC/info?
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2014, 06:49:26 AM »
They are both quite cute! Congrats on them! I'd never head of Magic Attic dolls, but I love the name of the line. :lovey: I'd clean up them the same way that I'd clean up American Girls or other similar dolls and you should be able to find a tutorial or two on how to clean them with a Google search.

As for the hair, I would treat it mostly the same way I'd treat pony hair, maybe with a tad more care, as doll hair can often be made of more fragile types of hair than nylon. Don't be alarmed if you see a bit off shedding as you clean them up; I've yet to come across a doll that didn't shed at least a little. And the older the dolls are the more likely they are to shed more hair.

Since you don't know what type of hair the dolls have I would test the straightener out on a couple of those shed hairs before I tried it on the dolls entire head. ;)

Hope this was a bit helpful. I'd love to see pictures of them once they are all shiny and settled in their new home!! <3

My Etsy shop O Ponies *** My Youtube Channel

Offline lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
Re: Magic Attic dolls ; PC/info?
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2014, 09:46:47 AM »
The Bad Trader List

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal