collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Memories coming back / Nostaligc first pony thread [MERGED]  (Read 1344 times)

Offline Mirnyj

• Siamese PurrPony
  • Trade Count: (+38)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • A house is not a home without a siamese cat
    • View Profile
    • My Blog (in finnish)
Re: The memories there all coming back...........
« Reply #15 on: October 14, 2014, 08:51:58 AM »
My first pony was Love Letter. She's also my only G1 that came off the card. ;) I think I got her from a relative of some sort, can't remember which. Either birthday or Christmas present, can't remember that either. I was very, very young. 2 or 3 years old probably, since they came out '91.  :P She was very much loved through my whole childhood, and I always washed her when she started to look dirty. ^.^ I still have her as I have all my childhood ponies. :)
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

instagram ~ facebook ~ online store

Offline Miniature Sheep

• Crystal Dolphin Warrior
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Barry, you're so optimistic...
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 14, 2014, 09:48:46 AM »
The first ponies I had were handed down from one of my aunts; the ones I can remember are Baby Sugarberry, Baby Sleepy Head, Majesty, Windy, Cherries Jubilee, Baby Up Up and Away, two Poseys, and a green flutter pony (can't remember what she was called).
The first pony I ever bought with my own money was either Kimono or Minty, back when G3 was still a new thing.
And when it came to replacing my old childhood favourites, the first one I got (read: rescued) was a really badly faded Posey; she was also a bit on the grubby side when she came to me but now she's been cleaned and has a proper loving home! :)

Offline Ionn

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • Rainbow Curl Pony
  • Horse Shaped Object Enthusiast
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 14, 2014, 10:43:55 AM »
My first pony was Peachy and the pretty parlour. Santa brought her for me when I was 6.

Me too! (Although I don't know if I was 6) I must have gotten some of my other 'early' ponies pretty quickly after as well, as I can't remember having Peachy without Firefly, Twilight, & Sparkler.

The Christmas I got the Parlor my little sis got Butterscotch as her first pony. She wasn't a horse crazed child like me & I eventually inherited the few ponies she had, so I think of Butterscotch as my 'second' first pony!

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 14, 2014, 02:44:28 PM »
Cotton Candy for me - first pony as a little girl and first pony as a collector :)
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline Ponyfan

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 14, 2014, 02:47:01 PM »
Cotton Candy was my first pony.

Ponyfan

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

Bubbles1983

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #20 on: October 14, 2014, 02:51:40 PM »
Bubbles was my first pony. My mum told me and my brother we could buy a toy each to take on holiday to Canada. So Bubbles crossed the Atlantic with me. She is currently in my parent's loft but they are going to get her down for me. Can't wait to see her again.

Offline Marlin

• Trade Count: (+48)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 14, 2014, 03:33:29 PM »
Bow Tie was my first pony. I remember taking her to school - so I must have been around 5 or 6?? She went everywhere with me  :lol: I still have her - she is the only pony allowed out of the cabinet and sits with me next to the computer  :)

Offline invaderhorizongreen

• Trade Count: (+130)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 14, 2014, 05:35:06 PM »
The first ponies I can remember are the twins with the swan symbol, I still have mine but I had to give one a new tail.

Offline moonsugar

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
    • my Tumblr blog (may occasionally contain adult content)
« Reply #23 on: October 14, 2014, 07:36:05 PM »
G4 Twilight Sparkle, with bangs. I was staying with my auntie and little cousin for my very first Christmas (I grew up in a family where it wasn't celebrated) and guess who was an early Christmas present! I was amazed by how soft and long her hair was.

Later on I took the plunge and tried to give her slightly shorter bangs so as to be more show-accurate, but I accidentally took too much off. So I decided to turn her into a Future Twilight custom, with an eyepatch and catsuit and head bandage and everything. She looks really good!

My first G1 was Gingerbread, who I acquired not so long ago. I just saw her and absolutely had to have her. I never thought I'd be into G1s, but now I am! And it's great!
:fox:

Offline xeevee

• Trade Count: (+159)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://x-eevee.deviantart.com
« Reply #24 on: October 14, 2014, 09:32:01 PM »
I honestly don't remember.  It must have been either Blossom or Apple Jack.  But I have no clear memory getting them, they were always just around. 

Offline princess

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Dance N' Prance Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 14, 2014, 10:12:56 PM »
I can't remember who I had as a kid!  I KNOWI had a bunch of sea ponies, I played with them in the bath.  But the only thing I remember about those is a pink and blue alligator floaty.  My grandma says they were all thrown away, though.  I remember Streaky and Princess Tiffany vaguely--Tiffany has chews from my first dog, and my mom doesn't remember having her when she was a child, so she's a possibility.

As an adult!  Night Glider!  I adored G1 ponies and I fell in love when I saw her, and would occasionally look for her, and eventually she appeared on eBay, as a buy now even!  So  I usually just count Night Glider as my first.

And bc I think it's interesting to see what ponies 80s kids were getting, and others might too, my mom's first pony was Bow Tie, she doesn't remember either lol, but the names Bow Tie and Posey felt most familiar to her, and she's pretty sure a friend got her Bow Tie for her birthday and it spawned her to collect more--thank goodness, because her 40+ childhood pony collection has become mine basically

Offline Lady.Arachnia

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+11)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • I, Myself, am Strange and Unusual...
    • View Profile
    • Boutique Gothique, Very Unique Gothic & Fantasy Wear & Jewelry
« Reply #26 on: October 16, 2014, 01:24:03 PM »
I got my first pony after surgery and it was Skydancer! I stil have her, she stand on my nightstand now!

Thank you Artists for Itsy Bitsy Spider Pony! xxx

Offline ReneesUnicorn

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Dance N' Prance Pony
    • View Profile
[merging with existing thread ~ Kiwi]

Well, I just made this post because I have been feeling rather nostalgic lately  :P I distinctly remember only having 2 ponies when I was a kid. My first pony was G3 Periwinkle. I remember going to toys r us and picking her out  :cheer: In first or second grade, I gave her to my best friend for her birthday and I regretted it about a week later :cry: Since I started recollecting ponies, I had been trying to find this "white pony with blue hair and a gem as her cutie mark".

So... While I was on ebay last year, I came across a seller who had tons of g3 MIBs and saw this pony who looked rather familiar... And I recognised her as my first pony! I had never remembered her name but I always remembered that it was some kind of flower. So after I got her MIB, I wanted to have a loose version of her so that I could play with her (I don't care how old I am, playing with ponies is very relaxing  :lol: ) and after a few weeks of searching, I found one that was still extremely white with amazing hair. So here they are together! My very first pony, Periwinkle  :flow: :hearts:

If you have pictures of the first pony you got as a kid or as an adult/collector, I'd really love to see them :) Let's make this a "nostalgic" thread! hahaha  :biggrin:
« Last Edit: October 25, 2014, 09:01:19 AM by Kiwi »
Looking for Takara ponies (Pinky)! :enthralled: :cold:

Follow me on instagram! @DisneyWhimsy  :socks:

Offline tikibirds

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+104)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • The more people I meet, the more I like my dog!
    • View Profile
I have no idea, it was back in the early 80's and I was like 5?
I remember taking skydancer and windy into the tub with me

Follow me in Instagram - https://www.instagram.com/midnight_fox_fire/

Offline ReneesUnicorn

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Dance N' Prance Pony
    • View Profile
I remember taking skydancer and windy into the tub with me
[/quote]

Haha too cute! Did they get tail rust? :\
Looking for Takara ponies (Pinky)! :enthralled: :cold:

Follow me on instagram! @DisneyWhimsy  :socks: