collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: What G1 ponies do you see as boys?  (Read 3466 times)

Offline tuneful87

• Shmexy Stallion
  • Trade Count: (+94)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
    • View Profile
What G1 ponies do you see as boys?
« on: October 13, 2014, 03:34:05 PM »
Growing up (and disregarding the way the characters were portrayed in the TV series) there were quite a few ponies that I saw as "boys" in the herd - Medley, Windy, baby Rattles and Tattles, Seashell, etc.

As an adult, there are still certain ponies/poses that I see as "boys" - Moondancer, Sunbeam, Twilight, Glory, Skippy, Magic Star, Whizzer, Masquerade, Sweet Pop, Baby Blossom (pretty much any baby in that pose), Wind Whistler, Coco Berry, Skyflier, Twist, Tootsie, Baby Beachcomber, Baby Sea Shimmer, Sunlight, Moonstone, Hopscotch, Nightglider, Tic Tac Toe, Scrumptious. And I guess I still see Seashell along with Bubbles as boys, although Seashell I'm torn on. As a kid, I saw Seashell as the "old man" in the herd due to the sitting pose.

How about you? Which G1s do you see as boys, and just as importantly, why? Is it because you see a certain pose as a bit more masculine, or is it because of the coloring, etc?
« Last Edit: October 13, 2014, 03:37:43 PM by tuneful87 »

squishy turdl

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: What G1 ponies do you see as boys?
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2014, 03:37:22 PM »
my ss buttons is a boy.. and maybe all the ones in that pose.. its very masculine.

and diary pony. is of course a he!

oh and i know its a g1 question but always trip up referring to rainbow dash as a boy!

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
  • Trade Count: (+101)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2014, 03:56:02 PM »
Bowtie was a boy in my herd  ^.^

Offline invaderhorizongreen

• Trade Count: (+130)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2014, 03:56:43 PM »
I have always seen shady as a boy just the pose and colors say boy to me.

Offline Stormness_1

• Pony Of Anarchy!
  • Trade Count: (+28)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • I'm not a magical unicorn, you know!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2014, 04:21:49 PM »
I've always seen the Cupcake pose as a boy pose. Also some Tootsie pose ponies as well (Sunspot Tootsie, Magic Star), and occasionally the Buttons pose, Beachball was a boy for a while there! In pegasi, the Wizzer pose is kinda masculine, as is Lofty! I had Tall Tales as a boy. In my fakies, the Dancing Butterflies pose ones were all boys, but the MLP ones in the same pose were definitely girls - must be the face!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Sig by Moonbreeze, avi by Sapphire Rain.

Offline tuneful87

• Shmexy Stallion
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 13, 2014, 04:40:13 PM »
I've always seen the Cupcake pose as a boy pose. Also some Tootsie pose ponies as well (Sunspot Tootsie, Magic Star), and occasionally the Buttons pose, Beachball was a boy for a while there! In pegasi, the Wizzer pose is kinda masculine, as is Lofty! I had Tall Tales as a boy. In my fakies, the Dancing Butterflies pose ones were all boys, but the MLP ones in the same pose were definitely girls - must be the face!

I don't think I've ever seen DB fakies before!

Offline UrocyonFox

• Zombie BBE Pony
  • Trade Count: (+142)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
    • Urocyonfox's Artwork
« Reply #6 on: October 13, 2014, 04:42:35 PM »
Gusty was always a boy to me, and thanks to Shaiyeh Tuneful is a boy to me as well :p

Offline Ariana

• Trade Count: (+193)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 13, 2014, 04:43:55 PM »
Speedy is totally a boy in my herd! As well as Party Time, Sugarberry (I think it's the masculine pose!), and Sunbeam!  :lol:
Follow my SFW pony tumblr: http://yodawgiheardyoulikeponies.tumblr.com/
Trade/sale list and wishlist:
http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,371182.0.html
My MLP Youtube Channel:

Offline rosierjay

• Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+152)
  • MOC Mimic
  • you can call me Rosier
    • View Profile
    • Customs and stuff i'm selling
« Reply #8 on: October 13, 2014, 05:08:50 PM »
baby blossom and baby stripes.

baby blossom was my first baby pony, and through a series of adventures i officially changed him to a boy.
baby stripes got nominated too, cuz well, he's blossom's best friend.

Offline Bekuno

• Starstruck
  • Trade Count: (+10)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Space Pony Enthusiast.
    • View Profile
    • Art Website
« Reply #9 on: October 13, 2014, 05:14:15 PM »
Hmm I have to go with Fox and say Tuneful :P That art Shaiyeh did swayed me as well!

There's quite a few that I think would make nice boys. Seashell, german Nightlight, Pillow Talk, Sky Rocket, Speedy, Sky Dancer, Tall Tails, Romper..

I also think the baby fifi pose is rather masculine as well. I'm kinda blanking out on more right now though :P
Avatar was drawn by tumblr user Yomirs, sig by LordBlumiere and Sweetpop!  :heart:

Offline tuneful87

• Shmexy Stallion
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 13, 2014, 05:28:46 PM »
Hmm I have to go with Fox and say Tuneful :P That art Shaiyeh did swayed me as well!

I'd like to see that.

I've always seen Tuneful as female. In my herd she is married to Windy (male) and their kids are Wiggles, Rattles, and Tattles. The only pony in that pose that really strikes me as male is Twist. I see him as an older, hairy, biker daddy. haha.

Offline prancingstag

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 13, 2014, 05:35:26 PM »
Oh boy, what a fun thread. I have a really extensive amount of ponies that strike me as being boys. :P It's always fun to see what everyone thinks!

Spoiler
A lot of ponies in the Sugarberry and Gingerbread poses strike me as pretty masculine. From the SB pose Love Story, Sparkle Stardancer, Tales Patch and Lemon Treats are males in my head. From GB pose, Party Time, Sparkle Sky Rocket, Mint Dreams, Scrumptious, Raspberry Jam and the Birthday Pony with streamers in the tail all strike me as boys. I love the Gingerbread pose male ponies like the family Daddies, Sports-Time and Mexican Prince Ruby, I think the pose really suits them.

Sugar Sweet from the Candy Canes, Bright Eyes from Tales, Great Hair Highlights, Gusty and Sunbeam, Skydancer and Starflower, Germans Night Light and Moonlight, Kiss Curl, Baby Cuddles, Dutch Baby School Pony.

Sundae Best Peppermint Crunch is a boy to me. Normal Swirly Whirly and Coco Berry strike me as girls, whereas their German variants (aqua haired SW and lavender haired CB) look like boys.

Windy Wing ponies Cool Breeze and Whirly, TAF Babies Milky Way and Dancing Butterflies, Newborn Babies Shaggy, Squirmy and Wiggles too.

Newborn Twins Nibbles & Dibbles, Rattles & Tattles, Jabber & Jebber are all boys to me. Some other pairs are divided - Sniffles is a boy and Snookums a girl, Noodles a boy and Doodles a girl, Sandcastle a boy and Shovels a girl, Sleepy Head a boy and Sleep Tight a girl.

From the Pony Friends Edgar and Oakley are described as boys and that fits them. Creamsicle, Baby Nectar and Baby Lucky also strike me as boys. Kingsley will always be male to me as well. Really, the King lion with a full, luxurious mane... and they pass off the backcard story as being a girl? :rofl:

Offline tuneful87

• Shmexy Stallion
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 13, 2014, 05:45:47 PM »
Oh boy, what a fun thread. I have a really extensive amount of ponies that strike me as being boys. :P It's always fun to see what everyone thinks!

Spoiler
A lot of ponies in the Sugarberry and Gingerbread poses strike me as pretty masculine. From the SB pose Love Story, Sparkle Stardancer, Tales Patch and Lemon Treats are males in my head. From GB pose, Party Time, Sparkle Sky Rocket, Mint Dreams, Scrumptious, Raspberry Jam and the Birthday Pony with streamers in the tail all strike me as boys. I love the Gingerbread pose male ponies like the family Daddies, Sports-Time and Mexican Prince Ruby, I think the pose really suits them.

Sugar Sweet from the Candy Canes, Bright Eyes from Tales, Great Hair Highlights, Gusty and Sunbeam, Skydancer and Starflower, Germans Night Light and Moonlight, Kiss Curl, Baby Cuddles, Dutch Baby School Pony.

Sundae Best Peppermint Crunch is a boy to me. Normal Swirly Whirly and Coco Berry strike me as girls, whereas their German variants (aqua haired SW and lavender haired CB) look like boys.

Windy Wing ponies Cool Breeze and Whirly, TAF Babies Milky Way and Dancing Butterflies, Newborn Babies Shaggy, Squirmy and Wiggles too.

Newborn Twins Nibbles & Dibbles, Rattles & Tattles, Jabber & Jebber are all boys to me. Some other pairs are divided - Sniffles is a boy and Snookums a girl, Noodles a boy and Doodles a girl, Sandcastle a boy and Shovels a girl, Sleepy Head a boy and Sleep Tight a girl.

From the Pony Friends Edgar and Oakley are described as boys and that fits them. Creamsicle, Baby Nectar and Baby Lucky also strike me as boys. Kingsley will always be male to me as well. Really, the King lion with a full, luxurious mane... and they pass off the backcard story as being a girl? :rofl:

Oh I'm glad you brought up the pony friends. I see almost all of them as boys as well! Maybe the kangaroo and sheep as female, but that's about it.

Offline wizzer218

• Trade Count: (+153)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • love me some pony!
    • View Profile
    • www.flyinghorsearts.com
« Reply #13 on: October 13, 2014, 06:46:09 PM »
Lofty
North star
Paradise
One of my Glorys
Milky way

Gloomygirl777

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #14 on: October 13, 2014, 06:52:44 PM »
Lofty in my mind is a boy. And I think of Magic Star as a boy too. I don't know..something about a lot of the SS ponies really makes me see them as boys...not sure why....?

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal