collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: My Pretty Pony Restoration HELP!  (Read 335 times)

Offline ReneesUnicorn

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Dance N' Prance Pony
    • View Profile
My Pretty Pony Restoration HELP!
« on: October 04, 2014, 02:12:42 AM »
Does anyone know how to fix My Pretty Pony? Anyone know how to open and close MPP without destroying the pony?

Hi everyone, I'm not sure if this is the right section to post this thread in, but I really need some help with my Pink MPP... When I got her, she wasn't in the best condition (cracks in her head), but she worked fine and looked nice on display. I was in the process of moving rooms (I live with a host family) and my precious baby fell. Now she has a little problem with her mechanism... I think somewhere in her head, her hair has been caught around the mechanism at her ears. So I can't rotate her ears back to their normal position. And when I try to, her hair gets shorter... She still winks and moves her tail. The only problem are her ears. In the pics below, her ears look fine but one pic actually shows how her ear has rotated as you can see where her head is still pink from where her ear used to be.

Ears in different positions and crack in her head:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

How her ear has moved from original position:

Hair length difference from me trying to twist her ears back:

Large crack in her head:

Overall, does ANYONE know how to open her up and close her back without destroying her? Please help!!!

[moving to Corral ~ many thanks ~ hathorcat]
« Last Edit: October 04, 2014, 06:35:12 AM by hathorcat »
Looking for Takara ponies (Pinky)! :enthralled: :cold:

Follow me on instagram! @DisneyWhimsy  :socks:

Offline Mirnyj

• Siamese PurrPony
  • Trade Count: (+38)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • A house is not a home without a siamese cat
    • View Profile
    • My Blog (in finnish)
Re: My Pretty Pony Restoration HELP!
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2014, 11:05:39 AM »
I tried to open one up and ended up beating her up.  >_< Hint: don't even try to use hot water on her, it discolors the plastic. :( Hope someone can help you!

instagram ~ facebook ~ online store

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2014, 01:07:28 PM »
She does open out in to two parts so you really just have to perhaps take her apart and then pop her back together again.

Try this guide...scroll down the page - http://www.mlppreservationproject.com/misc.html
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline ReneesUnicorn

• Dance N' Prance Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2014, 04:27:35 PM »
She does open out in to two parts so you really just have to perhaps take her apart and then pop her back together again.

Try this guide...scroll down the page - http://www.mlppreservationproject.com/misc.html

Thanks! I've just read through it. I'll probably try it on my bait brown MPP first to be safe haha  :lol:

sunshine29102

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2014, 08:27:52 PM »
I did it to the brown one a while back. Her hair was really ratty and I wanted to restore her, so I basically opened her up by prying very slowly with a small flathead screwdriver along the seam. She didn't crack, but looking back, using a hairdryer to warm her/loosen the plastic/glue a bit might help, too. 

Good luck getting her apart. You can do it! And from there, that's the worst of it.  Everything else should go pretty smoothly.  If I can be of any help, feel free to shoot me a PM.

I also suggest saving or bookmarking the link to that picture of the internal mechanisms of the MPP that BarbedDragon has in the tutorial mentioned above.  Oh, and maybe put the loose parts in a small plastic storage bag so you don't lose it during cleaning, etc. 

Here's how mine turned out:
Spoiler
After...

Before, she had a mohawk like this...

« Last Edit: October 05, 2014, 08:30:31 PM by sunshine29102 »

Offline ReneesUnicorn

• Dance N' Prance Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 05, 2014, 09:13:56 PM »
Wow your MPP is gorgeous! Love the rehair :lol: how did you put her back together? Did you have to glue her or did she sorta just snap back into place?

sunshine29102

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #6 on: October 05, 2014, 09:34:19 PM »
Wow your MPP is gorgeous! Love the rehair :lol: how did you put her back together? Did you have to glue her or did she sorta just snap back into place?

Aw, thank you! I want to get my hands on a few more of them and restore/rehair them.  They're just so cute. Your pink/Peachy one is adorable.  I know you can do this, and I can't wait to see what she looks like when you're all done! :)  And, the bonus is that once you get her opened up, you can remove and wash her mane and tail and let them dry before reinserting them.  I felt like she was a little less "germy" once she got washed up.  But then again, I'm weird like that.

And yes, I did have to glue her back together, as she doesn't really stay together otherwise.  I applied a small amount of clear glue (I'll have to check the brand -- the same one I use for rehairing my custom ponies) and sort of spread it all around the seams (there isn't much room to work with, because the seams aren't that wide, really).  After that, I tied her up with some string to keep her seams tight until the glue dried.  I let her glue set for about 24 hours. 

This is her while the glue was drying. 
Spoiler
« Last Edit: October 05, 2014, 09:37:26 PM by sunshine29102 »

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal