collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Need some advice and PCs on selling my G4 collection.  (Read 816 times)

Offline Rachel-Eyes

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
Need some advice and PCs on selling my G4 collection.
« on: October 01, 2014, 01:27:32 PM »
So I'm going to be starting a sales thread soon because I'm out of space and broke.

I've lost a lot of interest in G4 since they haven't really been doing a whole lot of creative things lately, and I'm sticking mainly to Blind Bags. I've got a nearly complete set of the "Playful Ponies," completely mint in the box. Years ago, I had space to display them because I lived with my grandma, but for a long time now they've been sitting alone in a plastic box in the closet. I think they'd be a lot happier where they can feel the sunshine.

I've a full set of Wave 1, Cheerilee from Wave 2 (I ended up buying the Easter Lily Blossom to take the spot of the missing Playful Pony), and full sets of Waves 3, 4, 6 (Cherry Pie missing the disc), and 8. I skipped 5 and 7 because it's just the Mane Six with different accessories and I found that to be too redundant. I've also got Zecora with her box, a very early boxed release of a BB Applejack, the Twilight Sparkle toothbrush cup, and the bubble bath set, all MIB.

I've kind of got a dilemma though... I'm really considering keeping Flitterheart, Honeybuzz, Snowcatcher, Dewdrop Dazzle, Sunny Rays, and Blossomforth for myself because I'm fond of them. Keeping them would not make a complete set.

I'm kind of wondering if I could get a PC on them as is and with the missing ponies if I do decide to keep them. Also, if I do, I'm kind of thinking of taking them out of their boxes for space reasons. Would this be a big no-no for those ponies specifically, since they are no longer being sold in stores?

I realize that unboxing ponies can be kind of controversial, so please understand that I'm not trying to start a fight. I just need some advice.

I'll probably be asking some more PC questions in the future, since I'd like to try to have these out by the end of the year. And hey, some may make some nice Christmas presents too!

Offline gabumon

• Daddy Sweet Celebrations
  • Trade Count: (+92)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • mostly papercrafting
    • View Profile
    • Netroids
Re: Need some advice and PCs on selling my G4 collection.
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2014, 08:44:56 PM »
could you list which ponies you have that you need PCd?  some of us (me) aren't familiar with who exactly is in which line, etc.  I mean I have a vague idea, but not enough to guess accurately enough for a PC.  hope that helps.  Good Luck!

Offline Rachel-Eyes

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2014, 10:10:46 PM »
could you list which ponies you have that you need PCd?  some of us (me) aren't familiar with who exactly is in which line, etc.  I mean I have a vague idea, but not enough to guess accurately enough for a PC.  hope that helps.  Good Luck!

Oh yes, of course. :)

Wave 1:
Applejack (no bangs, discovered a crease in the back)
Rainbow Dash (with bangs)
Twilight Sparkle (with bangs)
Pinkie Pie
Fluttershy
Rarity

Wave 2:
Cheerilee
(Easter Lily Blossom acting as a placeholder)

Wave 3:
Cupcake
Lulu Luck
Dewdrop Dazzle (might keep, might unbox)
Blossomforth (might keep, might unbox)

Wave 4:
Feathermay
Plumsweet
Twinkleshine
Flitterheart (might keep, might unbox)
Snowcatcher (might keep, might unbox)
Honeybuzz (might keep, might unbox)

Wave 6:
Cherry Pie (missing disc)
Diamond Rose (with disc)

Wave 8:
Lyra Heartstrings
Trixie Lulamoon
Cherry Berry
Sunny Rays (might keep, might unbox)

Other things:
Zecora
Early Applejack Blind Bag (like this one- http://mylittlewiki.org/wiki/File:G4PVApplejackMOC.jpg)
Bubble Bath Set (like this- http://i.imgur.com/yo2W0.jpg)
Twilight Sparkle's Great Smiles Set (like this- http://i.walmartimages.com/i/p/00/69/22/37/05/0069223705895_500X500.jpg)

Offline Katika

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2014, 04:38:05 AM »
I would think that you'd be good to keep your favorites and sell the rest.  I cannot recall ever seeing someone buy an entire wave in one go (especially for what MIB typically are listed for) and you might have a harder time trying to sell them in complete waves than listing them separately.  HOWEVER, if you list them separately, you may have a hard time getting rid of any Mane 6 ponies you have :-/  I wish I could be of more help!  Best of luck with your (eventual) sales!!

Offline Rachel-Eyes

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2014, 08:14:17 AM »
Thank you, Katika. That is actually very helpful. :)

I think I probably will go ahead and keep the favorites, and unbox them for space. Their animal friends will most likely be for sale.

Would $6 each be fair, or is that short-selling myself? (Or overpricing?) I know that Lily Blossom can go up to the $20 mark- is there anyone else that I should be aware of?

Offline MidnightMocha

• Trade Count: (+249)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • But the stars in the sky look like home
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2014, 09:44:30 AM »
I think those prices sound about right- definitely keep your faves! Even if you're not super keen on them, you may regret it someday! Better to just stash them away in the meantime.

On another note, I'd be interested in your Wave 1 Twilight and Wave 3 Cupcake :3
Will always trade for limited edition/90s Pikachu stuff!

Offline gabumon

• Daddy Sweet Celebrations
  • Trade Count: (+92)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • mostly papercrafting
    • View Profile
    • Netroids
« Reply #6 on: October 02, 2014, 10:09:23 AM »
I'd say Mane 6 with normal (no "bangs"/forelocks) hair are probably near retail MIB.   But the non mane 6, Blossomforth, Plumsweet, etc are worth more, it's just a question of how much more that I'm not sure.  Did you check ebay using the at "Sold Items" filters to see what's there?

Offline prancingstag

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 02, 2014, 03:06:19 PM »
Ponies that have been released more than once typically hold less value. On your list this includes the mane six, Cheerilee, Lily Blossom (especially as it's the current bagged version), Dewdrop Dazzle, Lyra Heartstrings and Trixie Lulamoon.

You may get a touch more for the ponies with the bangs, as they were very early releases that haven't been repeated. You didn't state either way so I'm assuming your Cheerilee doesn't have bangs?

Original characters that haven't been rereleased and should hold a higher value include Cupcake, Lulu Luck, Blossomforth, Plumsweet, Honeybuzz, Snowcatcher, Twinkleshine, Flitterheart, Feathermay, Cherry Pie, Diamond Rose (the regular version is arguably more desirable than the glimmer wings rerelease), Cherry Berry and Sunny Rays. I think these last two were plentiful and easier to find in their time, though, so they may be on the lower end.

I can't help you out with exact dollar values but I would encourage you to keep the ones that you like, as most of them are the rarer characters. You never know how much you would have to spend in the future to rebuild a collection of them, better to keep minty examples for as long as you love them! :)

Offline Spectrum

• Trade Count: (+32)
  • Scribbles Pony
  • no bass in the jazz room
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 02, 2014, 03:59:39 PM »
Can't help you on price, but I'd be interested in Plumsweet, Zecora, and Lulu Luck.  :)

Offline Thunderwing

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+171)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
    • http://www.geocities.com/springwater_valley/home.html
« Reply #9 on: October 02, 2014, 04:32:31 PM »
I just paid $15 for a Snowcatcher, and was very happy to get her at that price.  ^.^  Mine is MIB, she'll go for less if deboxed.  I would expect other ponies that were harder to find when in stores to go for around the same price. Cupcake, Lulu Luck, Blossomforth, Plumsweet, Honeybuzz, Snowcatcher, Twinkleshine, Flitterheart, Feathermay, Cherry Pie, Diamond Rose, Cherry Berry and Sunny Rays. 

The Mane Six are worth retail, except for a few of them, but I'm not sure which ones. Ebay'd be your best bet to check.

Zecora MIB is running around $25-35, not sure about a deboxed one though.

Offline Rachel-Eyes

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 03, 2014, 02:25:01 PM »
Thanks so much for your help all! I've finally got my sales thread launched, and MidnightMocha and Spectrum have been PMed.

:frolic:

Offline partypony566

• Trade Count: (+197)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • Just because
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 03, 2014, 02:44:28 PM »
Wishing you the very best with your sales :) Looks like you've got some good ponies there!
Thanks to SDS for my siggy and avi :heart:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

please check out my Etsy shop Dollyhousevintage :heart:

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 04, 2014, 03:23:35 PM »
I think you would potentially under price yourself at $6 per pony (unless on the mane 6).

As others have mentioned seldom is someone going to want to buy by wave, so you should certainly keep your favourites without worrying about it.

Wave 1:
Applejack (no bangs, discovered a crease in the back) - $5
Rainbow Dash (with bangs) - $8-10
Twilight Sparkle (with bangs) - $8-10
Pinkie Pie - $3
Fluttershy - $5
Rarity -$5

Wave 2:
Cheerilee - $8
(Easter Lily Blossom acting as a placeholder) - this is the basic bagged one? $3

Wave 3:
Cupcake - $14-15
Lulu Luck - $15-16
Dewdrop Dazzle (might keep, might unbox) - $12
Blossomforth (might keep, might unbox) - $15-16

Wave 4:
Feathermay - $20-22
Plumsweet - $16-18
Twinkleshine - $10-12
Flitterheart (might keep, might unbox) - $18
Snowcatcher (might keep, might unbox)- $15
Honeybuzz (might keep, might unbox) - $16-18

Wave 6:
Cherry Pie (missing disc) - $12
Diamond Rose (with disc) - $20-22

Wave 8:
Lyra Heartstrings - $6-8
Trixie Lulamoon - $6-8
Cherry Berry - $6-8
Sunny Rays (might keep, might unbox) - $6-8

Other things:
Zecora - $20-25
Early Applejack Blind Bag (like this one- http://mylittlewiki.org/wiki/File:G4PVApplejackMOC.jpg) - $1
Bubble Bath Set (like this- http://i.imgur.com/yo2W0.jpg) - retail
Twilight Sparkle's Great Smiles Set (like this http://i.walmartimages.com/i/p/00/69/22/37/05/0069223705895_500X500.jpg) - retail
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal