collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: 2015 MLP Fair Date and Location Announcement!  (Read 3157 times)

Offline babylicketysplit

• Bionic Spine Pony
  • Trade Count: (+49)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • In Spite of your Fear, Do what You have to Do
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
Re: 2015 MLP Fair Date and Location Announcement!
« Reply #15 on: October 01, 2014, 09:30:18 AM »
OMG FINALLY CHICAGO!  i am so going to this one   i am always in chicago :)  and its only a 3 hour drive for me
Check out my  Esty Shop  and MyEbay Sales!
 (Profits are going to help pay for my Rescue Horse's medical bills) <3
http://myworld.ebay.com/baby_licketysplit
http://www.etsy.com/shop/PoniesAndPets

Offline Rainbowrific Renia

• A Pony Lost in the Stars
  • Trade Count: (+40)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Crazy ferret lady!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 01, 2014, 09:32:51 AM »
I'm assuming it will be in the 'burbs. Chicago isn't THAT bad crime-wise. Venues/Hotels are much cheaper in the 'burbs, plus it should be near O'Hare for those who are traveling by plane. I'm assuming they only say Chicago because it's a more recognizable city than say Schaumburg.
That makes sense.  Sorta like how I tell people I live in Pittsburgh even though I live in a town that's about 8 miles outside of the city.
 :nod:

My biggest issue with Chicago was the traffic. I've seriously never experienced traffic like that in my life, oh my goodness.  At all hours of the day, too!  Sheesh!
Instagram / Want List

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Bow Tie

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Lady in Blue
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 01, 2014, 10:28:07 AM »
I'm assuming it will be in the 'burbs. Chicago isn't THAT bad crime-wise. Venues/Hotels are much cheaper in the 'burbs, plus it should be near O'Hare for those who are traveling by plane. I'm assuming they only say Chicago because it's a more recognizable city than say Schaumburg.
That makes sense.  Sorta like how I tell people I live in Pittsburgh even though I live in a town that's about 8 miles outside of the city.
 :nod:

My biggest issue with Chicago was the traffic. I've seriously never experienced traffic like that in my life, oh my goodness.  At all hours of the day, too!  Sheesh!
That's pretty much what I do too. I live in the NW 'burbs of Chicago, but I just say Chicago because how many people who don't live there will know what town I'm talking about? XD

Oh my gosh. Chicago traffic is absolutely wretched! I have only driven in the city once and that was to pick up a case of beer from my family's grocery store that was special ordered for my fiance. He could barely drive due to crashing his motorcycle a few days earlier so I drove for him. NEVER AGAIN!
-Bow Tie

Thank you Lord Blumiere and Nence for my adorable adopts! :heart:

Offline kakenterprise

• Trade Count: (+65)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 01, 2014, 10:31:11 AM »
hmm its pretty close.  I might have to plan a trip!!

• Rapunzel Pony
  • Crazy ferret lady!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 01, 2014, 10:39:57 AM »
That's pretty much what I do too. I live in the NW 'burbs of Chicago, but I just say Chicago because how many people who don't live there will know what town I'm talking about? XD

Oh my gosh. Chicago traffic is absolutely wretched! I have only driven in the city once and that was to pick up a case of beer from my family's grocery store that was special ordered for my fiance. He could barely drive due to crashing his motorcycle a few days earlier so I drove for him. NEVER AGAIN!
All my life I've said "I'm from a little town outside of Pittsburgh" and now that I live even closer to the city, I still just say Pittsburgh.  It's a whole lot easier that way, haha!

We drove to Chicago two years ago and while we didn't drive AT ALL during our two week stay (we walked everywhere since we were downtown), just witnessing the traffic was enough to give me headaches.

Oh wait, I lied.  We drove to Navy Pier one evening... yeah, that was terrible.  :blink:  I'm looking forward to the fair though!  My fiance and I have been wanting to get back to Chicago.  I'll let him know the great news after work today.
Instagram / Want List

Offline MoondancerMilkyWay

• Trade Count: (+20)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • you've got to pony while the pony is pony!
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 01, 2014, 10:55:43 AM »
And the planning begins
~I've got a fever, and the only prescription is more ponies! I gotta have more ponies!~
"I'm not going to buy every Malibu Stacy with a hat"  - ponyqueen

Offline Wysteria

• MOC Crazy!
  • Trade Count: (+118)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Katz Pony Shop
    • View Profile
    • http://www.katzponyshop.ecrater.com/
« Reply #21 on: October 01, 2014, 11:37:47 AM »
I'm in the Northwest burbs too, so excited! My poor old van would be jumping for joy too if it could lol. This might cancel our trip to breyerfest because we want to book a cruise too next year but I wouldn't miss this when its in my back yard:D Plus its on my bday:D And I can finally bring my 3 pony crazy nieces. I can't wait to surprise them:D

Offline lunar_scythe

• factory error Blue Belle
  • Gold Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+84)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 01, 2014, 12:14:14 PM »
looks like there are a LOT of things in Chicago that weekend, including summerfest!
My Army of Bluebelles (New pic coming sooner or later)

Offline ashlyne

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+170)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 01, 2014, 12:24:22 PM »
All I have to say is GIORDANO'S !!!!!!!   :dribble:   

I've been visiting Chicago 2-3 times a year for the past ... oh... over 10 years.   We go for conventions (work and fun) and have done both the bigger downtown conventions and suburb conventions and both have their perks.  I'll be happy in either location.   It's more exciting downtown, but traffic and parking are issues.   The suburbs are much easier and cheaper to get around, but if you want to see the downtown sights, what looks like a short 15 minute drive can be more like an hour due to traffic.   Just be prepared for that and work it into your schedule and you'll be fine :)   If you're driving, parking downtown is very limited and might be frustrating. Just be sure to park in designated areas (they ticket cars frequently) and pay the parking meters nearby. 

As far as safety goes, I've never run into any crime there personally. Just be smart, travel in groups, preferably during daylight, etc.   There are typically homeless people sitting on the streets downtown, but I've never seen any bother anyone.

Chicago is a lot of fun with lots to do, so I'm really excited that the Fair is there!  And I think we'll get to see a lot of international collectors, since it's a pretty big airport hub.    And I think the timing is great!   June works out so much better for me, and better chance for not as hot temperatures!

« Last Edit: October 01, 2014, 12:26:20 PM by ashlyne »

Offline Kazzellin

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 01, 2014, 12:54:01 PM »
WOO-HOO! The planning shall commence shortly! :D

I found out about this two minutes before finishing work. So I spent those two minutes submitting my holiday request :D

You can request the time off already? O_o I have to wait until the convention is 90 days away, and hope no-one else has already beat me to it from my department. :P
My creativity keeps running into a lack of time and resources.  :cry:
I'm also available via twitter at @Kazzellin :)

So many projects!! What do I want to work on? :awake:

• Rapunzel Pony
  • Crazy ferret lady!
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 01, 2014, 01:48:23 PM »
All I have to say is GIORDANO'S !!!!!!!   :dribble:   
YEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSS!!!  :frolic:
Instagram / Want List

Offline achab1984

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+222)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • Ponies make me smile! <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 01, 2014, 02:11:44 PM »
I don't think that I will be able to make it this year also. Have to work that weekend :(

Offline STLGusty

• Hockey Pony
  • Trade Count: (+23)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 01, 2014, 03:49:30 PM »
Ah...my arch nemisis city... Guess I'll have another wonderful opportunity to wear my St. Louis gear to the fair again next year, lol!

As far as I know, I should be there!  It's actually in the same state as me...amazing!  I mean, I'm closer to the cornfield part of Illinois than Chicago, but I'll take it (about 4.5 hours away - that's so close aah!).

Every conference I've been to or heard of that I could have potentially gone to in "Chicago" has been at Pheasant Run Resort in St. Charles (outside of Chicago).  I'll die laughing if that's where this is, too :) 

Anyway you slice it...YAY!!

Offline Corona

• Eohippus Pony
  • Trade Count: (+33)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Japanifornia Attorney Spokespony
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 01, 2014, 04:51:56 PM »
I'll have to try extra hard to save with that con being so close to Anime Expo. There's museums on my bucket list in Chicago so I gotta try and make this one!

Duster reference]

Offline DazzleKitty

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+93)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 01, 2014, 04:55:22 PM »
OMG YES!!!!!! I know I will be able to go to this one. It's just a short train ride away. My mom even said she'd go this time.
My Wishlist
3DS FC: 5284-1682-0844

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal