collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: What would be your ultimate thrift store find?  (Read 4995 times)

Offline SeashellnBubbles

• Trade Count: (+170)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Tears are the last refuge of the damned
    • View Profile
Re: What would be your ultimate thrift store find?
« Reply #45 on: October 13, 2014, 10:35:20 PM »
Not a thrift but I got a slightly nibbled Mimic BIN for $9m99 Canadian off eBay...also scored a MPP for $5 (auction ended waaaay low! And a hidden Macau Cotton Candy for $3 USD...the seller said he had another cotton candy he's sell me and i was like, Ok, expecting it to just be a normal as this one was supposed to be (I thought it was a normal Peachy) and it turned out to be Palomino Macau CC!!
I've found 2 FS Applejacks in the thrifts as well as some Jem dolls, but I think my best thrift buy pony-wise would be a mint TE Party Time with pink streak and NO regrind or a Greek Ladybird (yeah, right). Non-pony would be a bag full of Ever After High first rleases and the clothing from the Legacy Day line!

Offline Princess-Sparkles

• Princess pony from Aus
  • Trade Count: (+41)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Mimic expert. ;)
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: October 14, 2014, 12:41:27 AM »
I know it won't happen,  but I'd love a factory mimic.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
Thank you SDS for my Princess Sparke avatar and thank you Shenanigans for my signature. ^_^
~My want list

Wanted: Baby Cotton Candy and Bowties with bad hair and hair cuts. :)

Offline sweetapple

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Brush N Grow Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: October 15, 2014, 07:39:18 AM »
I would love to find a good handful of G2 Littlest Pet Shops.. particular molds such as spaniels and collies. The prices on Ebay for those molds have risen so high it's rather scary x( I don't understand if it's because of that youtube show or just cause they're discontinued and people suddenly want to collect them.

Despite the hundreds of different lps released over the last 10 years, I rarely ever find them in op-shops!

Offline Mirnyj

• Siamese PurrPony
  • Trade Count: (+38)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • A house is not a home without a siamese cat
    • View Profile
    • My Blog (in finnish)
« Reply #48 on: October 15, 2014, 09:13:32 AM »
Paradise Estate. Hands down.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

instagram ~ facebook ~ online store

Offline Radiance

• Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+35)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: October 15, 2014, 01:27:19 PM »
My dream Pony find would be Red Roses in minty condition! I've found G1 Brightglow, Baby Beach Ball, and G4 FS Applejack as well as a ton of G3 ponies.

My dream non pony thrift/ yardsale find would be a Kenner Blythe doll :)
http://mlparena.com/index.php?topic=366243.new#new

my want list, looking for unicorns!

Offline nessy_86

• Trade Count: (+93)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: October 16, 2014, 05:24:03 AM »
I found a MOC Star Dancer this past weekend at the thrift store... for $2.99. In her bag with her was a MOC(ish) Kowl from She-Ra :) Best thrift store day ever! There is a brag over in the brag arena if anyone wants to see pics. Best part is that Star Dancer is my army pony!

Offline little.fox

• Trade Count: (+84)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • The Little Red Fox
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: October 16, 2014, 10:04:25 AM »
My ultimate thrift find would be a vintage/antique piece of fine jewellery. Like a strand of black pearls or a nice platinum Art Deco ring. One can dream, right?

As for ponies it would have to be MIB Sweet Clover or spanish Sweet Tooth.

Offline daffodil101

• Trade Count: (+17)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: October 17, 2014, 05:09:04 PM »
We used to have heaps of flea markets where I live, used to get up early on Sunday morning with my mum and sisters and go pony-hunting.  One of my best memories was racing around trying to find the most ponies!  They were always held in the car parks of shopping centres.  Then they introduced Sunday trading and all the markets disappeared.  Now they only way I can find ponies is over ebay.  It's such a shame.  Thrift shops here are mostly just clothing or crappy furniture and homewares, not much in the way of toys.  Jealous of other countries where they seem to still have lots of markets and good thrift shops! 

Offline Haruna

• Ninja Pony
  • Trade Count: (+64)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Many thanks to Nence for my beautiful avatar!
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: October 17, 2014, 07:44:43 PM »
i've had dreams like you guys were mentioning, too haha. i'll be at some kind of thrift-type store and suddenly be overwhelmed with so many pony finds i can't carry them all and then worry about how i'll pay for them  :drunk:
I had a dream like that the other night before going to the flea market. In my dream I found tons of ponies and a Tornado! :lol: My actual flea market adventures weren't as exciting.

I would love to find TAF Baby Sweet Tooth, Baby Up, Up, and Away, or Baby Milky Way at a thrift store or flea market or something. That would be awesome! I found a Baby Milky Way in a Craigslist ad once, but the lady wouldn't ship her to me (which is fine, totally her choice to do what she wants, but she's the first Craigslist person who didn't just say no and was actually a little rude to me). But someday I will find them! *shakes fist in the air*

thegingerspicepony

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #54 on: October 17, 2014, 08:53:20 PM »
For me it's not thrift store ( although I have found some great stuff) I would be over joyed to go into a attic some wear and fined a box of g1 ponies I horrible condition ( I am more of a pony cleaner ) but I have yet to fined a place like that  :cry:

Thanks~Ginger 

Sprinklecupcake

« Reply #55 on: October 20, 2014, 12:58:01 AM »
G1 Mimic or a Disney doll I had when I was a child that I no longer own.

No- wait. My dream wedding dress. OMG yes. Although im married, I didnt get to have a wedding. Ive been slowly saving though! Where I live theres a ton of wealthy people marry and divorce like crazy and our thrift stores always seem to have them under $80 or so.  I want a white sleevless dress in a size 6.

Moonracer

« Reply #56 on: October 20, 2014, 06:29:14 AM »
Any pony I still don't have would be good.

Recently, I've been having this dream about going to a thrift store and finding a giant bag of G1 ponies - whenever I wake up from it, it makes me so sad to realise it was all just a dream. :(

Offline ReneesUnicorn

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Dance N' Prance Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: October 22, 2014, 08:54:36 PM »
Well, for me, I don't really have any thrift stores where I am but there is a place that people rent lockers and put their things up for sale (most aren't vintage) but I found a German Skydancer there (but she had cancer spots all over :( but her mane and tail are AMAZING!). I also found German Baby Playtime (Baby Wurfulchen or something like that  :lol: ). I did find a vintage store (not really a thrift store) and found a G3 MIB Toboggan :)
Looking for Takara ponies (Pinky)! :enthralled: :cold:

Follow me on instagram! @DisneyWhimsy  :socks:

Sprinklecupcake

« Reply #58 on: October 22, 2014, 11:44:58 PM »
ACK! So I found this beautiful wedding dress todag for $29, buuut it was a size 12! It looks like Princess Ariel's wedding dress, and im a tLM fan so it would have been perfect!!

Offline SeashellnBubbles

• Trade Count: (+170)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Tears are the last refuge of the damned
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: October 23, 2014, 10:19:38 AM »
ACK! So I found this beautiful wedding dress todag for $29, buuut it was a size 12! It looks like Princess Ariel's wedding dress, and im a tLM fan so it would have been perfect!!

Totally buy it and have it done up by a tailor! It'll cost a little more, but even if it costs $200 it's a steal and a half...or eat lots of chocolate until it fits :rofl:

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal