collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Any people who got other OC's beside Pony OC's?  (Read 3221 times)

Offline Katika

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Any people who got other OC's beside Pony OC's?
« Reply #15 on: October 03, 2014, 07:37:12 AM »
lol, I'm another writer and my current series is going on nine books long, so I have a collection of OCs that I know quite well.  The story is set in a fantasy world that was torn apart when the four elemental gods went to war with each other.  Their battling (via divine energy) ended up tearing apart the land mass which gave rise to the continents, but also warping and twisting the mortals near those rifts into demons.  Over time, one hero (Mathias Sagewind) is chosen by the mother goddess to try to pull the world back into balance and the stories pretty much follow him, his sister (Julianna), and the woman that he eventually falls in love with (Nessix tel'Aredhel) through the struggles of trying to get the world back on track.  I've been working on these stories since 2004, so I have a pretty hefty cast so far :)

I also do a bit of RP when I can find a group that I get along with (I'm SUPER picky about my gaming groups) and have a Halfling (technically, she's a kender, but I don't know how well known DragonLance is here on the forums, and I have to find a DM that's willing to bend some rules to allow for her fearlessness and superior kleptomania) named Mirabeth that is pretty much the only character I play.  I love this girl to absolute pieces :)

My very first OC, however, and the one that I think I'll never get away from is actually my screen name, Katika.  She is/was a character that I created back in junior high for an epically huge (and super embarrassing, now that I'm grown ;) ) pseudo-self-insertion DBZ fanfic. 

I'd love to get pictures of all of my characters some day, but I'm terrible at drawing  :blush:

Offline Attercop

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • Brush N Grow Pony
    • View Profile
    • ~Art~
« Reply #16 on: October 03, 2014, 07:53:26 AM »
Oh lord yes! I have always had OC's (I also had a DBZ one). My oldest and still active OC, the one that started it all, is my Digimon girl.
This is her with her Damakamon.

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

I don't do much work on fan fics or fan art anymore but I have been designing up video games based on things I used to RP. After I get a couple indie games under my belt I'll be starting my own company and might try and get the rights to do a Digimon RPG.
~Originally Soull~

Offline Griffin

• Staff
  • Trade Count: (+89)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • aka Haawan | she/her
    • View Profile
    • Haawan Pony Customs
« Reply #17 on: October 03, 2014, 12:01:07 PM »
I have some. :) They don't serve any specific purpose though, I don't RP or write stories (anymore). My oldest characters were created for short stories I wrote as a teenager but I have more or less abandoned all of them since. These newer OCs never appeared in any piece of writing. I have thought of some personality traits and background details for them but that's about it, they pretty much just exist in my head and I draw them every now and then.

Ferdinand was "born" in 2005. He started out as a random drawing but I liked him so much I wanted to give him a name and draw him again.

Spoiler
His first appearance on the left, compared to the most recent drawing from August this year:

Pretty soon Ferdie was followed by two other characters, William (human) and Reel (of the same race/species/whatever as Ferdie). Reel is Ferdinand's cousin and Will is their friend. I don't have proper pictures of Will in full colour and I really should draw updated pictures of him, as well as the others. Will has black hair with white stripes on each side of the head. At the moment I'm thinking about giving him short hair as it gets rather boring with all of them having long hair... :P The newest characters in the lot are Reel's older brother Rayne and his (Rayne's) girlfriend Amber. She's a human like Will. Those 2009 pictures are the most recent I have... my characters clearly don't get enough love, lol. They are handy whenever I want to practice drawing people, though! I mostly stick to animals, ponies and fantasy creatures.

Spoiler

My latest one is a non-humanoid character that I created just for fun. Her name is Maika and she's a Tawny owl / Birman cat griffin. My favourite owl combined with my favourite cat breed. :) 

Gryphons deco by Haawan, on Flickr

deviantART | Haawan Pony Customs | Aithne reference
Avatar by FizzyScrumptious, signature by tailrustedtealeaf - thank you ♥

Offline True

• Eartha Uncorn
  • Trade Count: (+98)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Unicorn of the earth
    • View Profile
    • Truly Customs
« Reply #18 on: October 03, 2014, 02:47:23 PM »
I used to have a ton, and I guess I still do have hundreds of "characters" but I don't count them since they're just for writing lol.

Now there are only two I count, three if we count my pony oc, but they don't really leave the arena.

This one iv had the longest, I dont really consider myself a furry, but I do like drawing them xD
Spoiler

And my human oc "Ithe," hes some kinda wizard/alchemist, space/time traveler from some distant planet. xD
Spoiler
Im terrible at drawing humans, so Iv never gotten around to finishing a real ref for him, I always get hung up on the details of his outfit. -_- He also usually travels in the company of huge stone gollems, as well as a fox squirrel, if you watch older ghibli films youll recognize them lol.

anyway this drawing is obviously not my own art, but its my favorite. :D
« Last Edit: October 03, 2014, 02:49:24 PM by True »
:heart: My Sales Thread :heart:
Toola Roola Avatar by Pikashoes!

Offline DreamLight

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Rainbow Curl Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 07, 2014, 06:33:47 AM »
I'm a writer so I have a ton but my few active ones right now are

F.M. Aka frequency mimic a Victorian robot who's been rebooted in the modern age. He's very childish and was programmed to be a party entertainer so he can mimic any song using radio waves. He's a fan character for the band steam powered giraffe.

There is J the warlock. He's a modern warlock living in new york. He likes bagels have blue jay wing that are to small to fly with and sells his talent for a living.

Then there are my ocs attached to stories.
 So first up well girl and monster boy.

Well girl was a normal girl until at a young age she fell down a well and now she can see the sprits of the forest. Who become her friends. Well girl befriends monster boy and takes him on adventures to feed his interest in the human world.

Monster boy is a cyclops boy who is friends with the human well girl. He is learning abou the human world from her.

Then there is the story of toki Doki love eats
 Which started out a a joke between my friend and I in art class about food puns and anime stereotypes.

So first there is Taco who has long legs blond hair and freckles. She is the tough guy in charge at school but also a champion of the weak. Her best friend is Carrot and she's dating Toast.

Carrot is non binary but prefers female pronouns she's a tall red head who loves motorcycles. She really intimating and is usually seen as Taco's muscle but she has a sweet spot for her girl Cake.

Toast is a new student from France who is a sweet gentle artist. She at first really scared when the girl she thinks is the school bully takes interest in her. Her best friend is Cake.

Cake is a chubby pastel goth girl who loves everyone. She very excitable she had adhd so most people have trouble keeping up with the way her mind seems to work. She also feels her emotions to the extreme.

These are of course all short overviews I don't want to over do it describing every detail about everyone.

Offline Saphraira

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Sweet Kisses Pony
  • Shoo be doo
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 07, 2014, 10:14:08 AM »
I have SO many.. Most of them are atchually Fcs though.

Nightmare before christmas Fc

Scp Fc
Dnd charter
Spoiler

Looking for Surprise twins mommy

Offline LadySiha

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • Target Exclusive Winter Pony
  • I'll meet you across the sea...
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 08, 2014, 08:55:18 AM »
Does my Destiny character count?  I sort of have head-cannon for her and am even tempted to write it down....

Here's a chibi sketch I did, she's the one with the hood and I call her Kitty.  The one with the mohawk is my boyfriend's Destiny character and I started calling her Bunny:

And the drawing of Kitty that boyfriend is working on that seems pretty accurate to what her personality would be:

I've also had a few role-playing characters that acquired very in depth back stories and histories, but it's been a few years....

Offline starrypawz

• Trade Count: (+20)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
  • Nothing is True, Everything is Permitted
    • View Profile
    • http://starrypawz.deviantart.com
« Reply #22 on: October 10, 2014, 12:12:31 PM »
Quite a few, I've been creating characters since I was like 11  and it started with Neopets and I got into rping then I got into trying to make my own stories 'properly' although in the last couple of years the ones I've really focused the most on are the ones that stem from me playing SWTOR I have 15 'in game' characters and a few others that aren't in game because it was like 'Well what happens when this character of mine and their in game LI have a kid?'

And also I've got a couple of characters from Skyrim I fleshed out into 'OCs' and I keep meaning to work on making fic for one of them, and my Dragon Age characters and so on

But yeah I have a fair few kicking around, need to give them all some attention

If you ever see a NARU starrypawz on Ebay it is in no way connected with me! Ebay handle is stella_lupus

Offline Sora

• Pokémon Master
  • Trade Count: (+17)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 10, 2014, 05:42:34 PM »
I have a several, and I'm hoping to write a full novel about them for NaNoWriMo this year.

At least one of them is far too one dimensional/predictable right now though. I need to flesh him out a little.

Aqua Heart custom by Kitkumi!

Offline Corona

• Eohippus Pony
  • Trade Count: (+33)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Japanifornia Attorney Spokespony
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 10, 2014, 08:01:23 PM »
I have tons since I'm an avid tabletop roleplayer. I'll just cover my mains and favorites.

Matcha Thylacine: My fursona, a white thylacine with an orange blotch on her head like a koi. She loves tea, the sound of water, and hot springs. She can walk on water and breathe underwater as well. Pretty much identical to Duster in personality with boldness toned down. Social introvert.

Sydney: Another thylacine and my player character for Promethean. The last thylacine reanimated and seeking to become mortal. Cold, detached, logical, and aloof. Comes off as arrogant. Socially exclusive introvert.

Micah Leeds: The Jersey Devil for a Changeling: The Lost game. Clingy, needy, naive, very child-like. Adores his True Fae captor as a father figure because his mother thought he was literally the child of the devil and his father hated his life and his 13 kids. Micah's backstory follows the original Devil lore very closely, when it comes to accuracy I am neurotic. Social extrovert.

Duster reference]

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal