collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Vegan Halloween Recipes?  (Read 334 times)

Offline Dreamer

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
Vegan Halloween Recipes?
« on: September 30, 2014, 09:17:47 AM »
Sooo I have a friend who decided to go vegan, and I'm helping her making a collection of vegan recipes so she can learn to cook with those. But Halloween is coming, and I'd like to offer here some special recipes... unfortunately, most Halloween recipes involve meat, eggs or milk, and I'm running out of ideas. Has somebody tried to make a vegan Halloween? Can you share other vegan recipes, please? My friend and me will thank you :)

Offline shimmlight

• Saviour of all Cowkind
  • Trade Count: (+16)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Moo.
    • View Profile
Re: Vegan Halloween Recipes?
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2014, 10:48:17 AM »
I'm a vegetarian/vegan, what kind of recipes are you looking for? Sweet or savoury?
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

:rainbow: Wantlist :rainbow: eBay Listings :rainbow: Arena Sales :rainbow:

Offline Dreamer

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2014, 11:20:49 AM »
I'm a vegetarian/vegan, what kind of recipes are you looking for? Sweet or savoury?

I don't mind about it! Finding vegan recipes is so hard that I won't put more 'rules' lol

Offline kaoskat

• Trade Count: (+224)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • Happy & Odd OT & Customs Mod
    • View Profile
    • kaoskat's Customs FB page
« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2014, 01:37:36 PM »
I.......I have no idea........But I know we have alot of vegans around so I'm sure you'll get some great ones!

kaoskat's Customs FB Page, please like!Commissions open & custom trades OPEN!
kaoskat's Sales :hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster:

Offline SourdoughStomper

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+66)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • grain free and pain free
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2014, 03:42:05 PM »
Would this recipe work? http://paleoparents.com/featured/breakfast-butternut-squash/

It's paleo, but you can substitute coconut oil for the lard/butter. I have this stuff for breakfast every morning. :) I'm not sure how "Halloween" it is, but it's quite autumn-ish.
 Credit to Shaiyeh for avatar.

Offline ooizza

• Trade Count: (+82)
  • Rainbow Curl Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 30, 2014, 04:04:01 PM »
If you are looking for Halloween themed recipes (desserts usually), I found this list of top 10 vegan Halloween recipes: http://www.theveganwoman.com/top-10-vegan-halloween-recipes-and-treats/

I haven't tried any of them, so they may be unnecessarily complicated and have lots of strange ingredients. If your friend wants to try some but doesn't want to buy a large, expensive bag of x ingredient, I suggest going to a bulk store so you can buy only how much you need for a recipe and decide if you want to keep using that ingredient. A lot of vegan baking can be simple and just as easy as regular baking.

If these look too complicated, I would just search Google for easy vegan Halloween recipes :)  I would offer some that I have made myself but I don't really get too into Halloween and I only bake when forced for family birthdays :D If you'd like, I have an excellent recipe for vegan chocolate cupcakes which is super easy but not very Halloween related.

Offline Dreamer

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 01, 2014, 04:46:08 AM »
Thank you everybody for the suggestions! Because my friend is starting cooking, I prefer to prepare the recipes before so I can give her tips in case she needs them :) I'll tell the results!

If you'd like, I have an excellent recipe for vegan chocolate cupcakes which is super easy but not very Halloween related.

I'd LOVE a vegan cupcake recipe! Don't worry if it isn't Halloween related, soon or later I'll halloween-fy everything  :devious:

Offline melodys_angel

• Trade Count: (+21)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 01, 2014, 10:21:09 AM »
Could you not sub milk for soy or rice milk?  Soy butter exists too.

I have a way more restricted diet then anyone that chooses it..only mine is medical.  There are usually other options, especially with milk products and flours.  Just look around.

TY to the respective artists for my Destiny art :)  YAY MA finally managed to re-upload her stuff!

Offline ooizza

• Trade Count: (+82)
  • Rainbow Curl Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 02, 2014, 11:54:35 PM »
I'd LOVE a vegan cupcake recipe! Don't worry if it isn't Halloween related, soon or later I'll halloween-fy everything  :devious:

I will post the recipe for you here if I have a moment this weekend :)

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal