collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Ebay won't let me pay for my item--RESOLVED  (Read 1259 times)

Offline Raindrop

• Trade Count: (+299)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
Ebay won't let me pay for my item--RESOLVED
« on: September 24, 2014, 02:57:41 PM »
I was attempting to make a "Buy it Now" purchase from an international Ebay site.  The seller offered international shipping but did not list specific prices; I made a polite inquiry for the cost in my best attempt at the seller's language and received a response in English with the shipping costs.

I went ahead and committed to buy the item, but now it is stuck in my shopping cart and I can't pay; it has something to do with the fact that the seller's shipping option in the system doesn't apply to my U.S. address.  I can't remove the item from my cart, I can't request a shipping total, and I can't pay!

I contacted the seller right away when this first happened and requested that he/she enter in the shipping total so I could pay.  It has been several days and the seller has not responded.  Now the system is saying I can't pay because the seller entered free shipping (?), but of course my address isn't valid.  I sent another message trying to explain the problem but have not had a response.  I don't want to seem like an obnoxious and impatient foreigner, but I don't know if the seller understands the situation and realizes that I am not being allowed by the system to pay.

Should I wait a little longer to hear from the seller, or try to explain the situation again?
« Last Edit: October 01, 2014, 02:52:44 PM by Raindrop »

Offline Callista11

• Trade Count: (+37)
  • Big Brother Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Ebay won't let me pay for my item--Advice?
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2014, 05:15:40 PM »
Hi Raindrop,
I got stuck like this one time on ebay france.  :blush: I ended up calling ebay to help me pay. I did have to wait for ages on the phone, but I was able to pay, with the shipping amount the seller had quoted me. Perhaps you could try that? Sorry I don't have any better advice. I bet the seller is really mixed up too.
  :heart:
Octohug Avatar by the talented Thimble!

Offline ponylady

• Trade Count: (+34)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2014, 02:23:02 PM »
This is a long shot, but maybe you could ask the seller to manually generate a combined invoice through Paypal, and send it to you.  When you receive it, try paying from the PAY NOW link in the invoice.
:glitter:visitors can't see pics , please register or login
:glitter:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thanks LordBlumiere  :heart: for my Baby Believe!
I love Ohio Meat Pie

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2014, 03:21:08 PM »
I've had this happen several times before, its very frustrating. have you tried contacting ebay and letting them know? it could also be that if you don't have a paypal account then you can't buy because some buyers are very specific about what forms of payment they'll take. let the buyer know your having problems with the shopping cart and see if you can get ebay staff to help you figure out what's going on. Good luck
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline Raindrop

• Trade Count: (+299)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2014, 02:52:29 PM »
Thanks so much for your help!  An invoice did the trick!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal