collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Old G3 brochure about G3 movie  (Read 2899 times)

Offline LadyMoondancer

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+96)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • http://www.superpony.com
Old G3 brochure about G3 movie
« on: September 22, 2014, 12:30:20 PM »
Did anyone else ever get this brochure with a G3 pony?

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

It specifically refers to a movie to be "in theaters" (not a home-release video), which never happened.   I've always wondered what the heck it was about!

I also only ever got this brochure with one pony (don't remember which one), which is odd because I was buying almost every pony back in the day.
Visit my Tumblr, Heck Yeah, Pony Scans!

Offline Scraleos

• Trade Count: (+35)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Old G3 brochure about G3 movie
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2014, 12:31:43 PM »
I just saw this on tumblr! I wonder if it's referring to one of the straight to DVD movies, but it never made it to the cinema.

Trade | Wanted | Pony Plushies

Offline achab1984

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+222)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • Ponies make me smile! <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2014, 02:22:14 PM »
I don't think that I ever got that one. I love to look back at them older ones. It makes me remember when they first came out in the stores :)

Offline reanna-mator

• Trade Count: (+87)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Feminist novelist pony
    • View Profile
    • http://reannaking.deviantart.com
« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2014, 05:36:44 PM »
Wow, I never heard of this... really curious if it made it direct to VHS/DVD or if it just never happened at all.

Maybe the brochure fell out of an alternate universe where there was a theatrical G3 movie!
Breast cancer warrior.  :enraged: I'm now cancer free!

My Wishlist! Help me finish US G1! http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,386264.0.html

Offline Mermaid

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2014, 05:40:01 PM »
I got that one! I remember we had a discussion about it here on the arena. I can't remember what we concluded though!
Thanks to calico star for my avatar!

Offline sweetiebabyfizzy

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • I'm a My Little Pony Mommy, with a pony family...
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 22, 2014, 06:29:06 PM »
I guess they decided not to do it? I do remember seeing those too.

Offline goddessofpeep

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 22, 2014, 10:22:07 PM »
As I recall, one(possibly more) of the G3 videos did get a very limited theater release.  They were only at select theaters, and they were only on Saturday mornings.  Some theaters had a very early kid's showing on Saturday mornings.  The lineup of things they showed would change every week.  I think they even had a showing of the MLP Live show once.  The MLP offerings were NOT feature length, so it wasn't exactly a full movie.  It was a nationwide thing, but very few theaters participated.  My local theater actually did participate in these, but I never went.  I already owned all the videos at the time, and I didn't need to get up at the crack of dawn to go to a theater packed with over excited 3 year old children:p

Oh, and I have a stack of those inserts.  I was buying all the ponies the second they hit stores, so I'm guessing these inserts came with the *very* first set of ponies released, possibly the first round of stock as well.  I'm only guessing, but that could possibly explain why some people who bought all the ponies ended up with so few inserts. 
« Last Edit: September 22, 2014, 10:25:46 PM by goddessofpeep »

Offline Lancer

• Trade Count: (+164)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
    • Diary of a Daydreamer
« Reply #7 on: September 23, 2014, 02:23:42 PM »
I seem to remember somebody posted some authentic notes/sketches about this movie.  It had something to do with Baby Pink Sunsparkle and the Celebration Castle and was meant to be a full length movie, but my brain isn't working properly.  I'm not sure if it was even here at the Arena or elsewhere on the internet but it definitely wasn't one of the direct to video/DVD specials, it was a proper movie that never came to be.

I also remember seeing these leaflets online at the time (I never found one myself in any of my UK-packaged ponies!) and writing my own movie which was far more interesting than anything Hasbro would have come up with anyway, if I must say so myself. :P  I wonder if I still have the script I wrote?  I remember it featured both G1 and G3 ponies (who accessed each other's worlds by way of a bridge) and the ponies had to work together to defeat an evil Black Pony of Darkness who wanted to enslave them all and become the ruler of both worlds, renaming the entire empire as Nightmare Land...

Yes, I was a strange 12-year-old! :P

Offline MintyMyndi

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Colorswirl Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 23, 2014, 03:10:21 PM »
Ooooh, I wanna see them! It's a shame this was never released (although this generation was never really stimulating) and I would have loved to see baby Pink Sunsparkle (who named her? Lol) in action.
Here's my ACNH creator code. I thought I might share it, since I have quite a few pony designs.
MA-2882-9995-3504

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 23, 2014, 04:52:07 PM »
Oh wow this is shaking off the cobwebs.

Originally there was supposed to be a full out movie released to cinemas to coincide with G3s release. We got announcements from Hasbro about it when they annouced the line. But it kept getting delayed and delayed - first Fall 03, then Spring 04 then Summer 04 and then it vanished and was never mentioned again.

So I have always assumed these leaflets were done to support the original intentions which then never came to fruition.
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline Foxtale

• Trade Count: (+20)
  • Reverse Gusty Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 23, 2014, 07:34:10 PM »
Oh wow this is shaking off the cobwebs.

Originally there was supposed to be a full out movie released to cinemas to coincide with G3s release. We got announcements from Hasbro about it when they annouced the line. But it kept getting delayed and delayed - first Fall 03, then Spring 04 then Summer 04 and then it vanished and was never mentioned again.

I recall this to be the case. I remember getting those little leaflets. Man its hard to believe that was so long ago already >.<
~Foxtale~

Offline Firehooves

• Trade Count: (0)
  • G1 is magic, FiM is tragic!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 26, 2014, 10:35:31 AM »
*facepalm* this would've been what would have been needed to make G3 a full series with real plots instead of little sugary sweet mini-episodes with no stories involved *sigh* the road not taken...

The firehooves family; Tornado, Twilight, Ember and Drummer
my G1/MLP Tales/G3/G4 fanfics-
http://www.fanfiction.net/u/3280710/FireHoof
My tumblr: http://tornadofirehoovesuniverse.tumblr.com/

Offline LadyMoondancer

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+96)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • http://www.superpony.com
« Reply #12 on: September 26, 2014, 01:31:35 PM »
Someone on Tumblr posted that the comany that was originally slated to make the movie went under.  Too bad!  I hope someday someone uncovers a full script of it or something.

Thanks for the info, Lancer, that's really interesting!  Poor Pink Sunsparkle, she never made it into any of the G3 direct-to-videos.
Visit my Tumblr, Heck Yeah, Pony Scans!

Offline Dreamer

• Trade Count: (0)
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 26, 2014, 01:43:01 PM »
I seem to remember somebody posted some authentic notes/sketches about this movie.  It had something to do with Baby Pink Sunsparkle and the Celebration Castle and was meant to be a full length movie, but my brain isn't working properly.  I'm not sure if it was even here at the Arena or elsewhere on the internet but it definitely wasn't one of the direct to video/DVD specials, it was a proper movie that never came to be.

I also remember seeing these leaflets online at the time (I never found one myself in any of my UK-packaged ponies!) and writing my own movie which was far more interesting than anything Hasbro would have come up with anyway, if I must say so myself. :P  I wonder if I still have the script I wrote?  I remember it featured both G1 and G3 ponies (who accessed each other's worlds by way of a bridge) and the ponies had to work together to defeat an evil Black Pony of Darkness who wanted to enslave them all and become the ruler of both worlds, renaming the entire empire as Nightmare Land...

Yes, I was a strange 12-year-old! :P

Ooooh, I'd love to read that script!

Offline Sky_Rocket_Sammie

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • "Rules of the road Sammy"-Dean Winchester
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 26, 2014, 02:03:35 PM »
Holy TBT (throwback Thursday) a day late. In one of the first releases of G3 ponies, I got that exact pamphlet. Think it was the 2 pack Star Swirl and Autumn Sky from TRU. And I remember being curious about it. Mostly because I remember being hauled along to the original G1 movie as a kid.

It would be fun to find out exactly what happened.

Avi by Gizmo & Sig by Moonbreeze

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal