collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Odd Ebay Encounter ~ Non-pony  (Read 954 times)

Offline Mkia

• Chihuahua Momma
  • Trade Count: (+57)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Flying zebra!
    • View Profile
Odd Ebay Encounter ~ Non-pony
« on: September 21, 2014, 03:35:17 PM »
So I won a lot of non-pony items on eBay last night. This morning...the seller shows up at my door and hands them to me. I previously realized that he was also located in Arizona, but I found it a little odd/creepy that he just showed up to my house. He didn't message to ask if it was okay or anything either. Plus, I paid $5 for shipping. I just found this really uncomfortable.

Has anyone else ever had an encounter like this? What would you do in regard to feedback? I'm happy enough with the items...just not so much the delivery I guess.

Offline ponycake

• Trade Count: (+14)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Odd Ebay Encounter ~ Non-pony
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2014, 03:37:41 PM »
Uh.... whoa. So much for privacy. What was he thinking?? :shocked:

I don't know what I'd do either. Probably look into telling Ebay or something, idk.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Check out my art thread here

WTB: US MIB Birthday Pony

Offline kakenterprise

• Trade Count: (+65)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2014, 04:04:17 PM »
I'd be really weirded out but you did get your items.
It was super unprofessional for him to just show up without asking.
I don't think it really matters that you paid for shipping as he spent gas going to your house (but that was not an okay move to just show up out of the blue)

Offline Ringlets

• Mrs. Chief
  • Trade Count: (+182)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Be yourself, dare to dream!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2014, 05:28:01 PM »
ok..yep that was weird :blink:  and TBH I wouldnt have liked it much either. I mean its good you got your items and you were happy with them, but to just show up at your house without even letting you know and asking permission first is a no-no. I think I would contact ebay and let them know your concerns - then see what they say. I ...cant think of any better advice at the moment :blush:  maybe I'll be thinking more clearly in the morning...

:heart: Wanted:heart:
:glitter: :heart: :glitter: CHIEF LOVES RINGLETS FOREVER :glitter: :heart: :glitter:

mlponygems

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2014, 01:00:01 AM »
That is seriously weird :o Be careful!

Offline ponylady

• Trade Count: (+34)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 22, 2014, 04:40:39 AM »
I can't say I have ever encountered anything like that  :blink:

I wish we didn't have to question everyone's intentions but unfortunately we do this day and age. I suppose he was just being nice and was perhaps in the area but he should have at least messaged you.  I know myself I would have been rather creeped out.

As far as feedback I am not sure what you could leave. I am also not sure that calling eBay is going to get you anywhere, as they do allow people to either delivery in person or arrange for a local pick-up. It's really not in the best interest of the seller in either situation because there is not record of the item actually being delivered. So he actually put himself out there by hand delivering your items. Seriously though I am at a loss on this one. 
:glitter:visitors can't see pics , please register or login
:glitter:

Thanks LordBlumiere  :heart: for my Baby Believe!
I love Ohio Meat Pie

Offline Stormness_1

• Pony Of Anarchy!
  • Trade Count: (+28)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • I'm not a magical unicorn, you know!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 22, 2014, 11:38:39 PM »
So glad I use a PO box! That would have definitely creeped me out! I actually had a buyer go a bit crazy on me once, I was working and my husband was home, but he doesn't like dealing with my ebay stuff in case he does it wrong, but we'd arranged 3pm pick-up, so I could get home and changed before they arrived. Anywho, they turned up at my house at 11am! I had a bunch of stuf I was selling, and hubby had no idea what was what, so he told them to come back at the arranged time - well she started screaming that she'd won it and that she was going to get it, and that was that.. but hubby isn't one to back down, and apparently there was a screaming match on the footpath! So I get home, hubby is furious, am I sure I said 3pm?! Of course, showed him the text message or email or whatever it was, and really wasn't expecting her to show up at 3, but she did, and seemed completely normal and nice! So weird!

Sig by Moonbreeze, avi by Sapphire Rain.

Offline bluerose9978

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+450)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://www.angelfire.com/oh5/bluerose9978/MLP
« Reply #7 on: September 23, 2014, 07:40:54 AM »
I can't say I have ever encountered anything like that  :blink:

I wish we didn't have to question everyone's intentions but unfortunately we do this day and age. I suppose he was just being nice and was perhaps in the area but he should have at least messaged you.  I know myself I would have been rather creeped out.

As far as feedback I am not sure what you could leave. I am also not sure that calling eBay is going to get you anywhere, as they do allow people to either delivery in person or arrange for a local pick-up. It's really not in the best interest of the seller in either situation because there is not record of the item actually being delivered. So he actually put himself out there by hand delivering your items. Seriously though I am at a loss on this one. 

I agree that if he was going to deliver it, he should have at least sent you a message asking if that would have been OK with you first. Creepy! I also agree that calling eBay is likely not going to get you anywhere since you're not being harassed or anything. I would, however, say something in his feedback about lack of communication...  :huh:

Offline Mkia

• Chihuahua Momma
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Flying zebra!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 23, 2014, 07:45:34 AM »
Hmm thanks for all the input!

Since he knows where I live...I'm not sure that I want to leave any feedback that could make him want to come back. I don't know this guy and it's possible that he could come back to my door if I said anything negative in my feedback.

I think I will just not leave feedback and call it a wash. I'm happy with the items, but the way he handled the delivery was inappropriate. So I think I'll just let it go.

Online lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 23, 2014, 05:30:33 PM »
Maybe leave feedback like, "Item as described & thanks for the home delivery! Unexpected surprise!" so that it still sounds positive and light-hearted but is honest.  :/
The Bad Trader List

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

Gloomygirl777

« Reply #10 on: September 23, 2014, 05:43:22 PM »
I don't know...that is incredibly inappropriate. :shocked: I don't think I would leave positive feedback. That would have really startled/upset me if that happened to me. But since he knows where you live I think I would just leave no feedback and hope he never returns!!

Offline Tap Dancer

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Dance 'n Prance with me! :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 24, 2014, 02:06:47 AM »
Maybe leave feedback like, "Item as described & thanks for the home delivery! Unexpected surprise!" so that it still sounds positive and light-hearted but is honest.  :/

But all that does is send the wrong message to him that what he did was appropriate. It's rude when people you know show up unannounced, but an online stranger? Scary!

If nothing else, maybe you could send him a message to explain how uncomfortable you felt when he just showed up. He should have asked you first if it was okay, and then set up a time if you agreed. Otherwise, he was supposed to mail your item.

Offline Gingerbread

• Gingerbread Junkie
  • Slaughterhouse II
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • TwinkleEyeTastic!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 24, 2014, 07:13:17 AM »
I've had this happen once before a few years ago, I won a couple of ponies and the seller jumped on a bus and hand delivered them. I didn't get the door, my boyf at the times' mother did. Not too worried as that woman would have made Gadaffi quake in his boots, but it was a little unexpected! I did leave great feedback and put thanks for the surprise hand delivery.

Looking for Newborn Cutie Rainbow Dash set blanket, Lanard Party Ponies pony & dolls sets, and any odd fakies!

Offline himmie

• Trade Count: (+137)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Need More Boy Ponies
    • View Profile
    • Himmie's Collection
« Reply #13 on: September 24, 2014, 10:27:19 PM »
Wow, I cannot imagine just showing up at a buyer's home unannounced. That is totally inappropriate. I would likely just avoid feedback or further contact.

I recently had a seller deliver an item to my house.  The seller was located only about 20 miles away from me and was going to be near my house for a family event the day after the auction ended. She did however ask beforehand and set up a specific time to stop by. I paid cash for the item (no shipping costs) when she delivered it.
WTB: MOC and Nirvana Boy Ponies
My Collection | Want List | eBay Store

lisey_baby

« Reply #14 on: September 25, 2014, 10:44:52 AM »
Hmmm not cool, especially when you paid for postage. My husband has delivered local orders for me but he would never knock on the door or talk to the customer just puts them through the letter box and we refund the postage. I'm assuming his intentions would good but I would be annoyed at the wasted $5

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal