collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Skydancers?  (Read 414 times)

Offline MintyMyndi

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Colorswirl Pony
    • View Profile
Skydancers?
« on: September 21, 2014, 03:14:48 PM »
Do they have any value? The 2000s rerelease with countless warnings in the instructions?

I have my Angelica from childhood and she's in decent shape, almost complete. It's probably been like 9 years (gasp!) and I really want to get rid of her, because, just like in my childhood, I hate her guts. Why? Perhaps it's because the cord constantly got stuck, or because she didn't have the moon base, or because I always got caught when I played with her in the house, or because she really sucked as a doll and as a flying weapon. But I know that everything has someone out there that loves it.

Oh well. She is the one with the green base covered in flowers, with a purple butterfly handle on the cord. She wears the purple outfit and has straight legs, with purple flowery wings and a fading pink stripe in her hair. She came with a skirt and a DVD with "The Sky's the Limit" and "Broken Stone."

Mine is missing the skirt (gave it to my sister's LPS cat), but has the doll, base, instructions, and DVD. I haven't tested the disc, but there's no reason it shouldn't still work. The base has some minor paint rubs to the top flowers on one side and the bottom ones on the other, and the cord sucks at working. This is apparently the norm, though. The doll's hair is still in its original ponytail, but is a bit dry. The bangs are really whacked out and the pink is faded about to where it blends with the blonde. It's still pink, but light. The rest of the doll doesn't have any noticeable flaws except for what's going on with the wings. The foam parts came off a little bit, and were re-glued. The paper on the underside shows this with warping at the seam and one wing has a tiny gap along with some orangey glue  sticking out a little bit. It's not too noticeable. One wing has some holes in it from my late cat attempting to eat it, but it's all there. The instructions have some creases but no tears. I'd say she was great for play if the dolls in general were any good for play. Will get pictures soon.

I want to know about how much she's worth, if anything, and if I could get anything for her if I had my dad put her on eBay. I just want her gone.
Here's my ACNH creator code. I thought I might share it, since I have quite a few pony designs.
MA-2882-9995-3504

Offline Wardah

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
Re: Skydancers?
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2014, 03:24:11 PM »
I have a Skydancer from the recent rerelease that is missing her base. I wonder if it's the same one.
Seeking Cutie Princess toys by Chap Mei!!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Also seeking brown Novi Stars fakies, and Punzels.

Av by Moonflower.

Offline Spike

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Monochrome
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2014, 07:57:33 PM »
I found a skydancer top at the tip shop yesterday. She's got brown hair. I tried her on one of my dolphin skydancer stands and she works really well and it was fun to play with her (my boyfriend joined in!) I have 2 of the dolls, 1 doesn't work, 1 does and 2 dolphin stand variants. XD

Offline Griffin

• Staff
  • Trade Count: (+89)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • aka Haawan | she/her
    • View Profile
    • Haawan Pony Customs
« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2014, 08:25:26 AM »
Ahh the nostalgy! :biggrin: I used to have a blue one with a dolphin base, my sister had the same one in pink.  We loved them to bits! Sorry I can't help with your question, though. ^^'
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

deviantART | Haawan Pony Customs | Aithne reference
Avatar by FizzyScrumptious, signature by tailrustedtealeaf - thank you ♥

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal