collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Collectibles: What Has Shelf Priority?  (Read 2245 times)

Offline Flitter

• Trade Count: (+74)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Collectibles: What Has Shelf Priority?
« Reply #15 on: September 19, 2014, 12:26:30 PM »
If I really consider it, BJD are my priority collection but because I try to keep them out of light and buy a lot more clothes than actual dolls they don't really compete for shelf space. Right now I have a dresser for them I put inside my toy room closet. The dolls sit on top of it and all their clothes and things go in it.

MLP is definitely the most important to me as far as display and shelf space goes. If I could only keep one collection out on display it would be my ponies. Right now I have a 5-shelf bookcase, a 3-shelf bookcase & 2 wall racks designated just for ponies.

Other things I have out right now are: Zelfs, which I'm currently downsizing to keep just a few fav's. They have 2 shelves of a 3-shelf bookcase currently and I want to keep them confined to that space. The bottom shelf of that case is storage containers of Re-Ment. Ever After High has a 5-shelf case and I'd love to keep them confined to that but, even though I recently sold 16 dolls and stored away all their extra outfits, I think they will expand to my now empty 3-shelf case unless ponies take that over first. It might be a fierce battle depending on what is released over the next year. I have a cabinet that is currently used mainly for Pony/Zelf accessory and larger Re-Ment furniture pieces storage. It has my Adventure Time plush collection on top of it. I also have a drafting table in the room and my art supplies go on or under it. In the part of the closet that is not taken up by BJD I'm storing my Calico Critters/Li'l Woodzeez shops, Funko pony boxes, my childhood toys (most of which are in totes), a few craft supplies, a guest cot, & a few books. That's pretty much my toy room hierarchy.

I move things around in the room quite often though. In the past months I've been buying new items but also selling a lot trying to prioritize and only buy/keep my favorite things. I know I'll be moving in June and likely to a smaller space so I'm trying to keep the fact that even though I have a lot of space now that I might not soon in mind as I collect.
« Last Edit: September 19, 2014, 12:30:11 PM by Flitter »

Offline Beldarna

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://www.freewebs.com/beldarna
« Reply #16 on: September 20, 2014, 06:45:32 AM »
In the livingroom my books has priority, They have an entire wall by themselves with the TV snugged in between two of them. My dragons are on the top of the bookshelves where they're hardly seen but at least they're out in the open.

In the bedroom my ponies are in priority with an entire wall of shelves.

Monster Highdolls are scattered where there are room here and there in my bedroom and my DVDs with fantasymovies are in a drawer.

Offline DazzleKitty

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+93)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 20, 2014, 09:52:42 AM »
I am lucky and have room for everything. Displayed in my room are all my ponies, Lady Lovely Locks dolls, Catwalk Kitties, Pinkie Cooper dolls, Keypers, Zelfs, and Little Pretties.    Ponies will always be priority, however. I am just lucky I have the space. :)
My Wishlist
3DS FC: 5284-1682-0844

Offline achab1984

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+222)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • Ponies make me smile! <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 20, 2014, 07:55:23 PM »
There are only two things that I collect. One of them being My Little Ponies and the other being a Breyer horses. But right now I only have about 6 Breyer horses so the ponies are the king of the shelf. :)

Offline mlp4me

• Nanu Nanu Orkan Pony
  • Trade Count: (+111)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • A Happy Pony Day To You!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 21, 2014, 05:55:20 AM »
Ponies take the priority and I limit them to one room only. Then it was Rainbow Brite and 80's stuffed animals. I used to have tons of stuffed animals upstairs; now they're downstairs in garbage bags and most of my RB stuff is downstairs too.
My husband's collections are sprawled throughout the house. So we now share a room with ponies, legos and sports cards. I have moved a lot of stuff downstairs to accommodate him and he sprawls randomly throughout the house with piles of cards and the kitchen table is the main lego building hub...
I have one rule, collections stay out of the bedroom.

G4 customs 4 sale
     Wants: Jamie Dornanvisitors can't see pics , please register or login
Hey, a girl can dream, right?

Offline sparkykandy

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Prom Queen Sweetheart Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 22, 2014, 08:07:39 AM »
I try not to buy more than I have space to display, and I'm not currently collecting right now.  However, if push came to shove, instead of choosing just one collection, I would go with my favorites from each collection instead.  Currently has an assortment of Mighty Muggs (Transformers and G.I. Joe), ponies, Transformers, anime figures, and stuffed animals on display. 
Admin of a Cheritz fan forum.

Offline MercuryStar

• Trade Count: (+23)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Merow?
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 23, 2014, 08:02:48 PM »
Of my many collections (the ones that aren't packed and waiting for me to move), my Windstone Editions have shelf priority.   They are heavy, but fragile, and I have a few that are either no longer being produced, or are OOAK. 
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

We kill the lights and put on a show/It's all a lie/But you'd never know
The star will shine/And then it will fall/And you will forget it all

Offline Skeen

• Not actually Captain Janeway
  • Trade Count: (+79)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 24, 2014, 01:47:49 PM »
The ponies have their own room, so they're always on display.  I don't keep anything else out because my cats are monsters, but in my office upstairs I keep my Star Trek stuff on display, kind of.  A lot of the artwork is out but most of the little figurines and sculptures and carvings are put away. 

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal