collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: I'm back.  (Read 1161 times)

Offline Leopard_Print_Unicorn

• New Wave pony on your Lisa Frank notebook
  • Trade Count: (+96)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
    • My Sales Thread:
I'm back.
« on: September 17, 2014, 09:52:28 PM »
I haven't really kept up with G4 brushables (though it seems to me there's been precious few :brow: ) but tonight, for obvious reasons, I bought Nurse Redheart at Walgreens. It got me thinking about how much I miss ponies, and how much I miss being here. This is always the friendliest bunch, and compared to other message boards, I'm never hesitate to post for fear I'll be ripped apart because I'm not witty or cool. It's been a while, but I have been reading topics here and there. I was going through some dark times a while back and I got lots of good support here, so I figure I owe it to anyone who cares to give a happier update:

:happy:___________________________Pony RN's Happy Updates_____________________________ :frolic:

I finally sold my house in the suburbs, which was not only the last vestige of my failed marriage, but also costing me too much money to manage. The closing was one of the most stressful things I've ever been through in my life, much wine was consumed, threats were made, and I almost walked on ~$1800, but in the end, IT'S DONE! I'm free of that house, that town, and symbolically, every failed promise my ex made. The remaining animals and I are settling into a little townhouse in a trendy area of town, and it's good to be back. I'm exploring the nightlife, reminiscing about when I lived in this area "back in the day" and decorating my place the way I want it, finally! (Chalk paint tips, anyone?) The dog is adjusting to not having a yard and having to go potty on a leash every time, and I'm adjusting to sharing space with neighbors and assigned parking, but the plus far outweighs the minus.

I lost a lot of weight. About 50lbs, doing Weight Watchers, which I had done once before but gained it all back and then some. I thought my ex was joking at first when he said "I'm going to fatten you up so you don't get away," but now I'm not so sure. Looking back on it, while he estranged me from all my friends and even tried with my family, he was more than happy to stop cooking so we ate out every night, and buy me pints of Ben and Jerry's two at a time "because I know you love it baby." Not saying I'm not ultimately responsible, but he was super manipulative. Anyway, I'm learning to cook, thinking about what I'm eating, and feeling so good about myself. I went from a US 14/16, L/XL, 36DDD to a 6-10, M/L, 34DD/36D. All has been diet so far, but I'm carefully starting to exercise again, too.

I'm wearing make-up, getting my hair and nails done, and buying new clothes. In the depths of my despair with my ex, I hadn't had my hair done since the wedding and I hardly ever put on make-up, because we never went anywhere and he was already "joking-not-joking" about me cheating while I was at work, so why encourage it? In the process, I lost a huge part of myself and what makes me feel good. I realized that I spent more effort styling my ponies than myself but at the time, lacked the strength to fix it. It's good to look in the mirror and feel pretty and put together again.

I'm back working nights. I worked nights for 6+ years before my back took me away from the bedside, and I thought that maybe an 8-5, M-F might be a good change. Wrong! It's so hard to get anything done. It was hard to leave for a doctor's appointment, and my mom was having to help me do things that didn't require my physical presence, like appointments for the animals or repairs at the house. Non-bedside nursing jobs at night are rare, but my department keeps one person stationed out of the emergency department of our main campus overnight, so I applied for the transfer and was accepted. I'm now working every Fri, Sat, Sun night from 6:30pm-7:00am, and the move also took me out of the little suburban hospital near my old house and moved me to a larger one near my new place. It's tough giving up every weekend, but I get so much done during the week and never have to worry about missing work for an appointment.

I'm cautiously getting back into the dating world with OK Cupid. I don't think I want to get married again, at least not anytime soon, but I would like to find someone to go out with and maybe eventually travel. Nothing to serious, I just want to have some fun.

I just wanted to write this to update anyone who had been wondering where I was, say thanks to those that offered kind words and gestures of support along the way, and let anyone out there who may be going through something similar to what I went through know, IT GETS BETTER!!!  :icon clap:

Most of the stuff in my office is still in boxes, and my dad is going to come next week and at least help me move them around (my back is one thing that has not gotten better, and never will). After that, I am so excited to buy some shelves and reorganize and display my pony, FSF, and Uglydoll/plushie collection. On one more positive note, I did finally find my last set-completing plushie dog on ebay that I've been after for 25 years  :accomplished:

I'll be posting more now that things are settling down for me. I missed you guys.
Formerly known as ponyRN.

Offline kaoskat

• Trade Count: (+224)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • Happy & Odd OT & Customs Mod
    • View Profile
    • kaoskat's Customs FB page
Re: I'm back.
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2014, 10:04:23 PM »
Welcome back!!!!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

kaoskat's Customs FB Page, please like!Commissions open & custom trades OPEN!
kaoskat's Sales :hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster:

Offline Aquarel

• Trade Count: (+41)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • Forever busy with stuff...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2014, 01:53:23 AM »
What an encouraging read :) Thank you for writing it down. I don't really know you but keep up the good work and yay for renewing your relationship with life itself.
Selling some ponies to pay for the vet bills of abandoned rabbits I adopted!
http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,385086.msg1626364.html#msg1626364:frog:

Offline Kiwi

• Hippity Hoppity Site Admin
  • Trade Count: (+20)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • ~ Squeewi ~
    • View Profile
    • Kiwi's Paradise
« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2014, 03:59:33 AM »
Welcome back, glad things are getting better for you :)
 Kiwi ref sheet :bunny: *BUNNIES* :bunny: Avatar: Thank you SDS!

Offline Rainbowrific Renia

• A Pony Lost in the Stars
  • Trade Count: (+40)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Crazy ferret lady!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2014, 05:29:58 AM »
Reading your post truly made me smile.  I may not know you, but I'm very happy that things are looking up for you.  Welcome back!  :thumb:
Instagram / Want List

Offline melodys_angel

• Trade Count: (+21)
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 18, 2014, 09:42:30 AM »
That's quite the update---im glad that things are starting to turn up for you!  Welcome back <3

TY to the respective artists for my Destiny art :)  YAY MA finally managed to re-upload her stuff!

Offline ashes

• Forever Orange Site Mod
  • Trade Count: (+32)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 18, 2014, 12:50:51 PM »
Welcome back!  :hug:  I am so, so glad things are working out for the best for you.

thanks to jupi for my avi and harvestmoongirl for my siggy!

Check out my website: artbyashes.com

Offline achab1984

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+222)
  • Ponies make me smile! <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 18, 2014, 03:22:41 PM »
Oh my gosh!! I was wondering what happened to you! WOW that was lot things that have happened in your life. So happy that is all over and things are getting better :)  HUGS :)

Offline mlp4me

• Nanu Nanu Orkan Pony
  • Trade Count: (+111)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • A Happy Pony Day To You!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 18, 2014, 05:13:56 PM »
Welcome back! Glad to hear that things are going well for you! :o)

G4 customs 4 sale
     Wants: Jamie Dornanvisitors can't see pics , please register or login
Hey, a girl can dream, right?

Offline Marlin

• Trade Count: (+48)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 18, 2014, 08:38:30 PM »
I'm so sorry you went through such an awful time  :(  But wonderful to hear how things are picking up for you! Onwards and upwards :)

Offline Leopard_Print_Unicorn

• New Wave pony on your Lisa Frank notebook
  • Trade Count: (+96)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
    • My Sales Thread:
« Reply #10 on: September 18, 2014, 09:02:52 PM »
Thank you all for your encouraging words! It's good to be back.  :deathhug:
Formerly known as ponyRN.

Online lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 18, 2014, 10:16:46 PM »
welcome back!
The Bad Trader List

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

Offline Radiance

• Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+35)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 19, 2014, 09:35:09 AM »
Welcome back! Glad you are feeling better about yourself because you are awesome and you deserve to feel awesome!
http://mlparena.com/index.php?topic=366243.new#new

my want list, looking for unicorns!

Offline invaderhorizongreen

• Trade Count: (+130)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 19, 2014, 04:28:47 PM »
Welcome back, glad to hear things are looking up for you.

Offline Thrice

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Target Exclusive Winter Pony
  • I drop science.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 19, 2014, 07:03:11 PM »
*Nurse and pony hugs!!* I'm so happy for you.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal