collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: 4DE Pony Plushies Up for Pre-Order! [Who even knows...]  (Read 13821 times)

Offline Skeen

• Not actually Captain Janeway
  • Trade Count: (+79)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
Re: 4DE Pony Plushies Up for Pre-Order! [updated]
« Reply #90 on: December 22, 2014, 02:27:16 PM »
I know, and for the price they can't be beat.  I just wish they wouldn't announce things as "coming soon" if they really aren't coming soon at all.  "Soon" isn't 6+ months later. 

Offline Rainbowrific Renia

• A Pony Lost in the Stars
  • Trade Count: (+40)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Crazy ferret lady!
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: December 22, 2014, 02:33:40 PM »
Those are really awesome, especially Rarity and Luna but I'd have to see them in person to decide if they're worth the money.
They're worth it.  I have Pinkie Pie and Twilight and they're the best G4 plushies around right now.

4DE is pretty terrible with actually releasing them, though.  :huh:
Instagram / Want List

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
  • Trade Count: (+101)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: December 22, 2014, 02:39:33 PM »
I haven't heard anything yet- but also haven't received a cancellation, so hopefully SOOOOON (whatever that means anymore)

• Rapunzel Pony
  • Crazy ferret lady!
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: December 22, 2014, 02:42:21 PM »
I also haven't heard anything, and as far as I know my order hasn't been canceled.  I wanted to add Luna onto my order, but I'm gonna wait until I hear something.
Instagram / Want List

Offline prancingstag

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
Re: 4DE Pony Plushies Up for Pre-Order! [still waiting...]
« Reply #94 on: December 22, 2014, 05:26:14 PM »
Disappointing but not surprising. I was hoping we might have a release of some kind in 2014, looks like we can hope for 2015 though? Fluttershy seemed so close to release in Oct 13, I wonder whats happening behind the scenes to delay their production so much? Seems like they bring out new prototypes all the time yet nothing is actually getting made. Even their update post about the delays is saying they have more surprises and stuff in store! Their quality is miles ahead of the competition and I'm eagerly awaiting, but how much longer can it reasonably take :huh:

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: December 29, 2014, 09:49:21 AM »
Disappointing but not surprising. I was hoping we might have a release of some kind in 2014, looks like we can hope for 2015 though? Fluttershy seemed so close to release in Oct 13, I wonder whats happening behind the scenes to delay their production so much? Seems like they bring out new prototypes all the time yet nothing is actually getting made. Even their update post about the delays is saying they have more surprises and stuff in store! Their quality is miles ahead of the competition and I'm eagerly awaiting, but how much longer can it reasonably take :huh:

My guess is that the factory made products that aren't up to snuff- and they had to be re-done?

Also it takes quite a while for a smaller manufacturer to get a licensed product approved- so maybe Hasbro is holding it up?

I really just want Luna, hope they can get her to us by January...

Offline Noxxbunny

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Colorswirl Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: December 31, 2014, 03:27:52 AM »
Welp. See you guys in 3ish months.

http://shop.4de.com/franchises/my-little-pony?product_id=153

At least for Fluttershy. If she's been pushed back to March, it wouldn't shock me if all the others are pushed back to summer 2015.  :huh: Getting real tired of this, 4DE.

Offline Skeen

• Not actually Captain Janeway
  • Trade Count: (+79)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: December 31, 2014, 07:50:47 AM »
That's ridiculous.  If you can't get a product out in an entire year, 4DE, quit advertising it and don't start making plans for other products you also never release. 

Offline Foxtale

• Trade Count: (+20)
  • Reverse Gusty Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: December 31, 2014, 08:29:31 AM »
I think the issue is they tease their products too soon. The current 3 month pre-order period for Fluttershy is reasonable anything longer than that is a bit much :P They also seem to have issue keeping their other products such as their books in stock too.

I just love the quality of their products though so I'll be patient. I love my Twilight Sparkle. :D
~Foxtale~

Offline Noxxbunny

• Colorswirl Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: December 31, 2014, 11:31:36 AM »
I think the issue is they tease their products too soon. The current 3 month pre-order period for Fluttershy is reasonable anything longer than that is a bit much :P They also seem to have issue keeping their other products such as their books in stock too.

I just love the quality of their products though so I'll be patient. I love my Twilight Sparkle. :D

Fluttershy's wait has been pretty unreasonable. I'm glad she's not my favorite pony, or I'd be even more disappointed. 4DE said she'd be released summer 2014. So she's pretty much been delayed an entire year. If they want to show teaser images, that's fine, but they need to stop giving out release dates if they're not going to stick to anywhere near them.  :huh:

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: December 31, 2014, 11:35:00 AM »
Welp. See you guys in 3ish months.

http://shop.4de.com/franchises/my-little-pony?product_id=153

At least for Fluttershy. If she's been pushed back to March, it wouldn't shock me if all the others are pushed back to summer 2015.  :huh: Getting real tired of this, 4DE.

:doh:

Aww- I guess the others probably won't be any sooner than that either. Sigh.  Of course I couldn't help following the link and thinking how darned cute that plush is...

4DE needs to GET IT TOGETHER!  By the time their cooler looking designs finally get out, the MLP g4 fad will be nearing it's end!

• Rapunzel Pony
  • Crazy ferret lady!
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: December 31, 2014, 11:59:11 AM »
That's ridiculous.  If you can't get a product out in an entire year, 4DE, quit advertising it and don't start making plans for other products you also never release.

Basically this.

Fluttershy's date being pushed aaaalll the way to March means the other ponies won't be out for a long time.  I wish they hadn't shown us the prototypes, because this is ridiculous.
Instagram / Want List

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: January 01, 2015, 08:01:05 PM »
I am sorry I dont get the wait now. I have been involved in product launches from creation to hitting shelves off and on for 10 years. Nothing takes the kind of time frame they are talking for example on fluttershy. Or at least certainly not when they already have a license and a designed product agreed and in place. The only thing that could be tying them up is not having the financials in place to produce but if thats the case I am surprised they won a hasbro licece and from pre sales they should have got an indication of an initial production run. Unless....they are not seeing enough ordees in pre sales to go to production. With the volume of official, custom and unofficial plush about now it is kind of a saturated market.
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline Noxxbunny

• Colorswirl Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: January 01, 2015, 08:23:04 PM »
I am sorry I dont get the wait now. I have been involved in product launches from creation to hitting shelves off and on for 10 years. Nothing takes the kind of time frame they are talking for example on fluttershy. Or at least certainly not when they already have a license and a designed product agreed and in place. The only thing that could be tying them up is not having the financials in place to produce but if thats the case I am surprised they won a hasbro licece and from pre sales they should have got an indication of an initial production run. Unless....they are not seeing enough ordees in pre sales to go to production. With the volume of official, custom and unofficial plush about now it is kind of a saturated market.

All I've heard about this is a rumor about them being insanely nitpicky about quality control. But I've yet to see any evidence to really back that up. Since some parts of the plush are handsewn, they might be having issues with that? Who knows, really?

I don't know about everyone else, but I know I'm not pre-ordering because I don't trust them to have the product out on time at this point. Being this late definitely hurts business. It makes buyers like myself wary. I'll buy when they're actually released...but not before.

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
Re: 4DE Pony Plushies Up for Pre-Order! [Fluttershy in March?]
« Reply #104 on: January 01, 2015, 08:35:37 PM »

All I've heard about this is a rumor about them being insanely nitpicky about quality control. But I've yet to see any evidence to really back that up. Since some parts of the plush are handsewn, they might be having issues with that? Who knows, really?

I don't know about everyone else, but I know I'm not pre-ordering because I don't trust them to have the product out on time at this point. Being this late definitely hurts business. It makes buyers like myself wary. I'll buy when they're actually released...but not before.

A few batch controls, several test runs and you get to the bottom of that...or you simply change manufacturers. Selling a cheap (and they are cheap considering the detail) plush, your customers dont expect the level of finish they will get with a custom made item. And its great to try and get something perfect but you can run tests at multiple manufacturers if you are really that fussy.

So many things are hand done at a lot of Chinese factories that hand made is an easy claim even in this day and age of technology. A friend of mine is a buyer currently for a high street retailer; I remember her telling me a lot of the cushions which they stock and sell at lowish prices and how they are all literally hand stuffed by the manufacturers in China. Its not  uncommon for that kind of personalised touch to just be simply how a factory works and its done so efficiently and quickly by staff they can still churn product. 
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal