collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Newer pony stuff spotted in Australia!  (Read 3763 times)

Offline fingerpaints

• Makin' a mess pony
  • Trade Count: (+72)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • manahmanah :D
    • View Profile
Newer pony stuff spotted in Australia!
« on: September 13, 2014, 08:21:05 PM »
Just thought id let you other Aussies know, some of the newer pony stuff has started to pop up here in Oz. I picked up one of the pop buildable ponies from big w yesterday, I was in a bit of a hurry, but they did have some other new stuff too like the plush ones that you draw on with markers and stuff.

I wasn't expecting to find the pop ponies over here any time soon, for anyone curious they were found at the waverly gardens mall in Vic. I don't know about anywhere else but if you are after some of the new items, keep an eye out in your area.

Offline gabumon

• Daddy Sweet Celebrations
  • Trade Count: (+92)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • mostly papercrafting
    • View Profile
    • Netroids
Re: Newer pony stuff spotted in Australia!
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2014, 09:04:07 PM »
exciting!

I'm looking forward to Bon Bon and that strawberry
pony.

Offline sweetapple

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Brush N Grow Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2014, 05:15:32 AM »
The pop ponies have appeared all over Perth as well, there are quite a lot to choose from. I really don't plan on buying any, but the Zecora one keeps tempting me

Also, Shadowbolt RD has popped up in the past few weeks, and Design-a-Pony Cadence. There's more, but I can't recall at the moment :p

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2014, 08:08:50 AM »
Awesome! Its great things are turning up in so many places!
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline prancingstag

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2014, 01:44:03 PM »
I'm in the south eastern suburbs of Melbourne, I've yet to see POP ponies in Big W, but they have been happily invading Myer and TRU near me, as well as Toy World. I've seen the Sweet Shoppe playset, the mane six and Zecora in single packs, the two princess double packs, and the Pinkie Pie's bakery and Fluttershy's cottage accessory kits. When TRU put them out, everything was on special for a couple dollars off. I haven't given in to temptation... yet... :P

We also have the full Pony Mania line at TRU now - Photo Finish, Queen Chrysalis, the new favourites collection, EQG Zecora and the EQG Snapshots three pack with the Photo Finish doll.

I also went to a shopping centre in Epping a few days ago and the Big W there had the Rainbow Neon brushables out, with the body markings. Cheerilee, Pinkie Pie, Fluttershy and Rainbow Dash were in attendance. I was hoping Holly Dash would be part of the first wave, but at least we might be getting her later? I haven't seen the rainbow tinsel Applejack and Princess Twilight yet though. :huh:

Offline Stormness_1

• Pony Of Anarchy!
  • Trade Count: (+28)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • I'm not a magical unicorn, you know!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2014, 06:25:00 PM »
I'm in the south eastern suburbs of Melbourne, I've yet to see POP ponies in Big W, but they have been happily invading Myer and TRU near me, as well as Toy World. I've seen the Sweet Shoppe playset, the mane six and Zecora in single packs, the two princess double packs, and the Pinkie Pie's bakery and Fluttershy's cottage accessory kits. When TRU put them out, everything was on special for a couple dollars off. I haven't given in to temptation... yet... :P

We also have the full Pony Mania line at TRU now - Photo Finish, Queen Chrysalis, the new favourites collection, EQG Zecora and the EQG Snapshots three pack with the Photo Finish doll.

I also went to a shopping centre in Epping a few days ago and the Big W there had the Rainbow Neon brushables out, with the body markings. Cheerilee, Pinkie Pie, Fluttershy and Rainbow Dash were in attendance. I was hoping Holly Dash would be part of the first wave, but at least we might be getting her later? I haven't seen the rainbow tinsel Applejack and Princess Twilight yet though. :huh:

Pretty much this here in Brisbane. We have all that stuff in TRU, plus shadowdash is back. Big W has POP stuff, and the first wave of the TAF brushables. Some facebook friends in Melbourne seem to be finding new merch stuff as well, I don't recall what off the top of my head though, but I think it was in Big W/Target, so I'm keeping my eyes peeled. Apparently the new S3 DVD is out too, I've seen a couple on ebay, but none in stores here as yet, the listings were Adelaide.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2014, 06:26:58 PM by Stormness_1 »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Sig by Moonbreeze, avi by Sapphire Rain.

Offline Saja

• Peacock Queen
  • Trade Count: (+325)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 14, 2014, 09:54:47 PM »
Yay thanks for the heads up!
Wish list : http://mlparena.com/mlp/index.php/topic,318839.0.html
See my work on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/saja.navajo Also rehairs and customs for sale in sales album on FB and also and Etsy Store https://www.etsy.com/shop/SajasCreations

Offline fingerpaints

• Makin' a mess pony
  • Trade Count: (+72)
  • manahmanah :D
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 16, 2014, 04:44:23 PM »
Im glad to see new stuff is pretty wide spread over here :D even though im not actively collecting I was so excited to see the new stuff!

Offline Violet CLM

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Sunset Shimmer did nothing wrong
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 16, 2014, 05:17:48 PM »
I also went to a shopping centre in Epping a few days ago and the Big W there had the Rainbow Neon brushables out, with the body markings. Cheerilee, Pinkie Pie, Fluttershy and Rainbow Dash were in attendance.
You're beating the US there! Nice.

Offline Stormness_1

• Pony Of Anarchy!
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 17, 2014, 03:13:23 PM »
I also went to a shopping centre in Epping a few days ago and the Big W there had the Rainbow Neon brushables out, with the body markings. Cheerilee, Pinkie Pie, Fluttershy and Rainbow Dash were in attendance.

Yeah normally we wait months! I was so surprised when I saw Cheerilee and Rainbow Dash, that I grabbed them right away thinking they might be out by mistake - and then I started seeing them in the other stores and grabbed the other two. The only thing that we've ever got before the US before is the DVD season 1 release, and even that the US released the whole season before the final disc of our set was  out.

Online Carrehz

• #1 Prizestuffer
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
  • I'm gonna live forever or die trying!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 17, 2014, 03:32:19 PM »

Woah really, these haven't been released in the US yet? They've been over here in the UK for a few weeks now :o

Offline prancingstag

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 18, 2014, 09:06:03 PM »
Went for a romp around Southland and Chadstone, even more new stuff is cropping up :biggrin: glad to see things moving along after so much CE/CPC shelf warming.

Spoiler
EQG Rarity and Sunset Shimmer dress up dolls, DJ Pon-3's car (without doll, haven't seen the set with the doll as yet). Found at Myer a few weeks ago but the dress up dolls are now in Big W and TRU as well.

Spoiler

TY Beanie Baby (7 inch) and Beanie Buddy (11 inch) plushies at Toy World - I've seen listings on ebay for a while now but I was unsure if they were bootlegs or not, this is the first I've seen in an actual store. Only these four were on the shelves.

Spoiler

Rainbow Neon brushables now EVERYWHERE. If you want rainbow tinsel you better hop to it before they vanish - Big W, Target, K Mart, Myer and TRU all had neons.

Spoiler

'Friendship Week' is being held at Southland Big W - they have lots of new stuff in to promote it, as well as the ponyfication station available on the 21st. Rainbow Power fashion style Pinkie and Rainbow which have been popping up in greater numbers, Funrise plush keychains (free with a purchase of other pony goods), the hairstyling cases (IIRC also appearing at Target), the Rainbow Dash diary with the fluffy hair, a 'jewellery box' filled with story books, some DVD boxsets, and of particular note, the EQG Wild Rainbow three pack with CMC dolls!

Spoiler

I lied about the CPC shelf warming being over - this entire endcap was just a hundred Twilight's celebration castle boxes.

One side of this display was entirely Rainbow Neon brushables, another was all POP ponies, and the other was all EQG single and dress up dolls.

The 'Crystal Empire' box with the toy didn't have anything visible on the sides to see what's inside.

TRU also had plenty of Design-a-Pony Cadence, and when looking over the EQGs, I noticed a few variants I hadn't seen before.

Spoiler

Singing Twilight Sparkle with blue skirt or purple skirt.

Basic Rainbow Dash with yellow wings or blue wings.

The aisle at Southland TRU still has the G3 advertisements up there :lol:

And Big W has the Canterlot High Pep Rally set for half price, only $30 (which is a really really good price for five dolls, considering a normal single doll is $20 itself!). The Luna in that set doesn't have the chin-length bangs that the original version had, her hair is a lot longer and tucked back into the elastic bands behind her head (so I can't see exactly how long, I'm assuming it's the same length as all of her hair).

Spoiler

Offline gabumon

• Daddy Sweet Celebrations
  • Trade Count: (+92)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • mostly papercrafting
    • View Profile
    • Netroids
« Reply #12 on: September 18, 2014, 09:11:22 PM »
wow!  the brushables with cutie mark legs!  did they have Holly Dash?  light pink with Strawberry cutie?

Offline prancingstag

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 18, 2014, 09:13:23 PM »
wow!  the brushables with cutie mark legs!  did they have Holly Dash?  light pink with Strawberry cutie?

Just those four pictured - two earthies and two pegasi. I think the unicorn couple (Rarity and Holly Dash) are in the second wave. :)

Offline Stormness_1

• Pony Of Anarchy!
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 18, 2014, 11:18:50 PM »
My BIG W is clearancing the Masquerade singles, and my BIG W never, ever clearances pony stuff, like ever... the tinsel and rainbow power are GONE! Sold out, if you can believe it. The funkadelic twilight castle is also down to $20, the new one is still full price though...

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal