collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: September 11, 2001  (Read 1172 times)

Offline okamigirl64

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Target Exclusive Winter Pony
  • "I used to wonder what friendship could be."
    • View Profile
September 11, 2001
« on: September 11, 2014, 04:13:54 AM »
While I was too young to remember what happened on that day, my heart goes out to all who suffered. Whether you knew someone personally who lost their life, or you were just watching the TV all day, wishing what there was something you could have done, I know that this is the second day that will "live in infamy".   :cry: :hug: :blush:
(Mods, feel free to move to WYP if you need to.)  :)

[I went ahead and merged the 2 topics together since they are the exact same thing.  MA]
« Last Edit: September 13, 2014, 09:52:55 AM by Marchesa Angel »

Offline MikeysGrrrl

• Penguin Snuggle Pony
  • Trade Count: (+95)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Whatever you become, be an amazing one!
    • View Profile
Re: September 11, 2001
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2014, 04:43:47 AM »
Is it bad that I totally didn't clue into the fact that it was 9/11 (in regards to the terrorist attacks) and instead thought of how it's been 1 month since Robin Williams died?

I am however old enough to remember the events of 9/11 and how heart wrenching and terrifying it was to watch everything unfold on tv. So sad for all the lives that were lost yet thankful for all those who survived the attacks.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

CottonTALE

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2014, 05:15:30 AM »
I was in grade 5 at the time it happened and all the teachers seemed horrified over what had happened (Mind you, I live in Canada. So I'm sure it wasn't as-big of an impact as the US felt.)

I never really felt connected to the tragedy, most likely because of my lack of empathy... But I get that for some, the day is a tough one.

Offline StarSwirl05

• Pearlized G3 Prototype Pony
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
    • Njyugioh
« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2014, 05:40:26 AM »
I'll always remember how I didn't know about the tragedy the day it happened until I got home (my school didn't have TVs and most probably didn't know or didn't tell).

Offline Rainbowrific Renia

• A Pony Lost in the Stars
  • Trade Count: (+40)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Crazy ferret lady!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2014, 06:21:48 AM »
I'll never forget this day. 

I was in 6th grade and I was walking to my homeroom from 1st or 2nd period (that's the one thing I can never remember).  I walked into the classroom and my teacher was sitting at her desk, eyes glued to the TV that was situated in the corner of our room.  She was crying uncontrollably and since I was the only other person in the room at the time, I asked her what was wrong.  She just pointed to the TV and mumbled something, but I couldn't understand her.  I finally figured it out after hearing the news anchor mention the attacks and I just ran over and gave my teacher the biggest hug. 

I also remember the plane crash that occurred the same day in Somerset County, Pennsylvania, which isn't too far from where I live.  It was a scary thing, and I pray that nothing like that ever happens again, not just in this country, but in any country.
Instagram / Want List

Offline achab1984

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+222)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • Ponies make me smile! <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2014, 06:35:43 AM »
Oh YES I do remember it all like it was yesterday! I was in high school and was walking threw the hallway when I saw a TV in one of the rooms. I had to stop and I could not believe my eyes!! To this day I still cant believe that it happened! :(

I do feel very luck about being able to see them. I was on a girl scouts trip there over the fourth. I was about to see both of them and go in one of them on the 4th of July 2001. Its kind of scary thought cause it was so close to when they went down :(

Offline melodys_angel

• Trade Count: (+21)
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 11, 2014, 10:33:16 AM »
*blushes*  I forgot that today was the 11th.

I was in highschool when it happened. And its something ill never forget.

TY to the respective artists for my Destiny art :)  YAY MA finally managed to re-upload her stuff!

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
  • Trade Count: (+101)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 11, 2014, 10:35:45 AM »
I was getting ready for law school and the channel switched to the scene. I saw the second plane crash and as someone jumped out of one of the windows to their death.  It was so terrible. I thought that the entire country might come under attack.

Offline Aflame

• Trade Count: (+35)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 11, 2014, 11:47:12 AM »
i came in from collage and turned on the tv to what i thought was  a film but the i realised the ABC logo in the corner,just then the second plane hit and i couldent beleave my eyes :( xaflame

Offline ashes

• Forever Orange Site Mod
  • Trade Count: (+32)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 11, 2014, 01:11:39 PM »
I had just started graduate school up in San Francisco.  But I had made a last minute change to my schedule, so instead of being in the city that day, I was at home.  (I lived with my parents to save on the cost of renting in the city).  I remember waking up, and hearing my parents gasping in the kitchen (they have a little tv in there).  I went in to see what was going on, and just felt shocked and numb, and full of disbelief.

I also saw the second plane crash.  Gah, such a nightmare.  After recovering from the shock, I emailed one of my good friends who was my roommate at college.  After we graduated she moved to NYC to work at Sotheby's.  I was so relieved to know she was okay.

thanks to jupi for my avi and harvestmoongirl for my siggy!

Check out my website: artbyashes.com

Offline kaoskat

• Trade Count: (+224)
  • Happy & Odd OT & Customs Mod
    • View Profile
    • kaoskat's Customs FB page
« Reply #10 on: September 11, 2014, 01:15:56 PM »
I was watching a move about Richard Nixon (the name of it is not an allowed word so don't bother asking :silly: ) and was very annoyed at my mother when she called and told me to turn on the news. She was insistent when I tried to tell her I was trying to watch a movie, so I switched it to CNN. It stayed on CNN for months after that. Even when coverage was long over. I didn't want to change the channel. I just kept waiting for them to find the air pocket with all the people safe and sound and alive in it. Never happened though, no matter how hard I wished. I finally actually got around to seeing that movie in the last year or so.......

kaoskat's Customs FB Page, please like!Commissions open & custom trades OPEN!
kaoskat's Sales :hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster:

Offline LightingElectricDream

• Trade Count: (+25)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Collecting Since 2002 -
    • View Profile
9/11 *POST A HEART* for those we lost * POST A HEART*
« Reply #11 on: September 11, 2014, 01:59:07 PM »
For all those we knew loved and lost and for those we never knew but will always remember. Rest in peace to all who passed away. You are loved. you will remain in our hearts!

:heart:
« Last Edit: September 12, 2014, 09:26:13 AM by LightingElectricDream »
:accomplished:

Offline achab1984

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+222)
  • Ponies make me smile! <3
    • View Profile
Re: 20/11 *POST A HEART* for thoese we lost * POST A HEART*
« Reply #12 on: September 11, 2014, 02:11:46 PM »
 :heart: :heart: :heart:

Babushka

Re: 20/11 *POST A HEART* for thoese we lost * POST A HEART*
« Reply #13 on: September 11, 2014, 02:13:21 PM »
:heart: :heart:

Offline LadyMoondancer

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+96)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • http://www.superpony.com
« Reply #14 on: September 11, 2014, 02:17:28 PM »
I happened to turn on the news before work, which I normally never do.  The second tower hadn't fallen yet and no one knew what was going on.

It didn't even seem real.  I felt really numb the rest of the day.
Visit my Tumblr, Heck Yeah, Pony Scans!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal