collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: So I have the corset base down...help with the ruffles?  (Read 362 times)

Offline TexasGal

• Cupcake Pony
  • Trade Count: (+158)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Pickle barrel kumquat cherrychanga!!!!
    • View Profile
So I have the corset base down...help with the ruffles?
« on: September 02, 2014, 07:15:54 AM »
I finally get the idea about the corset base, and I will keep practicing (thank you everyone for the help and advice, and the links to the tutorials!) but there was no mention anywhere about how to do ruffles!  I used the extruder to make the ruffles on my Twisted Fairy Tale pony, but that won't work for every pony, and I want to really learn more.  Any tips and ideas, especially with layering ruffles?  I am assuming that you would cut it from rolled clay, and that some experience in clothes making would help, but I am NO seamstress, hehehe

Thanks in advance!

Offline NoDivision

• I am vengeance, I am the night!
  • Trade Count: (+67)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • No Division Customs
Re: So I have the corset base down...help with the ruffles?
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2014, 07:46:49 AM »
Ruffles are a nightmare and they always make me crazy, haha. I just take some apoxie and roll it out into a long strip - the longer the better because then you'll have more to play with to see what you like. then I just kind of fold it back on itself to make one long ruffle piece and then stick it on the pony, following the line of the corset. I often have to re-do it several times, so don't get discouraged if it takes some getting used to.

Offline TexasGal

• Cupcake Pony
  • Trade Count: (+158)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Pickle barrel kumquat cherrychanga!!!!
    • View Profile
Re: So I have the corset base down...help with the ruffles?
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2014, 09:37:01 AM »
I figured it was along those lines!  I just have so much trouble on my own, and I struggle with it - I figured i was doing it wrong somehow  :blush: I do best with pictures, and since i couldn't find any, I thought that maybe it was a SUPER simple thing that is left unspoken, and I was dopey enough I couldn't figure it out, LOL!  It's been that way before, hehehe.

I will keep sticking with it though and try again!  I should have some free time soon, and I don't think I will sign up for another swap any time soon, just to give myself time to catch up on life and my own projects, and to work on my practicing, so this is the perfect excuse to try ruffles again.  I may send you oodles of pics on FB and be all "AAAAHHHHH it fell apart!!"

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal