collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Jem And The Holograms.... Really?  (Read 2948 times)

Offline kaoskat

• Trade Count: (+224)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • Happy & Odd OT & Customs Mod
    • View Profile
    • kaoskat's Customs FB page
Jem And The Holograms.... Really?
« on: September 01, 2014, 07:07:59 AM »
You know, I've been watching Jem And The Holograms recently and Rio is a complete and utter jerk! Seriously! Why does she chase after this guy? He constantly cheats on her with.....Well.....Her.....But he doesn't know that, yet heaven forbid she have a conversation with another guy EVER for any reason at all. She gets stressed out and upset and he gets all mad for no good reason and says ugly things to her. He huffs and puffs and peacocks around any guy that says 2 words to her. And she keeps chasing after him like nothing else matters. If she wanted to date a jerk she should have dated Riot instead. Yeah he was a superficial better than you jerk but at least he was upfront about it. Rio seemed convinced he was perfect. *shakes head and wonders what exactly people were trying to teach us as little girls cuz this is messed up*

Oh and it's not that I have a problem with girls chasing after and obsessing over guys, that's all well and good if that's what you want, but find one worth chasing if that's what you want to do! Rio so wasn't. His only redeeming quality was his pretty purple hair and come on! Everyone had fun colored hair in that show!
« Last Edit: September 01, 2014, 07:12:08 AM by kaoskat »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

kaoskat's Customs FB Page, please like!Commissions open & custom trades OPEN!
kaoskat's Sales :hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster:

Offline Wardah

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
Re: Jem And The Holograms.... Really?
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2014, 08:36:02 AM »
I'm guessing that she figures since it's really her that it's not actually cheating? How else can you explain her leading him on while she was Jem instead of keeping it professional? Seriously she isn't really much better than him when it comes to relationships. The only redeeming thing her character does is helping the orphans.
Seeking Cutie Princess toys by Chap Mei!!

Also seeking brown Novi Stars fakies, and Punzels.

Av by Moonflower.

Offline Ponyfan

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2014, 09:04:53 AM »
I love Jem and the Holograms. :) In the early episodes when Jerrica first became Jem a couple of times Rio said that being with Jem as her boyfriend wasn't fair to Jerrica but Jerrica as Jem kept telling him that Jerrica would understand. I don't think she feels like Rio is cheating on her with Jem since she is Jem but I know there were a couple of times where Jerrica felt like Rio liked Jem better than her. I think when they were in Greece Jerrica made a new persona hologram  as a test for Rio and then she got upset that Rio was being as nice to her as he was to Jerrica and Jem until Synergy told her that Rio was reacting to who she was on the inside despite her outward appearance.  I feel like Rio was basically a Ken for Jem and Jerrica just so she would have someone to take her out on dates and make Jem and Jerrica being the same person more interesting since he doesn't know. Although there were a couple of times that Rio saved her life so I guess he does care about both of them.

Ponyfan

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

squishy turdl

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2014, 09:10:14 AM »
Ha ha. I just googled him.

Rio looks like one of those brothers from the Vampire Diaries.. not the serious boring one - someone can help me out here..

« Last Edit: September 01, 2014, 09:11:59 AM by squishy turdl »

Offline melodys_angel

• Trade Count: (+21)
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2014, 09:17:10 AM »
Its stuff like that we don't catch when we are kids ;)

TY to the respective artists for my Destiny art :)  YAY MA finally managed to re-upload her stuff!

Offline ember86

• Trade Count: (+40)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • A very picky little pony.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2014, 12:51:14 PM »
Yeah, I'm not much of the Rio fan ether and boy was the Hasbro doll of him ugly! But anyway the love triangle was one of the things that made the show a hit. One of my fave moments on the show was when Rio interrupted Kimber's wedding by proposing to her for someone else. Jerrica was like "Rio!" And Kimber says, "I'm flattered, but I don't want to marry you."     
  Thank you Scraleos for my sig! Thank you MLPmintchocolatechip for my a avatar  Have a very pony day [you]
My etsy shop

Offline Starfall

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Colorswirl Pony
  • Keeping Australia Post afloat
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 01, 2014, 08:49:52 PM »
Rio was indeed a total waste of space.  The Pete Docherty to Kate Moss; the Jimmy Gulzar to Mel B; the Justin Bieber to Selena Gomez; Chris Brown to Rihanna; Bobby Brown to Whitney Houston....

Will pop divas never learn?
« Last Edit: September 01, 2014, 09:37:47 PM by Starfall »
Tinsel rehairer extraordinaire!

Offline ponycake

• Trade Count: (+14)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 01, 2014, 09:30:57 PM »
That made me crazy too. That he was a jerk, and that she was okay with him being in love with two people, even if they were both her.

Check out my art thread here

WTB: US MIB Birthday Pony

Offline Mermaid

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 02, 2014, 01:30:19 AM »
His only redeeming quality was his pretty purple hair and come on! Everyone had fun colored hair in that show!

This had me cracking up!

I agree Rio is a jerk! I never understood why she liked him so much!
Thanks to calico star for my avatar!

Offline MorningGlorysParadise82

• Trade Count: (+32)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 02, 2014, 07:10:30 AM »
LOL! Yeah there were times that I felt they both dug their own graves when it came to being jealous about the other. Maybe that's why they created Riot...so Rio would have a legit reason to be jealous of Jem/Jerrica and vice versa... Lol still I like the show for the lessons they focused on instead of the flaws I obviously overlooked as a  kid...lol
Live as though the world is as it should be, to show what it can be.
Want List/My Ponydex/Ref.sheet

Offline LadyMoondancer

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+96)
    • View Profile
    • http://www.superpony.com
« Reply #10 on: September 02, 2014, 08:20:19 AM »
I love Jem and the Holograms, but Rio is AWFUL.   Jem / Jerrica deserved sooo much better.

Remember the episode where he berates Kimber for casually dating two dudes at once?  Where he's all "I despise deception and I hate cheaters!!"  I was like "COULD HAVE FOOLED ME."

You're right, at least Riot was upfront about being vain and shallow.
« Last Edit: September 02, 2014, 08:23:29 AM by LadyMoondancer »
Visit my Tumblr, Heck Yeah, Pony Scans!

Offline kaoskat

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 02, 2014, 08:26:02 AM »
I love Jem and the Holograms, but Rio is AWFUL.   Jem / Jerrica deserved sooo much better.

Remember the episode where he berates Kimber for casually dating two dudes at once?  Where he's all "I despise deception and I hate cheaters!!"  I was like "COULD HAVE FOOLED ME."

I KNOW!!!! The whole thing is insane! And the whole episode where they try to justify it! You know the "He loves all these different yous because he loves what's inside". And I'm over here "Yeah, he loves your insides and anyone with similar insides, he loves them too. Doesn't really matter who it is! He just has a 'type'." *shakes head* I mean I love this show but yeah....It just.....Wow!

kaoskat's Sales :hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster:

Offline kakenterprise

• Trade Count: (+65)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 02, 2014, 09:08:37 AM »
I really like the show but there art a lot of what, moments.   
Besides Rio I was always shocked that the Misfits where never taken to jail for almost killing Jem and the Holograms (all the time).

Offline kaoskat

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 02, 2014, 09:14:49 AM »
LOL So true! And vandalizing things all the time! The whole show is kinda insane really. It's crazy the things you just don't notice as children.

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
  • Trade Count: (+101)
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 02, 2014, 09:25:26 AM »
Haha- yeah, Rio is a real jerk.  There is even this one episode where he gets mad at Jerrica and kicks a plant I think...
Of course Jerrica plays mind games with him throughout the series, so she's no angel either really...
He's really just a roadie/groupie anyway.   :lol:

And yeah, the misfits are constantly trying to MURDER Jerrica/Jem- by making Jem's car go over a cliff, trying to run Jerrica over with a tractor, trying to run her over with her own car, kidnapping Kimber and leaving her tied up in a live volcano about to explode....

It's actually very strange that Jerrica never files charges against them, as at least two of them are very obviously sociopaths and murderers.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal