collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Wave Jumper with shell, Dabble, Ice Crystal, etc.  (Read 470 times)

Eekay

• Trade Count: (0)
Wave Jumper with shell, Dabble, Ice Crystal, etc.
« on: August 31, 2014, 07:50:43 PM »
Hey there, fellow ponyfans :)

First things first, I have not logged in to the forums in years. Collecting ponies was a cherished hobby in my early adulthood, and even though I still cherish my collection, I have other things keeping me busy lately. But I miss ya'll.

I am a 25 year old woman living alone with a beloved cat. Said cat decided yesterday to get the most serious medical condition it could think of. I don't remember ever seeing a vet's bill this crazy. It's amounting to 2000$ CAN THIS FAR, which means it might go up some more. And my baby's life isn't guaranteed in the end either.

My parents are paying all expenses, because they are amazing like that. They tell me not to worry, that they are happy to do this for me, but I'm very proud as a human and my cat's my real tresure. I want to raise at least a proud amount to shell out on my own, so I can at least feel like I did my part. :)

So there is no rush for me at the moment as my cat's expenses are covered, but one of the ideas I'm considering to raise some extra $$ is, of course, selling a few ponies.

I have a few hundred ponies, with their prices and condition ranging anywhere from 2 bucks to good $$. I have no photos right now, but I want to see if the prices for my ponies have stayed the same, gone up, or went down. Please read my descriptions, and tell me what you think the pretties might be worth! My descriptions are from memory, as my pony room is at my parents. I'm not sure I'll be taking offers for all of these, but for Wave Jumper, it is very likely.

ICE CRYSTAL : Excellent condition. Hair shiny. Looks very good! My favourite... it would be hard to sell him. :) Minor "black mark" of unknown origin on one side, near cutie mark. Comes with its brush. I paid 99$ for him some 5 or 6 years ago. As far as I can tell the price hasn't moved?

WAVE JUMPER WITH SHELL : Shell in great condition, very green and nice. I might have either the comb or brush. Pony isn't horrible, but not great either. She has some faint moldy marks if you look at her carefully. Her hair is dry on the ends. It looks like it's been snipped very slightly. Displays okay especially if you tie the hair with a ribbon. Last I asked, with photos, I got a PC of over 200$ for her if my memory is good.

DABBLE : Very nice condition! Her turquoise hair color is 100% faded, you'd think it was meant to be white. Other than that, minty. I forgot how much she used to be worth at all, I remember it's a pretty penny.

THANK you for the help! :)
Sorry if my forum etiquette is a bit rusty.

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
Re: Wave Jumper with shell, Dabble, Ice Crystal, etc.
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2014, 03:51:26 PM »
Welcome back Eekay! I am so sorry to hear about your kitty :hug: I hope everything works out for you.

Your prices look pretty good.

ICE CRYSTAL : Excellent condition. Hair shiny. Looks very good! Minor "black mark" of unknown origin on one side, near cutie mark. Comes with its brush.
$100-110 minty is about right and add $15 for the brush. So how bad that mark is will depend on how much he drops from here or whether he just sits at the low end of his estimate (I would think the $100 being spot on considering he comes with his brush).

WAVE JUMPER WITH SHELL : Shell in great condition, very green and nice. Pony isn't horrible, but not great either. She has some faint moldy marks if you look at her carefully. Her hair is dry on the ends. It looks like it's been snipped very slightly. Displays okay especially if you tie the hair with a ribbon.
Most of the value is in the shell unfortunately. The ponies have dropped quite a bit in price but the shell will always be up there. $100-110 for the shell plus, normally, $65-75 for the pony if she is in great condition. With the issues you mention unfortunately she is going to drop perhaps down to the $45 mark (rare pony so wont drop all the way).

DABBLE : Very nice condition! Her turquoise hair color is 100% faded, you'd think it was meant to be white. Other than that, minty. I forgot how much she used to be worth at all, I remember it's a pretty penny.
She fell off the radar a little in price not that long ago but has recovered, although not to her highest price. With faded hair she will be $90-100.
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline FantasticFirefly

• Trade Count: (+28)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Loves Accessories!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2014, 04:02:38 PM »
I'd take offers on WJ anyway even with the PC, as you could get lucky too. I shelled out $200 for my upgraded set. For some reason, with the shell she seems to usually be the last one needed to complete a set for collectors.

Eekay

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2014, 10:18:03 AM »
Thank you for the kind words and great advice! I'll see if I can dig up my ponies when I visit my parents, and I'll think about selling the pricey, good looking ones. :) I wonder how many people are still going after these G1 ponies. It seems like the arena changed a lot since the MLP Friendship is Magic series has happened! For the best too, it seems!

:D There is just so much more to collect now.

Offline drusilla

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+91)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Got to love ponies
    • View Profile
    • http://www.undead455.com
« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2014, 10:50:41 AM »
hi

i sent you a pm about your collection and if i can buy it

i also noticed you are from Quebec and so am i, i am wondering if we live close to each. i might even be able to go see you and buy direct and then pick it up.

let me know

Offline drusilla

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+91)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Got to love ponies
    • View Profile
    • http://www.undead455.com
« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2014, 06:00:19 AM »
bump

hoping to meet a fellow quebec collector

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal