collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Question on Mexican Manes: are these rehairs?  (Read 744 times)

SockThief

• Trade Count: (0)
Question on Mexican Manes: are these rehairs?
« on: August 31, 2014, 05:26:37 PM »
Ok, so today I went to a Vintage Toy fest and there were some ponies. There was this lady with some Mexicans. I bought them (the perfume set pony with stars symbol, the pink pony with blue hair and ice cream symbols, and a yellow prince). The thing is I think they have been rehaired.

Why do I think this? Because the "Star Pony" or Twilight that came with the Perfume set, has blue hair. First I thought "Wow! Maybe it is a variant", but then I popped the head and it has clear glue inside it, right on the roots of the mane.

Also, the tail has thread tying the hair and no washer. I know I have found ponies with no washer, because some people remove them, but the inside of the head is what confuses me.

I also bought a Mexican Prince, the hair is white (normal, the pink tends to fade), but it also has glue inside the head right over the roots...

What do you guys think? Are these rehairs? Have you ever seen something similar? Is there a Mexican perfume set pony with blue hair?

Your help will be much appreciated. Thanx! :)

Marce
« Last Edit: August 31, 2014, 05:29:42 PM by SockThief »

Offline kellyponyfeathers

• Trade Count: (+179)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • MLP: Gotta catch 'em all!
    • View Profile
Re: Question on Mexican Manes: are these rehairs?
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2014, 05:44:15 PM »
Recently I got a weird Mexi Firefly that may have a new tail, perhaps from a doll hospital?  The tail's condition was just too good, and the colors were a little off.  When I looked inside, there was no washer, and it was wrapped in a brown plastic string.  Not like I usually see with Aurikens.
Nirvana grails:  Reverse Gusty (upgrade), Peru Windy and Moonstone (upgrade), Brazil TAF upgrades, Argie Powder w/ white hair (upgrade), French Windy and Moondancer (upgrades), Spain TAF's, TE's, and piggies.  These are my biggest wants, but I'm looking for tons more nirvanas, especially Greeks, Brazilians, and Peruvians.  Feel free to PM me for sales or trades.  But please note that I'm also fairly picky.

SockThief

« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2014, 05:49:33 PM »
Recently I got a weird Mexi Firefly that may have a new tail, perhaps from a doll hospital?  The tail's condition was just too good, and the colors were a little off.  When I looked inside, there was no washer, and it was wrapped in a brown plastic string.  Not like I usually see with Aurikens.

Yeah, that is what I thought. I mean, sometimes I have removed the washers because they were too rusty, but I doubt the seller did that, haha, since the ponies were very dirty in general. I think they are rehairs, so I will sell/trade them as such. :)

Thanx!

Marce

Offline LadyGuinevere

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+99)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
    • View Profile
    • Princesses with Dragons Accessory Survey
« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2014, 04:52:00 AM »
I don't recall seeing a star pony with blue hair, but couldn't swear to it. How do the roots compare to other Mexicans - is it very different? It does sound like they could be rehairs.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Visit my Princesses with Dragons Accessory Website
Thanks to SDS for my gorgeous avvie!

Offline pinkkittywinks

• Trade Count: (+452)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • Princess Kittywinks
    • View Profile
    • Etsy ~ Shadow on the Moon
« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2014, 04:52:37 AM »
Do you have pictures on the tail washer and inside the head? :)

Love pkw xxx
RedBubble Etsy Instagram Facebook

Get 10% off your order from my Etsy shop with the code MLPARENA10

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2014, 01:17:54 PM »
Pink hair can fade even right to the roots unfortunately. So sometimes white roots don't necessarily mean that ponies original hair colour was white. Pictures will certainly help :) Cant wait to see them.
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

SockThief

« Reply #6 on: September 03, 2014, 12:40:08 PM »
Pink hair can fade even right to the roots unfortunately. So sometimes white roots don't necessarily mean that ponies original hair colour was white. Pictures will certainly help :) Cant wait to see them.

I hope I have time to take pics today :)

Offline Chi

• Trade Count: (+64)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Shame on them, mistreating such lovely flowers!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 27, 2014, 12:15:50 PM »
Mexican ponies, if I remember correctly, have tails tied with string where it bends and then a washer around the rest of the tail base. It's definitely probable that the tail washer has fallen off from rust, as all my Mexico ponies have had theirs replaced because of this. :)

They don't seem to be too uniform in the manufacturing process and glue wouldn't surprise me either! I'd have to check to see what the inside of my Mexi pony heads look like.
« Last Edit: September 27, 2014, 12:17:29 PM by Chi »
Still LF: Blue-haired G2 Ivy..Help me find my childhood friend!
Have you seen her? :awake:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline pinkkittywinks

• Trade Count: (+452)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • Princess Kittywinks
    • View Profile
    • Etsy ~ Shadow on the Moon
« Reply #8 on: September 29, 2014, 05:50:08 AM »
They don't seem to be too uniform in the manufacturing process and glue wouldn't surprise me either! I'd have to check to see what the inside of my Mexi pony heads look like.

QFT!! There seems to be a lot of variation with the finishing of the Mexican ponies.

Love pkw xxx
RedBubble Etsy Instagram Facebook

Get 10% off your order from my Etsy shop with the code MLPARENA10

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal