collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: The Netherlands and ponies - questions.  (Read 577 times)

Rainfeather

• Trade Count: (0)
The Netherlands and ponies - questions.
« on: August 30, 2014, 01:00:38 PM »
After collecting years, I have a few questions. Regarding my little pony in the Netherlands.

1. Peachy. Peachy everywhere. Italian peachy. She came with the parlor. But there are so, so, so, many peachy's.... I just can't imagine the parlour was bought that much... was she sold in another way? Same with baby cuddles. Lemon drop is also very common, but it feels like in the same rate as the show stable. Not as peachy.

2. Ember. Blue, pink, purple ember. They are mail-orders.
You see them a lot. Like peachy's and baby cuddles, every heard has an ember in them. You rarely see any other mail order pony's though.
I know for a fact that we had a pony club. I used to have a MOC FT wich was a promo-package for this club. I don't know how the mail-order thing worked in the Netherlands. I think we might have NO mail orders (the packages had pony points though) or only for a short period with these embers. but... knowing Dutch people they are fond of free stuff, but very suspicious and don't do this mail-order stuff easily.  I can't imagine all these embers being mail-ordered (unless they were free)... same question... where do they come from?

Thank you.

Offline Ossie

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Mighty Morphin Power Pony
    • View Profile
    • MLP Merch
Re: The Netherlands and ponies - questions.
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2014, 01:21:58 PM »
I also like to know where the Embers come from! I've bought a pink one for my girlfriend a few days ago, and wondered if it was really was a mail order (because I thought that was USA only).
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

MLP Merch Blog | MLP Merch Databases

Offline lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2014, 01:44:10 PM »
Baby Ember also came with a  cassette tape in the North American market... did she have that release in the Netherlands? 
The Bad Trader List

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

Rainfeather

« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2014, 02:19:06 PM »
Baby Ember also came with a  cassette tape in the North American market... did she have that release in the Netherlands?

Didn't that ember have a white star?
I never saw a Dutch MLP casette, but they probably excist.

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2014, 07:57:41 AM »
For Peachy and her playset friends - it is all playset sourced. Most playsets were available multiple years. Its not like now when the playset is out for a year and we dont see it again. Due to their expensive, playsets were released year after year after year unlike a lot of ponies which perhaps were only out once.

Playsets were popular purchases for Christmas, Birthday and special occasions. There are only a handful of playsets to choose from over a year but here are potentially dozens and dozens of single ponies. That means the odds are that most people will have one of the half dozen ponies and their playsets in their childhood collection. Whereas the single ponies they had could be one of dozens due to their being a bigger pool of choices. It all combined to ensure more playset ponies exist in collections than pretty much any single release.

As for Ember; she was only MO but again in Netherlands you had a very limited MO. Ember is prevalent pretty much everywhere she was released. She was a unique starter mail order and I am sure a lot of parents grabbed on the idea; she was also released at the peak of the line which also helped.
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline Starfall

• Colorswirl Pony
  • Keeping Australia Post afloat
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2014, 10:45:01 PM »
Freebies with playsets? I got Art Time and Lemon Drop in bags with the Schoolhouse (in the UK) - despite not being advertised as coming with them.
Tinsel rehairer extraordinaire!

Rainfeather

« Reply #6 on: September 01, 2014, 06:58:13 AM »
Freebies with playsets? I got Art Time and Lemon Drop in bags with the Schoolhouse (in the UK) - despite not being advertised as coming with them.

That's interesting. Never heard of that.
I would like to know more of these stories!
Like that FT lickety split I had wich had to promote the Dutch ponyclub, was priced really really low, so it was clearly an extra promotion release. Now (we had guldens and not euro's that time) the price would be 1,50 euro for that FT promo pony. (1.50-2.00 US dollars).

Offline TornadoTwist

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Author of MLP Merch
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 01, 2014, 08:04:06 AM »
Seems like I got two of the mail order forms of Ember unfilled. Got it in a sale from someone in the Netherlands. But the text is in English and the adress is american. Oh and it expired in 1985 XD
« Last Edit: September 01, 2014, 08:06:09 AM by TornadoTwist »

Offline Moonbreeze

• Trade Count: (+204)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • G2 nut
    • View Profile
    • My personal site
« Reply #8 on: September 01, 2014, 10:19:18 AM »
*drowns in a pool of Peachies*  I think I had 15 at some point o.O But I can't help you. Perhaps you can PM Yum-Yum. He might know :)

Rainfeather

« Reply #9 on: September 01, 2014, 12:33:11 PM »
Seems like I got two of the mail order forms of Ember unfilled. Got it in a sale from someone in the Netherlands. But the text is in English and the adress is american. Oh and it expired in 1985 XD

I can't imagine Dutch people actually ordering them from an American adres in 1985... =/
Didn't you like all have to go to the bank and stuff to pay the shipment costs? Or did Hasbro send them to you for free? (Yikes that must have been costly for Hasbro).

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal