collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: What to do with OLD customs....  (Read 1935 times)

Offline TexasGal

• Cupcake Pony
  • Trade Count: (+158)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Pickle barrel kumquat cherrychanga!!!!
    • View Profile
Re: What to do with OLD customs....
« Reply #15 on: September 02, 2014, 09:39:30 AM »
You know what we should do - we should have an Old Customs swap.  Make a new custom to go with them, send an old custom that we know our partner likes (like have them pick three from a pool of five or something) and then add in a few extras, and have a blast like that!!  It would be a boost to everyone, like a RAOPK and it would be fun for everyone!  Gets new customs to everyone, and we all have a blast!

Offline Stormness_1

• Pony Of Anarchy!
  • Trade Count: (+28)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • I'm not a magical unicorn, you know!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 02, 2014, 02:33:44 PM »
Just wanted to say to all of the customisers on this thread: you do AMAZING work. If dollars were not an issue, I'd buy all of them! Some of the pieces I've seen for sale by you guys are crazy awesome, and if I could justify buying customs right now I'd so buy from you guys! It's not your work that's the issue, nor is it the price - it's completely justified for such great customs. Finding the right buyer with the funds at the time is.. and sadly in this economy even the right buyer doesn't necessarily have the money right away. Please don't ever think that your work is sub-par, because... just in no way!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Sig by Moonbreeze, avi by Sapphire Rain.

Offline puuush

• Trade Count: (+69)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Customizing is my destiny
    • View Profile
    • etsy
« Reply #17 on: September 03, 2014, 04:51:35 AM »
I had the same problem with two of mine. I relisted them to etsy and one is sold now. Even at a higher price than before. And I might try to take the design of the last custom further. Add a new detail or something and then try again.
But I wouldn't completely bait them. That would make me very sad. :) They'll find a home eventually. Good luck.

wanted | etsy Avatar by AnnaPommes, signature by LunaCat. Thank you.

Offline Griffin

• Staff
  • Trade Count: (+89)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • aka Haawan | she/her
    • View Profile
    • Haawan Pony Customs
« Reply #18 on: September 03, 2014, 08:07:12 AM »
I agree with Stormness_1, for the most part it's not the design or quality of work but the economy that is the problem. You will find the right buyer eventually. :)

The only real advice I can give is to only try to create customs you love so much that you won't mind keeping them, even for a short while as you're waiting for the right buyer. Of course I know the situation is a bit different for someone who makes several customs each month than for someone like me who rarely makes more than ten per year... you may run into storage and display problems even if you'd like to keep them. :P

I'm with puuush, it would be sad to bait a pretty pony just because it didn't sell. If there's something about the design that bothers you, try changing that and trying again. Or maybe simply have a new photoshoot, try different angles and backgrounds (if you prefer them over simple white). Finding new venues for selling is also worth trying - Etsy, your friends and family, conventions and meetings and all sorts of happenings you can think of... Sometimes people (esp. non-pony people) are more inclined to buy if they see the item in person so that they can truly appreciate the effort and skill that went into making the piece.

deviantART | Haawan Pony Customs | Aithne reference
Avatar by FizzyScrumptious, signature by tailrustedtealeaf - thank you ♥

Offline Ambar

• Trade Count: (+96)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 05, 2014, 10:18:02 PM »
thanks so much my friends, i´ll keep them a bit more (but i´m sure i will kill at least 3 of them) i´m not interested in trades because honestly  prefer the money
I opened my store on Etsy with my older customs, recently ended my auctions on ebay and i haven´t plans to upload them again, so just have the fb page and will work with that. let´s see what happens

Offline TickledPink

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+98)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 09, 2014, 08:22:09 AM »
DOn't kill em!!! I like to update the look of my old customs. Maybe you can breathe some new life into them!
The weirdo formally known as ImmortalPanda

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal