collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: My Wolf is here and I am 'Crushed' - UPS woes  (Read 615 times)

Offline kCherry

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+244)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • *-* Smart Doll Obsessed *-*
    • View Profile
    • Studio 7th Sanctuary is now on Facebook
My Wolf is here and I am 'Crushed' - UPS woes
« on: August 27, 2014, 07:38:11 AM »

....... I have either developed the Worst luck in shipping services or I live in the most incompetent part of the country.. Or a combo of the two.  :mad: Usually I'm fighting with USPS, but this time it's UPS showing their rear. Pictures say it all,

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

It's not atrocious damage and thank God my Wolf is okay (She's my FIRST Ever After doll! ;; ) and frankly, well it does make her alot easier to debox, which was what I really wanted to do, but, but, but!! Honestly, I don't know if I could have done it if she'd arrived in a non-crushed condition. XD

I thought I would be sick last night when I opened her up.

Waiting to hear from my seller. Anyone know what kinds of insurance policies UPS has and how easy they are to deal with when it comes to claims? I have asked for a partial refund, but have no idea how much to request for this kind of damage. Advice would be greatly appreciated!!

As of now I am unsure who I feel worse for me or my seller. The doll was clearly marked and packaged VERY well with TONS of bubble-wrap.

UPS, you're really giving USPS a run for it's money!!!!!!!!!  >_<
« Last Edit: August 27, 2014, 07:40:09 AM by kCherry »

My Etsy shop O Ponies *** My Youtube Channel

Offline Prismatic

• Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+55)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
Re: My Wolf is here and I am 'Crushed' - UPS woes
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2014, 08:25:56 AM »
That sux :( I hope you can get it sorted out.

We haven't had nearly as much trouble with UPS as Fedex, but I'm betting it's about the same process.  Take lots of pics of the damage, and harass them, seems to be the best way to get somewhere with them >.<  The box clearly says FRAGILE on it too, and it's squished, so you should have some luck.  As far as I know, they offer insurance on all packages (you have to declare the value when you ship with them, if you don't, it defaults to $100.)

We've had Fedex ship back stuff to us that they admitted they damaged, and they still refused to refund us...wut?  AND they charged us to return the package to us!  They got some angry phone calls after that lol.

Offline ponylady

• Trade Count: (+34)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2014, 08:26:33 AM »
 :(

I believe you have only a few days to report damage. I would call UPS asap 1-800-742-5877.  Just make sure to keep all boxes and packing material. When you call you will need the tracking number off your box, a description of the damage and its value. Wait about 30 minutes and then run your tracking number online. It will show that you reported the damage. Once it shows, you then can recontact the seller. I have found that if you do this one little thing before you call them, any of the [you’re just lying to get a discount] attitudes usually change.   Keep in mind, the seller did not break the part, the freight company did so it's important to go through all the proper channels to ensure that you or your seller are not out anything.

I am also pretty sure that all UPS shipments have $100.00 insurance on them for free. It costs the shipper nothing and therefore should cost you nothing. It is automatic on all packages. 
:glitter:visitors can't see pics , please register or login
:glitter:

Thanks LordBlumiere  :heart: for my Baby Believe!
I love Ohio Meat Pie

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
  • Trade Count: (+101)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2014, 08:57:03 AM »
Agree with the above-

The only thing is, I think that to get a refund you have to return the item.

Offline kCherry

• *Arena VIP*
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2014, 09:32:06 AM »
Thanks, lovies. I started the claim process online. It was... only slightly aggravating. XD I'll probably go ahead and make a phone call in another hour or so; I do not want the item returned and I'm not asking for a full refund either- the doll is fine. But, as I put in the items value at what I paid for her that was what the claim automatic put my refund request value at, too. Ummmmm, nooooo. :drunk:

Sooooo, still not entirely sure where to do from here, thus I'll be taking PLs advice and making that call to CS. Ugh. Hate those! LOL

Offline lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 27, 2014, 04:56:54 PM »
First, congrats on your new dolly!  :)

Second, it's good that you were planning to de-box her, because that box is really not packed for fragile items.  There should be duct tape or similar on each and every seam/fold of the box, with three strips around the width part of the box and two on the length.  "FRAGILE" needs to be printed in large block letters on neon-colored labels, with at least three labels on the box.  The doll should have been inside another box, with both MIB doll and inner box being wrapped in bubblewrap. 

I mean, yeah, UPS did squish the box and you should file a claim, but also remember this parcel had to be loaded onto a truck, sent through processing on conveyor belts, put on a pallet with dozens of other parcels, put on another truck, possibly by airplane, through more sorting and trucks. 

Your seller HAS to package your items expecting they're going to be kicked, thrown, smashed, rolled over, crushed by other parcels...  :(  I hope they learn from the experience!
The Bad Trader List

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

Offline Ringlets

• Mrs. Chief
  • Trade Count: (+182)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Be yourself, dare to dream!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 28, 2014, 04:34:38 AM »
:(  UGH! I was hoping your run of damaged parcels had come to an end *siiigh* and it had to go and be a special dolly as well didnt it? thankfully your doll is fine (and huge congrats! recent convert to EAH dollies speaking here BTW! ;) )  but it really annoys me how UPS have smashed up that box.  and  it makes me sad that you're still getting damaged parcels even with another courier  :sad:

I would take PL's advice and make that call :hug:  Please let us know how it goes (and I hope that you get more joy out of UPS than USPS! ) 

:heart: Wanted:heart:
:glitter: :heart: :glitter: CHIEF LOVES RINGLETS FOREVER :glitter: :heart: :glitter:

Offline kCherry

• *Arena VIP*
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 29, 2014, 01:28:47 PM »
  So far, so good. My seller seems very polite and businesslike and UPS has already processed the report to claims so I'm just waiting to hear from the seller with more information. :)

I must say that I found UPS customer service to be quite odd. XD Five minutes on hold to get a "Hello?" when the rep answered the call.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal