collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: What do you do with you accessories?  (Read 1149 times)

Offline pony_magick

• Trade Count: (+14)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
Re: What do you do with you accessories?
« Reply #15 on: August 27, 2014, 03:46:28 PM »
^ Yep, I'd love to display everything together but I don't have enough room for all the ponies let alone my playsets and accessories. I have no idea why I didn't think of putting sets together! It makes so much sense.

My dream would be to have enough room to display everything together but until then please keep the ideas/suggestions coming!
I am a Dreamer/So a Believer

My want list.

squishy turdl

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #16 on: August 27, 2014, 03:59:18 PM »
Lately I just throw up my hands in dismay over my accessories. I've been cataloguing my collection and setting up the pony room, so everything's a bit of a mess. But everything will be bagged and labelled so I know what goes with which pony, and keep track of what I have. The bags all go in storage boxes. But I love setting up displays for holidays and such, and I always use accessories in those.

Elf

Elfie, you made me smile... This is maybe the second, possibly third post I've read where you are talking about trying to catalouge your collection. You'll have to do a post once its finally all organised. I imagine your pony room covered with little elf leaves.. :)

Offline Marlin

• Trade Count: (+48)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 27, 2014, 04:18:03 PM »
I love the idea of organising them by set - good thinking! 

My ponies are crammed as it is in their cabinet, so the only accessories on display are my cookery ponies in their kitchen. The rest are all *ahem* tossed into a retro old 60's toilet bag that used to be my mother's! I don't have many accessories, though, so I feel I can get away with it. I love the fact that they are in there, though - it's where I used to keep my pony accessories as a kid... until I grew up  :blush:  Then they got hidden away with the ponies in a box for years.

The awesome thing though, is that my mum found the bag when she was clearing out recently, and gave it back to me! I cleaned it up and voila - back to its most cherished use!

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline scarletjul

• Trade Count: (+260)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 27, 2014, 04:51:57 PM »
Baggies in a large Rubbermaid container. . .  Except my princess accessories, which have their own special princess box.  :)
Sales on HOLD!
Pony sales!

Offline Elfpony

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+71)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 27, 2014, 05:43:39 PM »

Lately I just throw up my hands in dismay over my accessories. I've been cataloguing my collection and setting up the pony room, so everything's a bit of a mess. But everything will be bagged and labelled so I know what goes with which pony, and keep track of what I have. The bags all go in storage boxes. But I love setting up displays for holidays and such, and I always use accessories in those.

Elf

Elfie, you made me smile... This is maybe the second, possibly third post I've read where you are talking about trying to catalouge your collection. You'll have to do a post once its finally all organised. I imagine your pony room covered with little elf leaves.. :)

Lol!  Don't hold your breath, I don't know how long it will take me, but it will be awhile (and longer, because clearly I'm spending all my time on the Arena talking about cataloguing instead of actually doing the work!). XD

Elf

Offline FarDreamer

• Trade Count: (+37)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
  • The "Mystery" Pony from Firefly's Adventure!
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Preservation Project
« Reply #20 on: August 27, 2014, 05:46:32 PM »
Mine are psychotically organized, categorized, labeled, and kept in individual ziplock bags.  I'm so worried about losing any of them it's borderline obsessive.

:heart:  www.MLPpreservationproject.com  :heart:
A comprehensive resource for information on the restoration
of ponies, accessories, and playsets from all generations!

Offline Ivy

• crazy 'lil alicorn
  • Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+41)
  • MOC Mimic
  • crazy 'lil alicorn
    • View Profile
    • Ponyland Tours
« Reply #21 on: August 28, 2014, 05:34:47 AM »

Displayed with their pony of course!

Check out my Sales!
Avatar thanks to the lovely minercia!

Sprinklecupcake

« Reply #22 on: August 28, 2014, 05:36:02 AM »
The barrettes I actually wear IRL, the other stuff eh cram it into a box :D

Offline kezrob23

• my heart beats true for the Red and the Blue
  • Trade Count: (+17)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 28, 2014, 06:13:32 AM »
For my daughter's accessories (g3& g4) I either print a stock photo off the net, or take a photo myself of pony and accessories and print it off. Then it gets clear contacted to a zip lock bag. That way we know who came with what, and makes clean up time so much easier :biggrin: then all the bags go in a drawer :) she also has a folder that has one page per pony that she owns, it has a pic of the pony, the accessories, eye/hair colour, symbol detail and the back card story. Kinda like the wiki site :)

Offline reanna-mator

• Trade Count: (+87)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Feminist novelist pony
    • View Profile
    • http://reannaking.deviantart.com
« Reply #24 on: August 28, 2014, 08:32:05 AM »
All my G1 stuff is in my G1 carry cases... anything from the other gens is all together in a bin. :)
Breast cancer warrior.  :enraged: I'm now cancer free!

My Wishlist! Help me finish US G1! http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,386264.0.html

Offline Juliepants

• Crazy Pony Lady
  • Trade Count: (+21)
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 28, 2014, 08:46:15 AM »
Ivy, those pictures are amazing! That would be my dream to have them like that! Wonderful!

Jules x

Offline pony_magick

• Trade Count: (+14)
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 28, 2014, 11:24:50 AM »
^ seconded! One day when I have room....
I am a Dreamer/So a Believer

My want list.

TWILIGHTCOOKIE

« Reply #27 on: August 28, 2014, 11:40:09 AM »
Stuff like brushes&combs, diaper, baby play toys are packed away until I move and can display them in glass curios. They are stored in ziplocks with the pony names written in marker. Scented and puffy stickers I keep displayed in a hard plastic card protector. Ribbons, barrettes, boy hats& bandanas and baby necklaces are on the pony.

Offline ashlyne

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+170)
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 29, 2014, 10:55:14 AM »
I use these kind of hardware drawer sets. They are excellent for small accessories and really easy to access.   I organize by accessory type for the most part.  All baby bottles in one drawer, specialty ribbons in another, Happy Tails accessories in another.   Many times, each accessory has a tag or label that says which pony it goes to.  I used greatponies.com 's checklists.   When I was buying large lots of accessories, many times I didn't have the time to sort out whose barrette or comb I had just gotten. So I would pull out those drawers and compared them quickly to what I had. If it was different, I'd keep it.  If I already had one, it'd go into a pile that I could sort later and make sure there wasn't supposed to be more than one pony it went to. 

There are 4 drawer sets in this photo - one mainly for baby accessories, one mainly for rare stuff and foreign accessories, one for brushes and combs, and one for general accessories.   

Ponywear, outfits individually bagged.  Also 4 drawer sets here, even though it looks like two.

These are my "I'll sort through them later" bins.   Anything new gets put into a comb, bin, brush bin, ribbon bin, or other.  Any ribbon or comb that came in with a specific pony gets tagged with that pony's name so I can verify that it belongs to that pony.   Behind the small bins are larger ones, which have the larger baby accessories (strollers, playpens, see-saws, etc).  I also have a big bin for my Pretty Parlor collection accessories (bagged by country or variation) and one for Greek ponywear. That line is so big, it needs it's own large bin!

« Last Edit: August 29, 2014, 10:57:07 AM by ashlyne »

Offline StrawberryScoops

• Trade Count: (+44)
  • Brush N Grow Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 29, 2014, 11:34:22 AM »
Ashlyne I love your photos! I saw pictures before of accessories displayed in cases like yours (they may have even been yours) and that is my goal for organising accessories! I've just never been able to find the cases with small drawers! I've looked at quite a few stores around here too.

Right now my accessories are organized by type in Ziploc bags and stored in a big Rubbermaid. I have bags for combs, brushes, pony wear, pony shoes, barrettes, baby toys, etc. As I don't have too many accessories it's fairly easy to sort through. I was thinking that I'd like to put some of the few barrettes I have into their ponies hair. I've displayed the bushwoolies I have with their princesses.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal