collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: New to Ebay Question  (Read 584 times)

Offline OLumeVaSti

• Trade Count: (+19)
  • Scribbles Pony
  • Grumpy Nesmith should be the next meme.
    • View Profile
    • My Want List
New to Ebay Question
« on: August 18, 2014, 05:37:26 PM »
I had a 3 lots up my My Little Pony Baits. They were listed as bait. Someone bought them and has left me negative Feedback stating that they were in poor shape. Exact words. (These ponies all have faults, haircuts, scuffs, and Cadence missing wings. These ponies are to be used a bait or restoration ponies. No refunds and priority shipping only.) Is there a way to fight that?
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

My Etsy store for vintage and kitsch items.

Offline bluerose9978

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+450)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://www.angelfire.com/oh5/bluerose9978/MLP
Re: New to Ebay Question
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2014, 06:43:30 PM »
Did you have photos and wording in your auction saying they were in poor condition? If so then yes you should be able to get the feedback removed by calling eBay.

Offline OLumeVaSti

• Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
    • My Want List
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2014, 06:47:55 PM »
I did. I even put in to be use for customization only. I think someone just didn't read and bought them. Now, they are ticked about it. Ugh, it irks me. Thanks for the advice, I will phone in tomorrow.

Offline Ringlets

• Mrs. Chief
  • Trade Count: (+182)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Be yourself, dare to dream!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2014, 04:40:02 AM »
*nod nod* Like Bluerose said - if its clear in your auction that these ponies have faults etc then you should be able to get that bad feedback removed. Do contact ebay and get them to look into it - a phone call is definitely the best and quickest way  ;) :hug:
  I'm sorry you have had to deal with an inconsiderate buyer though!   They should have read the auction and checked the pics first and contacted you first about the condition. No communication and then leaving bad feedback is a no no. 

:heart: Wanted:heart:
:glitter: :heart: :glitter: CHIEF LOVES RINGLETS FOREVER :glitter: :heart: :glitter:

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2014, 01:17:26 PM »
:( Its very disappointing when people buy and then complain even after you have detailed images and description. I hope you manage to get it sorted out. As a note (especially when selling newer generation ponies) try not to use community only phrases like "bait". A lot of people simply wont understand what it means - I know its a nuisance but I have encountered this with G4 sales over the years - some people are buying ponies as toys, dont read beyond a title and dont understand the words we use.

I hope you manage to get everything sorted!
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline FantasticFirefly

• Trade Count: (+28)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Loves Accessories!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 19, 2014, 02:37:30 PM »
Bait is a unique term to collectors, ebay is filled with non-collectors who buy ponies as well. Sadly, you likely aren't covered in this case if you only used the term bait and didn't emphasize that these are in terrible shape. You can perhaps see if the buyer is willing to return them and have FB removed if that were the case? If you also used language everyone understands like "poor" "terrible" "abused condition". Shown images of flaws and marks otherwise clear about these being bad in the description then I sure hope you can get that FB removed!

I always had good luck on ebay in the past, being detailed and overstating rather then understating flaws. if a pony had some coarseness to her hair I said it was dry and coarse, I also never said "a clean should fix this" because, well, it might not.  Sadly one has to overstate flaws with ebay.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2014, 05:13:21 PM by FantasticFirefly »

Offline OLumeVaSti

• Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
    • My Want List
« Reply #6 on: August 19, 2014, 06:45:57 PM »
I actually stated that they were for and the shape they were in. Yes, bait was in the description to attract people looking for bait but, I went in describe the condition and what that meant.

Offline Ringlets

• Mrs. Chief
  • Trade Count: (+182)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Be yourself, dare to dream!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 20, 2014, 03:28:59 AM »
I actually stated that they were for and the shape they were in. Yes, bait was in the description to attract people looking for bait but, I went in describe the condition and what that meant.

If you had just stated Bait or only used collector terms to describe the ponies then you probably wouldnt be able to do anything  - but since you stated the flaws/condition in the description then your buyer shouldnt be allowed to leave that feedback. Ebay will remove it :awake:

:heart: Wanted:heart:
:glitter: :heart: :glitter: CHIEF LOVES RINGLETS FOREVER :glitter: :heart: :glitter:

Offline FantasticFirefly

• Trade Count: (+28)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Loves Accessories!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 20, 2014, 07:20:00 AM »
Oh good! I hope ebay can get it removed promptly. In the meantime I wouldn't worry much, many buying look at the FB and if a neg is there check the item for it (or the sellers comment) and have no issues bidding from sellers that had some obvious bad buyers. I come across that a lot when shopping.

Offline kakenterprise

• Trade Count: (+65)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 20, 2014, 07:44:36 AM »
I'd also add that user to your block list, to prevent having to deal with them again in the possible future. 

Online lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 20, 2014, 05:35:22 PM »
Ugh that is just terrible!  :(
The Bad Trader List

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal