collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Is this even right?  (Read 413 times)

Offline True

• Eartha Uncorn
  • Trade Count: (+98)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Unicorn of the earth
    • View Profile
    • Truly Customs
Is this even right?
« on: August 13, 2014, 09:25:19 AM »
I wasn't sure if this would go in WYP or .. somewhere else, but it just seemed kinda OT to me, so im sorry if this is in the wrong place. lol

So I frequent tumblr, I see a lot of product advertisements, I usually ignore them as scams. One seemed a little more hopeful, so I checked it out. Now I feel like a total idiot. I have always had trouble with my skin, even if I wash every day, I always seem to have one or two bumps on my face, and skin is dry... Iv tried so many products in my teen years that now iv more or less given it up and done the best with it.

So anyway everyone was raving about this product, even a few people I know personally. I went to their website where they claim to give you a free months worth. Well I figured at least that I could just read about it on the website. I entered my information before I realized I didn't have even the $5 for S&H. Now this information did not include any credit/payment information... I NEVER got to anything that said "checkout" or "pay" or anything like that because as soon as I realized I needed to pay S&H I backed out!

I left the site for another day, and forgot about it. NOW I'm getting phone calls asking for money, of an order I placed but didn't pay for. OK?! Why would a company even start sending out orders before it had payment information?

I told the guy that I have NO money, I don't OWN credit cards, and that there was no way that I could pay him for this product "That I never ordered." He kept insisting that I pay up, or even use a friends credit card!? is that even legal? I told him to cancel the order, because, once again, I never made an order. He claims he cant because its already been sent for delivery. Eventually he got the picture, that I wouldn't be paying for this and said "ok have a nice day," and hung up.

So what do I do know, is he going to try a different more serious method of getting me to pay, or do I get totally free skin treatment? I'm kinda scared I guess..
:heart: My Sales Thread :heart:
Toola Roola Avatar by Pikashoes!

Offline Cool.Breeze

• Trade Count: (+24)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Is this even right?
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2014, 09:37:14 AM »
Refuse it at the door, find out where they're located and if a parcel comes that you're not expecting check the return address. It seems scammy and fishy to me as no legit company would ship a product before securing payment.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline True

• Eartha Uncorn
  • MOC Mimic
  • Unicorn of the earth
    • View Profile
    • Truly Customs
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2014, 09:41:30 AM »
Thats what I thought, but a lot of my friends have actually had such good results from this product. >.<
I'm usually not around when mail comes, so I guess I can just bring it back to the post office. He also never said to return the product... I think I would feel bad keeping it though?

Offline Emberfly

• Trade Count: (+57)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • I Want to Sticker the World!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2014, 09:52:05 AM »
I'd return it.  It's also very poor business to send an order that wasn't finalized.  Very odd.  It seems like a scam but maybe it's not, or, maybe it's a real product but this supplier is a scam.  I know you want to try this product so that's disappointing.  Maybe you can try it in the future if you get money to try it.  From what you told me, it doesn't sound like he's going to go after you for the money or harass you any more if you send back the product.   Now, if it hasn't been sent and stuff...  But it seems like a lot of fuss for $5.
Thank you to SquarePeg for my beautiful avi.

flyawayraven

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2014, 10:04:49 AM »
If they're sending you to collections for a $5 S&H fee, that cancels out any value the product has IMO.

The collector really can't do anything to you, other than constantly call you. But why on earth would they hound you over such a trivial amount as $5?!

Then again Comcast sent me to collections for $14 so maybe I shouldn't be surprised. -_-

Offline melodys_angel

• Trade Count: (+21)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 13, 2014, 10:06:51 AM »
Where did your friends get the product? If it was online, was it the same place? Or was it at an actual store or center island in a mall?

That seems shifty.  Why in their right mind would they send something without shipment?  No legit company would do that.

If you get something in the mail, id return it, but also do your research with the BBB. If they are harassing you for an order you never put out (and if they do try to take serious action against you for it, or even try to do something with your information), they will want to know about it.  Id also call them out for trying to get you to use someone else's CC ><

Im sorry this happened to you :(  Hopefully no package comes and it was just some moron trying to get money.

ETA: If you do receive it and return it, ofcorse make sure you have documented proof <3

TY to the respective artists for my Destiny art :)  YAY MA finally managed to re-upload her stuff!

Offline MoondancerMilkyWay

• Trade Count: (+20)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • you've got to pony while the pony is pony!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 13, 2014, 10:08:43 AM »
you can write on it in big bold black letters (Sharpie) RETURN TO SENDER even if you aren't home to get it and bring it back to the post office (or wherever you can drop it off) and it will go back to them.
as for products that work...have you tried neutrogena oil free acne wash pink grapefruit? st ives apricot scrub? facial mud masks at home? astringent? regular soap and water?
and using a moisturizer? I found that when i used a moisturizer my skin didn't get as oily and i had fewer breakouts and random ugliness (aside from my every-day ugly)
~I've got a fever, and the only prescription is more ponies! I gotta have more ponies!~
"I'm not going to buy every Malibu Stacy with a hat"  - ponyqueen

Offline True

• Eartha Uncorn
  • MOC Mimic
  • Unicorn of the earth
    • View Profile
    • Truly Customs
« Reply #7 on: August 13, 2014, 10:20:55 AM »
Yes they all ordered it from the same website, I guess though they all just went straight in with the plan of actually getting it so they never had this problem?

Ill bring it back to the post office, like everyone suggests. I'm sure there are many new things I could try.

Moondancer: xD Iv actually tried most of that, I even loved the neutrogena pink grapefruit, but i got the dry skin issue with it. I might try the st. ives apricot scrub. Regular soap and water is what iv always used, THEN id use whatever skin treatment i was trying out at the time on top of that.

I dont get many breakouts, I mean compared to when I was a teen, but thats pretty typical lol. now its just one or two spots. Oddly enough xD I'm almost clear while I type this. (typical) but maybe thats because of a recent lifestyle change and the lack of junkfood/drinks. Anyway, I'm going to give a few of those products a try, at least I can get them in a store and not deal with someone hounding me for $5 xD.

Offline Spectrum

• Trade Count: (+32)
  • Scribbles Pony
  • no bass in the jazz room
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 13, 2014, 10:37:04 AM »
I'll chime in with everyone else about bringing it back to the post office.

Have you ever tried Clinique acne wash? It works wonders for me.

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 13, 2014, 10:42:51 AM »
that sounds very fishy, if you receive it, and you may not because they may be trying to scam money off you, I would write down the address first, take pictures, send it back, record any further conversations and warn them that if they don't stop harassing you, you will report them.

btw tomato unseasoned tomato paste, oatmeal and lemon juice blended together makes a wonderful, cheap face mask. the lemon juice evens out skin tone, the tomato sauce draws out impurities and the oatmeal softens your skin
« Last Edit: August 13, 2014, 10:44:56 AM by Leave a Whisper »
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline kaoskat

• Trade Count: (+224)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • Happy & Odd OT & Customs Mod
    • View Profile
    • kaoskat's Customs FB page
« Reply #10 on: August 13, 2014, 12:04:01 PM »
Yeah that doesn't seem right at all. Definitely send that stuff back. So not worth the headache!

kaoskat's Customs FB Page, please like!Commissions open & custom trades OPEN!
kaoskat's Sales :hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster:

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
  • Trade Count: (+101)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 13, 2014, 12:08:33 PM »
That sounds odd-  I can't comment as to the legality of it because I don't know what exactly you entered or signed up for.  But it sounds like you inadvertently signed up for a subscription of some sort?

I would get on the phone to someone right away and let them know what happened, and that they need to cancel the subscription that you never even finalized.

Don't keep the product, send it back.

Offline True

• Eartha Uncorn
  • MOC Mimic
  • Unicorn of the earth
    • View Profile
    • Truly Customs
« Reply #12 on: August 13, 2014, 12:42:18 PM »
That sounds odd-  I can't comment as to the legality of it because I don't know what exactly you entered or signed up for.  But it sounds like you inadvertently signed up for a subscription of some sort?

I would get on the phone to someone right away and let them know what happened, and that they need to cancel the subscription that you never even finalized.

Don't keep the product, send it back.

I mean i already did that, when they called me, i tried to tell them to cancel it because, 1. i never ordered anything, meaning i never hit "check out" or entered any payment info, and 2. I dont have a credit card with $5 on it anyway.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal