collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: SoCal Collectors - Meetup?  (Read 1226 times)

Online Snapdragon

• Trade Count: (+103)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
SoCal Collectors - Meetup?
« on: August 11, 2014, 06:45:33 PM »
Hi everyone! I know someone else was putting up a 'feelers' thread, but they seem to have lost interest, so I thought I'd make one of my own!

So how about it: who would be interested in meeting other collectors in SoCal? I'd love to get a rough number of those who are interested, what kind of events you'd like to do, what areas you're willing to drive to, and what days work best for you! I was thinking a weekend might be best for everyone, especially with school starting up again.

I've also been brainstorming a lot of fun games we could do! I was thinking a gift swap/White Elephant, buying and trading ponies (of course!), maybe some trivia, a custom contest? I also thought a 'speed customizing' contest might be fun, LOL! Or just hanging out and getting lunch somewhere! Lemme know what you think! ^_^
Commissions and sales are currently closed due to pandemic.~*~Sales!~*~Want List ~*~JAFFACAKE!

Offline BabyMedley

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+60)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
Re: SoCal Collectors - Meetup?
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2014, 10:24:14 AM »
Count me in! I could also host an event, if needed.

Weekends are best.  I have no customizing skills so just hanging out would work for me.
BabyMedley

I'm at almost 2,500 ponies!
Former Chair of Equestria LA
Follow me on Twitter: caycifish!

Online Snapdragon

• G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2014, 04:45:47 PM »
Count me in! I could also host an event, if needed.

Weekends are best.  I have no customizing skills so just hanging out would work for me.

Woot woot!! ;) That's nice of you to offer, too, thanks! But I think customizing contests are MORE fun when people don't know what to do! XD
Commissions and sales are currently closed due to pandemic.~*~Sales!~*~Want List ~*~JAFFACAKE!

Offline xeevee

• Trade Count: (+159)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://x-eevee.deviantart.com
« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2014, 05:29:26 PM »
Yeah, I'd be up for a meet. Probably won't customise anything but I have some ponies that need new homes before I move back to Australia next year.  And I always love meeting collectors.

Offline Corona

• Eohippus Pony
  • Trade Count: (+33)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Japanifornia Attorney Spokespony
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2014, 07:48:55 PM »
I'd be down for this. I've been organizing and attending really casual brony meets through SoCal Bronies (I'm hosting a meet at the LA International Tea Festival this weekend!) but a collector meet would be great.

I'm usually the one in charge of bringing the games. The biggest hit of my collection (Cards Against Humanity) may not be the most appropriate so I'll see if I can get my hands on the nicer version.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Duster reference]

Offline PrincessTiffy

• Trade Count: (+233)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 12, 2014, 10:19:47 PM »
Sounds fun! I might be in, depends on where it is, the little one doesn't like to long of car rides. If it's within an hours drive I would love to go, if it's farther will have to think about it.

Online Snapdragon

• G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 12, 2014, 11:16:18 PM »
Yeah, I'd be up for a meet. Probably won't customise anything but I have some ponies that need new homes before I move back to Australia next year.  And I always love meeting collectors.

That would be awesome! We'd be glad to have you! :)

I'd be down for this. I've been organizing and attending really casual brony meets through SoCal Bronies (I'm hosting a meet at the LA International Tea Festival this weekend!) but a collector meet would be great.

I'm usually the one in charge of bringing the games. The biggest hit of my collection (Cards Against Humanity) may not be the most appropriate so I'll see if I can get my hands on the nicer version.

Ooh, good for you! Have fun at the tea festival! Your idea for CAH is a good one! Depends on who would be interested in playing though - I know it can get a little bawdy, so maybe Apples to Apples would be a safer bet? Can't hurt to bring it though!

Sounds fun! I might be in, depends on where it is, the little one doesn't like to long of car rides. If it's within an hours drive I would love to go, if it's farther will have to think about it.

I know for myself, I was thinking Orange County, but IDK where everyone lives. It'd be great to find a central location to everyone!

Offline goddessofpeep

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 13, 2014, 01:01:18 AM »
I'm interested depending on the timing and if I can reserve a very large chunk of tables for my trade/sales stuff.  I can't even describe how much stuff I have for trade/sale.  My husband's going a bit nuts here with it all.  He'll be overjoyed if I can get rid of some of it:p  I've been amassing stuff for *years*.  The last time I opened my trade bin was at the 2005 Fair, and I've been very busy since then:/  All generations, accessories, stickers, petites, ponywear - you name it, I've got piles of it.

I'm mostly interested in trading/selling.  I like games too:)  I'm not big into customizing(I stink at it:p).  I mainly like to meet other collectors, chat, and trade.   I'm in the general LA area(the Valley area more specifically).

Offline xeevee

• Trade Count: (+159)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://x-eevee.deviantart.com
« Reply #8 on: August 13, 2014, 09:10:55 AM »
Orange County would be a good middle place for sure.  Or Irvine.  Somewhere around that area.

I also should let you know I won't be able to come between the 23rd of September and the middle of October (can't remember the exact last day) as I'll have family visiting from Australia.  I'll let you know the last date.  Obviously the meet will be when it is, but if that could be kept in mind I'd appreciate it.

Online Snapdragon

• G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 13, 2014, 07:26:33 PM »
I'm interested depending on the timing and if I can reserve a very large chunk of tables for my trade/sales stuff.  I can't even describe how much stuff I have for trade/sale.  My husband's going a bit nuts here with it all.  He'll be overjoyed if I can get rid of some of it:p  I've been amassing stuff for *years*.  The last time I opened my trade bin was at the 2005 Fair, and I've been very busy since then:/  All generations, accessories, stickers, petites, ponywear - you name it, I've got piles of it.

I'm mostly interested in trading/selling.  I like games too:)  I'm not big into customizing(I stink at it:p).  I mainly like to meet other collectors, chat, and trade.   I'm in the general LA area(the Valley area more specifically).

Hmm, I was thinking we might set up at a food court somewhere... One possibility, we could have a mini 'car boot sale'? Everyone puts their sales stuff in their trunks, and we all park close to each other? ^^; I'm not sure what else to do, TBH! We'll figure it out!

PolkaDot99

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #10 on: August 13, 2014, 07:56:38 PM »
Sounds like lots of fun!  :)

Offline PrincessTiffy

• Trade Count: (+233)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 13, 2014, 08:54:02 PM »
Orange County could work for me

Offline gemini_pony

• Trade Count: (+38)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • <3 Pony Time!! <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 13, 2014, 09:03:17 PM »
Oh I was the one putting out feelers. But I have just been so busy >.<; I would love to attend if you had one. Orange County would be awesome!

I will be gone part of sept.

Offline Mkia

• Chihuahua Momma
  • Trade Count: (+57)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Flying zebra!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 30, 2014, 11:39:05 AM »
Is this still something being worked on? I live in Phoenix, but it's only a 5 hour drive. I could possibly be persuaded to come if the timing is right lol.

Online Snapdragon

• G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 30, 2014, 12:33:15 PM »
Is this still something being worked on? I live in Phoenix, but it's only a 5 hour drive. I could possibly be persuaded to come if the timing is right lol.

Wow, you are a devoted pony!! :heart: We'd love to have you, for sure! :)

I'm definitely still interested, I was sorta waiting to hear from more people too! ^^ Thanks for bumping this for me! If anyone has any specific requests or desires for a meeting, I'd love to hear them!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal