collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Nostalgia  (Read 3171 times)

Offline Roseprincess1

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Nostalgia
« Reply #15 on: August 09, 2014, 10:18:00 PM »
OK.. i feel TOTALLY weird saying this but.. umm.. I am just now getting into TMNT.. I never saw any of the original stuff and i remember the 1990's cartoon but i was so busy in college i didnt have time for it.. sides TF's took up all of my spare time and cash.
well TF's have fallen a bit flat in the toy department lately.. thankfully ponies have still been around to get hasbro their share o my cash.
but I accidentally discovered the new cartoon a couple of weeks ago on Nicolodeon.
ITS GOOD.
I havent seen this movie yet but I think i am something of a rarity on this.. I dont have any preconcived notions about how they should be this that or the other
So honestly this thing looks pretty cool to me.
I mean.. they look really intimidating and very heroic actually... there is definately some flavor of man of steel and dark Knight on them.. which isnt a bad thing mind.
It looks to me l ike its going to be an awesome movie and i cant wait till i can get to see it.
if i lik eit ya know i may check out some of the older stuff!
i hear its good too!

Offline Haruna

• Ninja Pony
  • Trade Count: (+64)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Many thanks to Nence for my beautiful avatar!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 10, 2014, 02:20:35 PM »
I havent seen this movie yet but I think i am something of a rarity on this.. I dont have any preconcived notions about how they should be this that or the other
I mean.. they look really intimidating and very heroic actually... there is definately some flavor of man of steel and dark Knight on them.. which isnt a bad thing mind.
It looks to me l ike its going to be an awesome movie and i cant wait till i can get to see it.
i hear its good too!

Awesome! :) You know, if anyone wants to see the older movies and you can't find them anywhere else, you could try the library; I actually got my copy from my library. Maybe there's a librarian turtle fan!   

On a side note: Does anyone else think it's pretty funny that in the first movie they stick the wounded Raphael in the bathtub? As a child I don't remember wondering about this, although the scene stuck in my mind because it was sad, but why would they awkwardly stick him in the bathtub and not apparently deal with any bruises/bleeding/broken bones he might have? :lol: He's just kind of hanging out there . . .

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Beldarna

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://www.freewebs.com/beldarna
« Reply #17 on: August 11, 2014, 03:58:50 AM »
I loved them as a kid. They showed the cartoon every evening during the week together with James Bond Junior, and I watched it after dinner right before bed. We had all three action movies as well, but the one I remember most of is when they travel back to feudal Japan. My brother had two dolls as well, Donatello and Rafael and we played with them together with my MLPs. Donatello and Sundance were best pals, lol. I'm actually gonna see the new remake tonight and I am so excited!

Oh, god! I just remember that I even had a sticker book with them! I don't know what it's called but you bought a sort of comicbook and then bought packets with numbered stickers and put them in the book on blank spots which had the same numbers as the stickers and you could trade the stickers you already had to ones you didn't with your friends. I wonder if I still have that one somewhere.

Offline MikeysGrrrl

• Penguin Snuggle Pony
  • Trade Count: (+95)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Whatever you become, be an amazing one!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 11, 2014, 05:10:21 AM »
If anyone is wanting to watch the older films and is having difficulty finding the links for them online, I have found decent links for watching them, I just wasn't sure if we were allowed to post them or not.

Gloomygirl777

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #19 on: August 11, 2014, 08:48:56 AM »
i hear its good too!

Awesome! :) You know, if anyone wants to see the older movies and you can't find them anywhere else, you could try the library; I actually got my copy from my library. Maybe there's a librarian turtle fan!   

On a side note: Does anyone else think it's pretty funny that in the first movie they stick the wounded Raphael in the bathtub? As a child I don't remember wondering about this, although the scene stuck in my mind because it was sad, but why would they awkwardly stick him in the bathtub and not apparently deal with any bruises/bleeding/broken bones he might have? :lol: He's just kind of hanging out there . . .

:lol: :lol: Why did I never wonder about this either?? This was like my favorite part of the movie when I was a kid...but your're right...looking back on it, my goodness couldn't they have at least put him in a bed??

Offline Flitter

• Trade Count: (+74)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 11, 2014, 09:44:06 AM »
:lol: :lol: Why did I never wonder about this either?? This was like my favorite part of the movie when I was a kid...but your're right...looking back on it, my goodness couldn't they have at least put him in a bed??
I don't know why but I always rationalized it like, that because he's a turtle he needed to be in water to be comfortable.

I like TMNT but I'm apprehensive of the new movie. I don't plan on going to see it. I remember when I was a kid my best friend's brother loved the turtles and he had a TMNT mural on a wall of his room (Their mom painted their rooms in accordance to their favorite movies. My friend had The Little Mermaid.)
One year I went to Reno and walked by some random store that was doing a wheel spinning game outside to rustle up business (you could win like a coupon, or keychain or whatever) I won my choice of a VHS tape out of a box of used vhs and picked out Ninja Turtles. I was so excited to get it. Imagine my disappointment when we got back, opened it up and there was not TMNT inside the case but, I don't even remember...like some weird wrestling work out tape. It got tossed I think.
I love the first movie though and now own it on DVD. (Isn't Casey Jones just adorable!) I have the 2nd also and I remember watching the cartoon as a kid.
Is it just me or are there scenes in that trailer that aren't in the movie?
« Last Edit: August 11, 2014, 09:47:24 AM by Flitter »

Offline Beldarna

• Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 11, 2014, 12:56:13 PM »
Ok, so I loved the new movie. It was full of humour and just awesome. The only dislike was Shredder Scissorhands but the rest felt spot on.

Offline Roseprincess1

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 13, 2014, 06:49:00 AM »
Ok, so I loved the new movie. It was full of humour and just awesome. The only dislike was Shredder Scissorhands but the rest felt spot on.
Saw it l ast night.. Twas awesome!
GOOD NIGHT six foot tall red eared sliders.. I will never look at pics of fonze ( my pet red eared from child hood) the same way again!
Over all i thought it was fun and VERY funny. I really loved the personalities of the turtles, they were all so funny.
I may go back and see the original ones now, i would like to know more.
I am totally gonna get this when it comes out on dvd.

Offline Beldarna

• Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 13, 2014, 08:46:43 AM »
GOOD NIGHT six foot tall red eared sliders.. I will never look at pics of fonze ( my pet red eared from child hood) the same way again!
Over all i thought it was fun and VERY funny. I really loved the personalities of the turtles, they were all so funny.

The elevatorscene is now a favorite and a classic in my book.

Offline Roseprincess1

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 15, 2014, 09:21:56 AM »

The elevator rap was PRICELESS!! i was like... Nope they arent four 15 year old guys at all are they? ::Giggles like crazy person::
I loved the gag with the 99 cheeze pizza too.. poor michaelangelo.
over all it was fun, and cute and i heard the second one has already gotten the go ahead.

Offline gemini_pony

• Trade Count: (+38)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • <3 Pony Time!! <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 16, 2014, 12:06:03 AM »

The elevator rap was PRICELESS!! i was like... Nope they arent four 15 year old guys at all are they? ::Giggles like crazy person::
I loved the gag with the 99 cheeze pizza too.. poor michaelangelo.
over all it was fun, and cute and i heard the second one has already gotten the go ahead.

I just loved the whole movie!!! <3 I love Mikey.

Offline Haruna

• Ninja Pony
  • Trade Count: (+64)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Many thanks to Nence for my beautiful avatar!
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 17, 2014, 02:05:11 PM »
Hmm, now I'm tempted to see the movie . . . critics may have been harsher on the movie than viewers.

Offline Shenanigans

• Trade Count: (+73)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 17, 2014, 03:01:47 PM »
I just saw the new movie yesterday :biggrin: Mikey was my fave and he was my fave in the original cartoon series as well :) I've never seen the other movie but now I want to!
My Wish List

Offline MilkyTaroMochi

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Ivy is best pony. <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 18, 2014, 02:14:28 PM »
Hmm, now I'm tempted to see the movie . . . critics may have been harsher on the movie than viewers.
I do recommend that you see the movie. To me, it's not as bad as some critic make it out to be. Just dont go in there expecting it to be a perfect 10 movie, and you should be able to enjoy it. :) i felt it was a fun movie to watch.
Thank you so much for the adoptable, Corona! :D

Offline Mirnyj

• Siamese PurrPony
  • Trade Count: (+38)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • A house is not a home without a siamese cat
    • View Profile
    • My Blog (in finnish)
« Reply #29 on: August 18, 2014, 02:21:17 PM »
It's funny that you started this thread, hubby and I saw a preview for the new movie and talked about how we thought the new version of the turtles almost makes them look frightening compared to what we grew up with.

I actually laughed my butt off when I first saw the trailer, it's like 'Middle Aged Mutant Ninja Turtles - Now On Steroids'! : :lmao:

instagram ~ facebook ~ online store

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal