collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Vintageponysunny/mlpsunny/sunnyloveus: Beware of this buyer and seller!  (Read 20783 times)

Offline SeashellnBubbles

• Trade Count: (+170)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Tears are the last refuge of the damned
    • View Profile
Re: Vintageponysunny/mlpsunny/sunnyloveus: Beware of this buyer and seller!
« Reply #180 on: August 14, 2014, 08:09:51 AM »
I think he's being vague simply because he can't give you a definative answer until after they review it...and they won't review it until tomorrow. It's a common way to be non-committal, especially since he doesn't positively know how things will play out. I wouldn't be worried about it yet. Have a little more patience and see how it goes, though i do believe whatever your outcome will be the template for everyone else's case, pretty much :/

Offline Lorelei Redfern

• Sprinkles Obsessed
  • Trade Count: (+104)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: August 14, 2014, 08:13:52 AM »
its not patiance that worrys me here. patiance i have ><   its the fact i've been issued a  "refund"   before adn they never sent it becuae it was never in there account. they   simply abanded that account and made a new one.

it threw me off becuase ont he  thing it said they had untilt he 13th  to respond.  but we'll see what happens.

you apperntly have more fiath in them then i do at this point seashell.

though he DID say that sicne shes  made no attempt  at  contact that we will more hten liekly win the cases.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline bluerose9978

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+450)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://www.angelfire.com/oh5/bluerose9978/MLP
« Reply #182 on: August 14, 2014, 08:16:07 AM »
If PayPal was smart they would have frozen their funds when the disputes started.

Offline MoondancerMilkyWay

• Trade Count: (+20)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • you've got to pony while the pony is pony!
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: August 14, 2014, 08:18:13 AM »
I thought that if there was no money in their account you would get a refund, you know, next time there was money in their paypal account. which she shouldnt be stupid enough to ever do....
~I've got a fever, and the only prescription is more ponies! I gotta have more ponies!~
"I'm not going to buy every Malibu Stacy with a hat"  - ponyqueen

Offline Lorelei Redfern

• Sprinkles Obsessed
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: August 14, 2014, 08:22:21 AM »
I thought that if there was no money in their account you would get a refund, you know, next time there was money in their paypal account. which she shouldnt be stupid enough to ever do....

but  if she abadons he account and doesnt use it aigan. its super easy to make a new account. and whala   even though  we     will "get" the refund we wont get he money. or maybe i'm just beign too pessimestic about the whole thing.

Offline snwbear24

• Trade Count: (+40)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: August 14, 2014, 08:26:12 AM »
Yea I think what happens is their account goes negative with the amout being refunded and A. They have to put money in to get out of Red. B. they also will be sending her tons of mail to the address on the PayPal. Unfortunately she can ignore those and it will just go away. Paypal is commited though. Only thing she can't use that email for a PayPal account ever again. But, you guys will be getting your refunds it's Paypals policy when stuff like this happens.
Looking For these to complete my G4's!!  :biggrin:
Royal Gem Carriage w/ Star Swirl

Looking For these G1's to complete US collection!!
Bushwoolies- Cheery, Hugster, and Chumster

• View Profile
« Reply #186 on: August 14, 2014, 09:39:23 AM »
I'm not seeing a lot of things here in the TOS other than that potentially maybe they will overdraw her account and that there is a chargeback fee she is also supposed to pay. I imagine that they would then take her to collections?

FOUND IT!!

10. Your Liability - Actions We May Take.
10.1 Your Liability.

General. You are responsible for all Reversals, Chargebacks, Claims, fees, fines, penalties and other liability incurred by PayPal, a User, or a third party caused by or arising out of your breach of this Agreement, and/or your use of the PayPal Services. You agree to reimburse PayPal, a User, or a third party for any and all such liability.
Liability for Claims under PayPal Purchase Protection. If you are a Seller and PayPal makes a final decision that you lose a Claim filed directly with PayPal, you will be required to reimburse PayPal for your liability. Your liability will include the full purchase price of the item plus the original shipping cost (and in some cases you may not receive the item back). You will not receive a refund of your PayPal fees. PayPal Seller protection may cover your liability—see Section 11 (Protection for Sellers) below.

If a buyer files a Significantly Not as Described (SNAD) Claim for an item they purchased from you, you will generally be required to accept the item back and refund the buyer the full purchase price plus original shipping costs. You will not receive a refund of your PayPal fees. Further, if you lose a SNAD Claim because we, in our sole discretion, reasonably believe the item you sold is counterfeit, you will be required to provide a full refund to the buyer and you will not receive the item back (it will be destroyed). PayPal Seller protection will not cover your liability.
Liability for claims filed under eBay’s Buyer Protection resolution process. If you are an eBay Seller, eBay requires that you comply with the eBay Buyer Protection resolution process. As such, you have provided eBay with permission to make a final decision on a claim that a buyer files against you directly with eBay. If eBay makes a final decision that you lose a claim, you agree to allow PayPal to remove funds from your Account including funds held in non-U.S balances which will be converted to USD at the then prevailing currency exchange rate in order to reimburse your buyer or eBay for your liability. eBay Buyer Protection claims filed directly with eBay are not covered by PayPal Seller protection. Please see the eBay Buyer Protection policy for more information. You will not receive a refund of your PayPal fees. If your Balance is not sufficient to reimburse your buyer or eBay, PayPal will place a hold on your Account until the earlier of: (1) when sufficient funds are added to your Balance to reimburse eBay for your liability at which time we will reimburse eBay in full, or (2) 20 Days from the date of eBay's decision that you lose the claim at which time we will remove your Balance to partially reimburse eBay for your liability.
If you do not want to allow PayPal to reimburse eBay for your liability, you may opt-out by calling eBay at 1-866-643-0898. Your opt-out will be effective within 3 Business Days. If you opt-out then eBay will not use your Account to recover amounts that you owe due to an eBay claim that you lost. This opt-out will not affect other amounts that you pay to eBay using your Account (such as your eBay fees).

10.2 Reimbursement for Your Liability. In the event that you are liable for any amounts owed to PayPal, PayPal may immediately remove such amounts from your Balance. If you do not have a Balance that is sufficient to cover your liability, your remaining Balance (if any) will be removed, your Account will have negative Balance up to the amount of your liability, and you will be required to immediately add funds to your Balance to eliminate the negative Balance. If you do not do so, PayPal may engage in collection efforts to recover such amounts from you.

10.3 Actions by PayPal - Restricted Activities. If PayPal, in its sole discretion, believes that you may have engaged in any Restricted Activities, we may take various actions to protect PayPal, eBay, other Users, other third parties, or you from Reversals, Chargebacks, Claims, fees, fines, penalties and any other liability. The actions we may take include but are not limited to the following:

We may close, suspend, or limit your access to your Account or the PayPal Services (such as limiting access to any of your Payment Methods, and/or your ability to send money, make withdrawals, or remove financial Information). Use the Report Form link to request information in connection with an account limitation, hold or reserve – to access the Report Form, go to https://www.paypal.com/us/webapps/helpcenter/helphub/home/?dwf=neg_infolimit
We may contact Users who have purchased goods or services from you, contact your bank or credit card issuer, and/or warn other Users, law enforcement, or impacted third parties of your actions;
We may update inaccurate Information you provided us;
We may refuse to provide the PayPal Services to you in the future;
We may hold your Balance for up to 180 Days if reasonably needed to protect against the risk of liability or if you have violated our Acceptable Use Policy;
We may take legal action against you; and
If you violate the PayPal Acceptable Use Policy, then in addition to the above actions you will be liable to PayPal for the amount of PayPal's damages caused by your violation of the Acceptable Use Policy. You acknowledge and agree that $2,500.00 USD per violation of the Acceptable Use Policy is presently a reasonable minimum estimate of PayPal's actual damages considering all currently existing circumstances, including the relationship of the sum to the range of harm to PayPal that reasonably could be anticipated because, due to the nature of the violations of the Acceptable Use Policy, actual damages would be impractical or extremely difficult to calculate. PayPal may deduct such damages directly from any existing Balance in the offending Account or any other Account you control.
PayPal, in its sole discretion, reserves the right to terminate this Agreement, access to its website, or access to the PayPal Services for any reason and at any time upon notice to you and payment to you of any unrestricted funds held in your Balance.
10.4 Actions by PayPal - Court Orders or Other Legal Process.
PayPal, in its sole discretion, may take various actions including placing a hold, Reserve, or other limitation on your Account or the funds in it and/or releasing any or all of your funds in the event it receives notice of a court order or other legal process that restricts the use of or access to your funds or requires their release. PayPal will give notice of a hold, Reserve, or limitation it makes to comply with a court order or other legal process, unless the court order or other process directs that PayPal not provide you notice, in which case the court order or other process supersedes any notice obligation PayPal has undertaken or agreed to under the terms of this Agreement. PayPal has no obligation to contest or appeal from any such order or process. Holds, Reserves, or limitations on your account that are placed in response to a court order or other legal process may be maintained longer than 180 Days. PayPal will decide in its sole discretion the appropriate scope of a hold, Reserve, and/or limitation to assure compliance with a court order or other legal process.

Additionally, in the event PayPal receives notice of a garnishment or equivalent legal process directing the restraint of funds in your Account or directing payment of funds from your Account to the court or another third party, PayPal may limit your Account and hold the funds in it for up to 180 days, and may disburse funds from your Account, as needed, for the purpose of resolving any Dispute, Claim, Chargeback, or Reversal.

10.5 Actions by PayPal - Holds.

a. Risk-Based Holds. PayPal, in its sole discretion, may place a hold on any or all of the payments you receive when PayPal believes there may be a high level of risk associated with you, your Account, or any or all of your transactions. PayPal’s determination may be based on a number of different factors and PayPal may rely on information it receives from its third party partners such as eBay. If PayPal places a hold on a payment, the funds will appear in your “Pending Balance” and the payment status will show as “Completed - Funds not yet available”. If PayPal places a hold on any or all of the payments you receive PayPal will provide you with notice of our actions. PayPal will release the hold on any payment after 21 Days from the date the payment was received into your Account unless you receive a Dispute, Claim, Chargeback, or Reversal or PayPal has taken another action permitted under this Section 10. PayPal, in its sole discretion, may release the hold earlier under certain circumstances, for example PayPal may release the hold earlier if you have uploaded tracking information. If you receive a Dispute, Claim, Chargeback, or Reversal, PayPal may continue holding the payment in your Account until the matter is resolved pursuant to this Agreement.

b. Disputed Transaction Holds. If a User files a Dispute, Claim, Chargeback or Reversal on a payment you received, PayPal may place a temporary hold on the funds in your Account to cover the amount of the liability. If you win the dispute or the transaction is eligible for PayPal Seller protection, PayPal will lift the temporary hold. If you lose the dispute, PayPal will remove the funds from your Account. This process also applies to claims that a buyer files directly with eBay through the eBay resolution process if your Account is your reimbursement method for buyer claims.
10.6 Actions by PayPal - Reserves.
PayPal, in its sole discretion, may place a Reserve on funds held in your Premier or Business Account when PayPal believes there may be a high level of risk associated with your Account. If PayPal places a Reserve on funds in your Account, they will be shown as "pending" in your PayPal Balance. If your Account is subject to a Reserve, PayPal will provide you with notice specifying the terms of the Reserve. The terms may require that a certain percentage of the amounts received into your Account are held for a certain period of time, or that a certain amount of money is held in reserve, or anything else that PayPal determines is necessary to protect against the risk associated with your Account. PayPal may change the terms of the Reserve at any time by providing you with notice of the new terms.

10.7 Actions by PayPal - Account Closure, Termination of Service, Limited Account Access; Confidential Criteria. If we close your Account or terminate your use of the PayPal Services for any reason, we will provide you with notice of our actions. Except as expressly provided otherwise in this Agreement, if we limit access to your Account, including through a Reserve or hold, we will provide you with notice of our actions; we will also provide you with an opportunity to request restoration of access if, in our sole discretion, we deem it appropriate. Further, you acknowledge that PayPal’s decision to take certain actions, including limiting access to your Account by placing holds or imposing Reserves, may be based on confidential criteria that are essential to our management of risk and the security of Users’ Accounts and the PayPal system. You agree that PayPal is under no obligation to disclose the details of its risk management or security procedures to you.

~I've got a fever, and the only prescription is more ponies! I gotta have more ponies!~

Offline SeashellnBubbles

• Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: August 14, 2014, 11:32:25 AM »
Well, it does say that the Seller has to reimburse PayPal...not the buyer. Yeah, I'm probably being overly positive, but what else am i going to do? I'm not going to let this person hold me in a PO'd state until this is resolved!

Offline Corona

• Eohippus Pony
  • Trade Count: (+33)
  • Japanifornia Attorney Spokespony
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: August 14, 2014, 11:35:01 AM »
So what I can glean from that is that we will get our money back, her account will be in the red, and if it's a significant enough loss and the person has defrauded enough people, Paypal reserves the right to use debt collection services and/or the legal system to get their losses back.

Either way, there's two types of people you don't want knocking on your door; debt collectors and the police. And there's the risk of both.

Has anyone counted how much money we're talking? I'm tempted to go through anf count. It has to be at least 500 dollars.

Quick count shows $305 dollars scammed not counting Aquatic Neon (not sure what the quantity was). 340 if there was an MLPTP order.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2014, 11:41:11 AM by Corona »

Duster reference]

Offline Lorelei Redfern

• Sprinkles Obsessed
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: August 14, 2014, 12:28:16 PM »
I'm thinking at least 500 including thd possible chargebacks.and the money may hve got from the trading post.

she probably thi k why work when I can mke this easy money. but this " easy money" isn't so easy she's going to have to deal with cops and paypl has it noted that the polkce have been calles.for.fraud.

Offline MiRaja

• Trade Count: (+38)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://lilmissroadrage.livejournal.com
« Reply #190 on: August 14, 2014, 01:30:57 PM »
I'm thinking at least 500 including thd possible chargebacks.and the money may hve got from the trading post.

she probably thi k why work when I can mke this easy money. but this " easy money" isn't so easy she's going to have to deal with cops and paypl has it noted that the polkce have been calles.for.fraud.

Scamming people and for a mere $500?  I just don't get it.  Ruining your reputation, maybe getting in trouble with the law?  Is $500 really worth that? 

Sounds like a lot of work, too, for that amount of money.  :/  Even if she's desperate for money, $500 in the big scheme of things is NOT THAT MUCH, and ruining your entire reputation and possibly impacting your future?  Stupid.  Stupid.  Stupid. 

Thanks, but I'll take to earning my money honestly.  It's less work, and it pays off for the future too.  No worries here. 

• View Profile
« Reply #191 on: August 14, 2014, 02:43:55 PM »
possibly $500 **that we know of**
since there are so many avenues for selling...it could be anything. not to mention the things she's trying to get for free from everyone by claiming she never got the things she ordered.

Offline SeashellnBubbles

• Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: August 14, 2014, 03:17:36 PM »
$2500 USD MINIMUM charge for EACH violation! Whew!!

Offline ponyqueen

• Trade Count: (+92)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • "My, Earth really is full of things." -King of All
    • View Profile
    • Etsy
« Reply #193 on: August 14, 2014, 03:33:06 PM »
She didn't risk everything for $500, because she's not finished, and she never will be. To her, she's risking it for 1,000s of dollars, and she's halfway to her first $1,000 (again, that we know of).

:heart: Did I forget to leave feedback? Please pm me! :heart:

Offline Corona

• Eohippus Pony
  • Trade Count: (+33)
  • Japanifornia Attorney Spokespony
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: August 16, 2014, 09:09:46 PM »
Got an email today that the dispute was ruled in my favor and I'm getting my money back. She never even attempted to resolve it in any way, which made getting a refund much easier.

No way am I marking this resolved though. The fact she made multiple accounts means she doesn't care and may attempt this again. Buyer beware.

Duster reference]

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal