collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Vintageponysunny/mlpsunny/sunnyloveus: Beware of this buyer and seller!  (Read 21096 times)

Offline SeashellnBubbles

• Trade Count: (+170)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Tears are the last refuge of the damned
    • View Profile
Re: Vintageponysunny/mlpsunny/sunnyloveus: Beware of this buyer and seller!
« Reply #135 on: August 09, 2014, 04:01:48 AM »
I'm more inclined to think she's 34 or 35. One of her aliases on the MLPTP was Brony1979...hence my thoughts that it indicates her birth year, and she looks closer to that age on her FB page. But again, that's just being "sleuthy" and not grounds on any fact since I can't see her birthday on her page at all. Still waiting for Funkos to be delivered :rofl: 

Offline HoustonCollector72

• Aquarius Pony Power
  • Trade Count: (+163)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • G2 Ponies Rock :)
    • View Profile
    • my collection
« Reply #136 on: August 09, 2014, 05:55:30 AM »
And she might have come back , there is another sale thread of a newbie trying to sell  with no feedback and not posting pics after many requested them ! So got to be extra cautious here !
GAMELOFT ID: balto72  Youtube channel http://www.youtube.com/user/2241pmth
Collection Page on FB https://www.facebook.com/BALTO72    Instagram http://instagram.com/balto8a     
Wanted G2 Mocs wanted list http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,328049.0.html

Offline MoondancerMilkyWay

• Trade Count: (+20)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • you've got to pony while the pony is pony!
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: August 09, 2014, 07:32:53 AM »
I was thinking the same thing HoustonCollector.
said person had two sales threads. selling very different things. one claiming to need money badly so having to sell "her" collection, and the other with many brand new things to sell with no real way to have them yet.
who has ever heard of a brand new person having items from TaoBao just to sell randomly?
~I've got a fever, and the only prescription is more ponies! I gotta have more ponies!~
"I'm not going to buy every Malibu Stacy with a hat"  - ponyqueen

Offline ponylady

• Trade Count: (+34)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: August 09, 2014, 07:36:12 AM »
Just so everyone knows we are aware and currently working on the other situation. The two are not the same person though  ;)
:glitter:visitors can't see pics , please register or login
:glitter:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thanks LordBlumiere  :heart: for my Baby Believe!
I love Ohio Meat Pie

• View Profile
« Reply #139 on: August 09, 2014, 07:40:27 AM »
oh weird!! Thanks PL! I was really thinking they were. similar stories and all that jazz.
~I've got a fever, and the only prescription is more ponies! I gotta have more ponies!~

Offline Lorelei Redfern

• Sprinkles Obsessed
  • Trade Count: (+104)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: August 09, 2014, 09:23:20 AM »
i saw that  thread. and was like uh huh..    it just seemed fishs y that    she just happend to have   expensive funkos. that arent even out for sale yet.

glad to know the mods are on it!

Offline MidnightMocha

• Trade Count: (+249)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • But the stars in the sky look like home
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: August 09, 2014, 09:42:37 AM »
IDK...there's a couple sellers around that are seeming more than a bit sketchy.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2014, 01:27:30 PM by MidnightMocha »
Will always trade for limited edition/90s Pikachu stuff!

Offline lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: August 09, 2014, 10:40:02 AM »
It's so heartening to see the community working together like this!  Even if it's because of a frustrating thing...  Praise to our mods who keep us safe!  And thank you to all who have assisted Galactica!  *pony hugs*
The Bad Trader List

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

Offline ponyqueen

• Trade Count: (+92)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • "My, Earth really is full of things." -King of All
    • View Profile
    • Etsy
« Reply #143 on: August 09, 2014, 01:55:55 PM »
Just so everyone knows we are aware and currently working on the other situation. The two are not the same person though  ;)

Well, I trust the mods, but how do we know they aren't the same? And what is the situation with "the other person" who overnight sold all of her items?

:heart: Did I forget to leave feedback? Please pm me! :heart:

Offline CoonhoundBetty

• Skeen's Minion
  • Dabbles Pony
  • SAHM/Wife of an artist/word nerd
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: August 09, 2014, 02:05:47 PM »

Well, I trust the mods, but how do we know they aren't the same? And what is the situation with "the other person" who overnight sold all of her items?
I just saw that...sketchy :hmm:

• View Profile
« Reply #145 on: August 09, 2014, 02:59:33 PM »
dunno. saw her on the MLPTP and posted that she was wouldn't be getting back to anyone. she posted there under a completely different name, too.

BackInTheDayToys

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #146 on: August 09, 2014, 03:12:11 PM »
Hello MLP Arena!
Sorry for the delay in posting this, it has taken forever to get approved to this site and post this message.
I'm Conspiracy Boy of the youtube channel 'Back In the day toys' I recently had a comment on a video of mine from a user under the name GalaticCatt (I assume is the galactic user on this thread) warning me to avoid the user as they have been scamming people.
Luckily I never contacted this user or had any kind of transactions with them. However I was intrigued and found this thread.
Some of you have googled her email address which has led you to the video she commented on as her email address was included in her comment.
There is nothing 'fishy' about my youtube channel I assure you!
I do weekly Carboot haul videos and only send parcels to other you tubers who post video's too. Re-sellers need not apply, strictly collectors only.
If I wanted to make money I would eBay my finds but would rather see them go to good homes.
I have a video called 'The BITDT story' which explains how I got started and what I aim to do.
Once again, there is nothing fishy about my channel, I have no affiliation with the user in question nor have I ever spoken too or trader with her.

However on an unrelated note I see a lot of MLP stuff that I avoid as I know nothing on them. Feel free to comment on my youtube channel if you want me to look for any specific ponies 'in the wild'.
I recently found a highly sought after rare board game called 'lost valley of the dinosaurs' for a Youtuber under the name 'blackrabbit3333'
It took six months but I found it for him eventually!
Anyway, hope this clears any confusion up guys and best of luck recovering your monies and prosecuting this scam artist.

Conspiracy Boy
BITDT

Offline SeashellnBubbles

• Trade Count: (+170)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Tears are the last refuge of the damned
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: August 09, 2014, 05:14:34 PM »
Thank you for posting BITDT...we know you're not involved directly in this situation, I think you were just caught in the crossfire in No-Man's-Land. When you have a popular YouTube video(s) chances are bad eggs will be rolling around your site keeping tabs on what is trending and popular ATM. Personally, I hold no one accoutable except her (or him...we don't know for certain this person's identity hasn't been stolen as far as I know), and whatever she has done in the past will either be another twist in the noose or is irrelevant to the current situation. It's good that you keep an eye on such things.
I'm not a Mod, but as someone who has been directly affected by this person, I appreciate your taking the time to drop us a line and tell us your side of things. Good luck with your Videos and your adventures. :)

Post Merge: August 09, 2014, 05:25:38 PM

I believe he/she backed out simply because the timing was so horrible. Having the word "Sun" or "Sunny" in your name is a red flag for everyone right now, so they may bide their time and wait for this mess to blow over. If the mods say they aren't the same person then I'm content with that. As far as pics go, I know it took FOREVER for me to figure out how to post them off PhotoBucket when I was a newbie last year, so it isn't strange to me at all. Now if the person doesn't send through email, THEN I'd be concerned. The way I got around that when I started was to post the pic with my name written on a piece of paper in each photo, and honestly, for the number of transactions I've done on the site I've only been tagged by 2 people...The infamous Sternestaub and this person. Any business who can say that, in a year and 1/2, they've only been scammed 2 times is doing pretty well. That's what insurance (in this case, PayPal's buyer protection policy) is for. Unfortunately, until something is done at the source and severe punishments are leveled, people will continue this kind of behaviour. I, for one, am not about to lose faith in a community that has served me and so many other people so well :hug:
« Last Edit: August 09, 2014, 05:33:08 PM by SeashellnBubbles »

Offline Lorelei Redfern

• Sprinkles Obsessed
  • Trade Count: (+104)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: August 09, 2014, 08:15:12 PM »
the only issue with     picutes i have is that     wwith this Sunny scam she HAD   pictures.  that  doesntl nessicalry prove that htey  have the item.   the next time i'm  dealing with soemone who has little to no fedback ith inki'm going to ask   for a pciture with the date in it.  ye si ralize that might bea little   neortic.. but   that is one way to guarentee they still have the  items. just showing a picture pn photobucket obviously  isnt     just goign to cut it.  or am i the only one that feels that way?  also pictures can be stolen.

Offline ponyqueen

• Trade Count: (+92)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • "My, Earth really is full of things." -King of All
    • View Profile
    • Etsy
« Reply #149 on: August 09, 2014, 08:35:36 PM »
Ruh roh... Lorelei Redfern's location states "sunny florida"...

should we be concerned?

:P Just kidding!  :hug: Let's all take a chill pill and move forward.  :lol:

:heart: Did I forget to leave feedback? Please pm me! :heart:

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal