collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Ebay issue  (Read 821 times)

Offline pinkaurora

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
Ebay issue
« on: August 04, 2014, 10:35:46 AM »
So I bought an item off of ebay  and payed the $2.86 for shipping
(as the seller stated). Well the seller decided to only pay .98 cents towards shipping so I then had to pay another $1.34 to receive my item.  I contacted the seller  and sent this message

Dear jkish33,

I sent you $2.86 to cover shipping cost which you chose to only apply .98
cents towards, thus causing me to spend another $1.34 for shipping if I
wanted my item. I fell you owe me $3.22 for the shipping difference.

-aurorasnpink

and the response I received was

Dear aurorasnpink,

Shipping includes postage and the materials used to ship item. eBay sets the shipping costs per item. I don't not set my own postage price

- jkish33

So what do I do ? I mean  I payed the $2.86 and she chose to only apply .98 cents of that for postage causeing me to have to pay more. . .
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline kaoskat

• Trade Count: (+224)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • Happy & Odd OT & Customs Mod
    • View Profile
    • kaoskat's Customs FB page
Re: Ebay issue
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2014, 10:36:17 AM »
Moving to TS for you.

kaoskat's Customs FB Page, please like!Commissions open & custom trades OPEN!
kaoskat's Sales :hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster:

Offline kakenterprise

• Trade Count: (+65)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2014, 10:44:17 AM »
That is not okay so your seller shipped it with insufficient postage? 

She needs to refund you the difference asap!!

Offline pinkaurora

• Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2014, 10:50:27 AM »
yes, I'am not sure if i can open some type of cause or if my only option is to leave her terrible feed back. it's obvious from her response that she doesn't plan on paying me the difference.

Post Merge: August 04, 2014, 11:00:52 AM

I guess the only think i can do is leave negative feed back for the person, that sucks because in response i 'm sure they will leave negative back =(
« Last Edit: August 04, 2014, 11:00:52 AM by pinkaurora »

Offline rosietrot

• Power Puff Pony
  • Made it.
    • View Profile
    • RosieTrot's Pony Spot
« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2014, 11:05:06 AM »
TLDR: Ebay/Paypal will make sure it's not out of your pocket. Even though you're in the right, giving people the benefit of the doubt may get you what you want quicker and help them learn faster.

Ebay takes care of buyers in cases like that. I'd contact ebay and explain (I'm guessing they will garnish the seller, or Paypal will) and it won't mean you have to pay more for it. Sellers can't charge more after the "contract" 'has been accepted. Keep the proof that you paid more, for ebay's use if they ask, and let the seller know what you are doing each step of the way to give him/her an out to make it right once it comes to light who is responsible for the shipping once it has been paid for. Some people just DO NOT GET IT when it comes to online selling, so keep in mind, there are a lot of people "new to the scene" and never read the fine print. Since they are not doing what they need to to protect themselves and save you the annoyance, they need to learn by experience and this is how: the hard way. It's unfortunate you have to be the teacher since it's not your responsibility, but it has been my experience that treating them as if they just didn't know has a better chance of ending up well. Do it through the proper channels with every option explained to the seller and you will have helped to make ebay a less aggravating place to buy and sell in the long run :)
Trades!<---some trades, sales and want list, as posted on the arena
Store!<---The "Official" Store (or as official as it gets...also all tradable!)
Want List!<---Stuff I'm looking for
ME! <--- and if you want to know who I am, a picture from my blog

Offline pinkaurora

• Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 04, 2014, 11:12:31 AM »
I had to pay the post office/ mail lady to get my package because even though I payed for sufficient postage , the seller didn't put it on . *sigh*  is there a way you can block a sellers items from coming up in your search? or should i just save the seller as beware?
« Last Edit: August 04, 2014, 11:25:51 AM by pinkaurora »

Offline Sarahlacewing

• Mommy sparkle pony
  • Trade Count: (+87)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 04, 2014, 11:18:39 AM »
I'm surprised they didn't just send it back to them with insufficient postage. You are definitely owed what you had to pay. The seller skimped out due to their own negligence. You wouldn't be responsible.
I'm not really on here anymore. Email me if you need my for something.

Offline ClosetAvalanche

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 04, 2014, 11:41:03 AM »
I think you need to clarify to the seller that you received the packed with insuficient postage and therefore had to pay addition monies to get it. It sounds to me that the seller didn't understand your question. If they still refuse to refund after that, then all you can do is leave a neg.

Offline bluerose9978

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+450)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://www.angelfire.com/oh5/bluerose9978/MLP
« Reply #8 on: August 04, 2014, 11:41:53 AM »
TLDR: Ebay/Paypal will make sure it's not out of your pocket. Even though you're in the right, giving people the benefit of the doubt may get you what you want quicker and help them learn faster.

Ebay takes care of buyers in cases like that. I'd contact ebay and explain (I'm guessing they will garnish the seller, or Paypal will) and it won't mean you have to pay more for it. Sellers can't charge more after the "contract" 'has been accepted. Keep the proof that you paid more, for ebay's use if they ask, and let the seller know what you are doing each step of the way to give him/her an out to make it right once it comes to light who is responsible for the shipping once it has been paid for. Some people just DO NOT GET IT when it comes to online selling, so keep in mind, there are a lot of people "new to the scene" and never read the fine print. Since they are not doing what they need to to protect themselves and save you the annoyance, they need to learn by experience and this is how: the hard way. It's unfortunate you have to be the teacher since it's not your responsibility, but it has been my experience that treating them as if they just didn't know has a better chance of ending up well. Do it through the proper channels with every option explained to the seller and you will have helped to make ebay a less aggravating place to buy and sell in the long run :)

This! Please do contact eBay! This is not right at all! Your seller is trying to scam you and I'm guessing you are not the first person they have done this to. And they cannot leave you a negative feedback. Sellers can ONLY leave buyers positive feedback.
« Last Edit: August 04, 2014, 11:43:48 AM by bluerose9978 »

Offline Thunderwing

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+171)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
    • http://www.geocities.com/springwater_valley/home.html
« Reply #9 on: August 04, 2014, 01:00:34 PM »
Is it possible that the $1.90 difference was used to cover packing materials, like the envelope? Even if that is the case - it is still the job of the seller to put sufficient postage on the package. If they charge $2.86 for shipping and handling, and the envelope ends up costing $1.88, then in their mind they may be thinking "I only have 98 cents to put towards postage" - which is wrong. It is true that ebay puts a cap on what a seller can charge for postage in some categories, which often is not enough to cover the actual cost of shipping. But then it is the seller who has to make up for it by raising item prices so it evens out.

Not putting enough postage on the package is not appropriate, or allowed. Imagine if all sellers did that!

Offline ponylady

• Trade Count: (+34)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 04, 2014, 03:05:48 PM »
While I understand you were probably super excited to receive your item, I would have refused to collect it and contacted the seller immediately.  They are clearly at fault.

I would perhaps contact her again and explain the situation one more time. It looks like she missed the point. I would also maybe supply her with photo evidence, such as your receipt that you had to pay the extra postage. She may get a clearer picture. Leave it a few days and if you get no satisfactory response I would leave a negative.

As far as opening a case I am almost sure eBay will ask for photo evidence under the circumstances. Or they may refund you on their own accord.
:glitter:visitors can't see pics , please register or login
:glitter:

Thanks LordBlumiere  :heart: for my Baby Believe!
I love Ohio Meat Pie

Offline Ringlets

• Mrs. Chief
  • Trade Count: (+182)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Be yourself, dare to dream!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 05, 2014, 03:25:20 AM »
While I understand you were probably super excited to receive your item, I would have refused to collect it and contacted the seller immediately.  They are clearly at fault.

I would perhaps contact her again and explain the situation one more time. It looks like she missed the point. I would also maybe supply her with photo evidence, such as your receipt that you had to pay the extra postage. She may get a clearer picture. Leave it a few days and if you get no satisfactory response I would leave a negative.

As far as opening a case I am almost sure eBay will ask for photo evidence under the circumstances. Or they may refund you on their own accord.

This ^^ I'm so sorry  that you seller has made you out of pocket!  :hug:  - the seller is definitely at fault here and there is no way that you should have to pay extra. I would definitely go with the advice of contacting the seller one last time , with pics as proof - and if they still will not refund you then you'll need to report this to ebay/open a case. The feedback you leave the person will depend on how they respond before you have to get ebay involved. Dont worry about the seller leaving bad feedabck for you though - they cant do it ;)

:heart: Wanted:heart:
:glitter: :heart: :glitter: CHIEF LOVES RINGLETS FOREVER :glitter: :heart: :glitter:

Offline Dragonflitter

• Trade Count: (+101)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 05, 2014, 11:36:03 AM »
This practice of the United States Post Office is such a strange one. I don't know WHY they will deliver packages with postage due and require the receiver to pay the difference in postage.

I work in an office that mails packages out all the time and we put postage on our packages based on the weight of the package right in the office, and let the mailman pick them up each day. I get SO paranoid that me or my assistant will weigh a package wrong and put insufficient postage on it, forcing our buyers to pay some more to get their item when it arrives! D: It's a bad practice, I wish there was a way we could mark the package or tell the post office that we would much rather have the package returned to us than force the buyer to pay more over a mistake.

It's possible your seller did not understand that the USPS does this practice. He/she might think that if they hadn't put enough postage on the package, it would have just come back to them, so they might not be understanding what you're telling them. :\
Thank you Thimble for my amazingly cute avatar!

Offline Tap Dancer

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Dance 'n Prance with me! :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 05, 2014, 12:21:36 PM »
yes, I'am not sure if i can open some type of cause or if my only option is to leave her terrible feed back. it's obvious from her response that she doesn't plan on paying me the difference.

Post Merge: August 04, 2014, 11:00:52 AM

I guess the only think i can do is leave negative feed back for the person, that sucks because in response i 'm sure they will leave negative back =(

Don't worry about getting negative feedback. :) Unlike the old days where petty people could leave retaliatory feedback, that isn't the case anymore. A seller can NOT give you a negative. Definitely tell eBay what happened because it's not right! I hope they'll give you back the money she owes you. Either way, I would leave her a negative because she basically stole money from you and then she was rude and unhelpful. Good luck!

Offline CupidStrikes

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Angry little slice of pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 05, 2014, 01:16:37 PM »
Pinkaurora - please let us know how this gets resolved! I'm curious how Ebay will handle it.

This practice of the United States Post Office is such a strange one. I don't know WHY they will deliver packages with postage due and require the receiver to pay the difference in postage.

In the UK you have to pay a handling fee on top of the difference if someone sends you something with insufficient postage :mad: I really wish they would return such items to the sender.
Idly searching for: loose, good condition G4 Blossomforth, Starbeam Twinkle, Plumsweet. TTM Celestia doll's wings Within UK or EU only, please.
Will also take in Pretty Pony Club (UK magazine) fakies.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal