collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: maximum ride  (Read 340 times)

Offline True

• Eartha Uncorn
  • Trade Count: (+98)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Unicorn of the earth
    • View Profile
    • Truly Customs
maximum ride
« on: July 29, 2014, 03:17:27 AM »
As usual I have questions, so here goes.

A LOOOONG time ago I read "When the Wind Blows" and "The Lake House." at the time I was younger, I adored these books, and didnt want them to end but I got over it with time lol.
Later on I heard of the Maximum Ride books.. With my overall lack of funding, and a library late fee that scared me away from the library. I quickly forgot about looking into it more lol. By the time I had owned up the the late fee and paid it I had entirely forgotten about the series.

Now I have a B&N gift card thats burning a hole in my wallet. And a fresh memory of the series, I attempted some research to get an idea of it. But i keep getting menga interference or other things... So really im wondering this.

DO they have anything to do with the novels I mentioned above
Do they follow it in any type of order?
if so what order do i read them in

I have nothing against manga and I do enjoy them from time to time. But what I really love is a nice novel to curl up with before bed, in a bath, garden, beach or during the many storms weve had lately lol.

I'm currently looking at a paperback boxset including
The Angel Experiment
School's Out—Forever
Saving the World and Other Extreme Sports

which have the numbers printed on them i believe, if not its mentioned on the website. but are there more books? (i love a nice long series) rofl I know iv heard a lot of people talking about this series over the years, so I know someone here will be able to help me with my endless questions xD
:heart: My Sales Thread :heart:
Toola Roola Avatar by Pikashoes!

Offline nessy_86

• Trade Count: (+93)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
Re: maximum ride
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2014, 04:19:07 AM »
It's been a little while since I've read these, but I'll do my best. I own all of the books, except the last one.

Some of the characters are the same as the first two books, but that's pretty much where the similarities end. They are aimed more toward pre-teens and teenagers, but I still read and loved them. I've never read the magna books so if you skip those you won't be missing any vital parts to the stories or anything.

Here is the series order:
The Angel Experiment
School's Out Forever
Saving the World and Other Extreme Sports
The Final Warning
MAX
FANG
ANGEL
Nevermore (which I haven't read yet)

Like I said, I really like them. They are a quick read and not your normal average everyday book. I think you'll enjoy them if you liked the Lake House and When the Wind Blows. Just remember that some of the characters/names are the same and that's about it.

Offline True

• Eartha Uncorn
  • Trade Count: (+98)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Unicorn of the earth
    • View Profile
    • Truly Customs
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2014, 04:26:52 AM »
Thanks a lot for the information! Ill keep this in mind, I'm looking forward to all these books iv ordered to finally arrive.
I tend to love young reader books, sometimes more i think, then things marked for adults lol.
:heart: My Sales Thread :heart:
Toola Roola Avatar by Pikashoes!

Offline Kaeldre

• Goa'uld System Lord
  • Trade Count: (+11)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
  • "The best advice I've found is don't look down."
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2014, 07:15:05 AM »
I've only read the first two and 'When The Wind Blows', but that was a looong time ago.  From what I remember, they were great.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

"When someone asks me if I give up, I say 'Not until I'm dead'.  And sometimes not even then." ~ Daniel Jackson
"Asking a Ferengi to play a Cardassian game is like asking a Klingon to chew with his mouth closed." ~ Elim Garak

Offline melodys_angel

• Trade Count: (+21)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2014, 09:25:27 AM »
Cant remember if I ever read them...maybe in highschool?

TY to the respective artists for my Destiny art :)  YAY MA finally managed to re-upload her stuff!

Offline kaoskat

• Trade Count: (+224)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • Happy & Odd OT & Customs Mod
    • View Profile
    • kaoskat's Customs FB page
« Reply #5 on: July 29, 2014, 10:21:41 AM »
Never read them! I hope you enjoy them though. It's always nice to find new books you like.

kaoskat's Customs FB Page, please like!Commissions open & custom trades OPEN!
kaoskat's Sales :hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster:

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal