collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Calling all Equestria Girls experts!  (Read 1239 times)

Offline heftysmurf76

• Big Brother Pony
  • Trade Count: (+100)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Big Brother Pony
    • View Profile
Calling all Equestria Girls experts!
« on: July 28, 2014, 01:12:13 PM »
I JUST started collecting these girls and am having a LOT of trouble in my searches on amazon and evilbay...

Basically here's what I want: ONLY ARTICULATED dolls, I.e bendable elbows and knees

pREFERABLY EGs that are in the "original" or plain dress "i.e. no rainbow rocks, etc

I ONLY need the following 2 gals:

Applejack
Twilight Sparkle

Can anyone help with the name of the wave or specific doll/line that has these, I'm having a terrible time finding the fully articulated gals online, my searches only seem to bring up the no  articulated ones...

Thanks in advance for any help and P.S. if you have of or know of any for sale, defintely I am interested!
« Last Edit: July 28, 2014, 03:17:51 PM by heftysmurf76 »

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
Re: Calling all Equestria Girls experts!
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2014, 01:20:26 PM »
What are you most concerned about? Them being in their original movie outfits or the articulation? :) Unfortunately there is only one wave with the characters in their original movie outfits (just hitting shelves now) and they dont have the articulation. So it may depend which aspect is more important to your collection.
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline heftysmurf76

• Big Brother Pony
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Big Brother Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2014, 01:25:29 PM »
Articulation is the most important aspect to me! :)

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
  • Trade Count: (+101)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2014, 01:51:09 PM »
The only FULLY articulated dolls (elbows and knees) that I know of- are Deluxe Fluttershy (with the two outfits) and Deluxe Rainbow Dash, and Deluxe Rarity.  Oh, and Pinkie's Boutique Pinkie.  YOu can get fluttershy here: http://www.hasbrotoyshop.com/my-little-pony-equestria-girls-fluttershy-figure?BR=704&SBR=812&ID=31861

There is no deluxe AJ or Twilight that come with bendable arms and legs.  The Rainbow Rocks Twilight has bendable knees- but not bendable arms.  Also her head is REALLY weird looking in my opinion.  If you want her, she is also on the Hasbrotoyshop. http://www.hasbrotoyshop.com/my-little-pony-equestria-girls-singing-twilight-sparkle-doll?BR=704&SBR=812&ID=32737

there are a couple of versions of AJ, but none have bendy arms or legs, sadly.

Offline heftysmurf76

• Big Brother Pony
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Big Brother Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2014, 03:13:04 PM »
The only FULLY articulated dolls (elbows and knees) that I know of- are Deluxe Fluttershy (with the two outfits) and Deluxe Rainbow Dash, and Deluxe Rarity.  Oh, and Pinkie's Boutique Pinkie.  YOu can get fluttershy here: http://www.hasbrotoyshop.com/my-little-pony-equestria-girls-fluttershy-figure?BR=704&SBR=812&ID=31861

There is no deluxe AJ or Twilight that come with bendable arms and legs.  The Rainbow Rocks Twilight has bendable knees- but not bendable arms.  Also her head is REALLY weird looking in my opinion.  If you want her, she is also on the Hasbrotoyshop. http://www.hasbrotoyshop.com/my-little-pony-equestria-girls-singing-twilight-sparkle-doll?BR=704&SBR=812&ID=32737

there are a couple of versions of AJ, but none have bendy arms or legs, sadly.

THANK you for this. I picked up the Fluttershy today, I guess I will just have to wait for twilight and applejack :/

Offline Wardah

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 28, 2014, 03:21:27 PM »
It really doesn't bother me as much as I thought it would that the arms aren't articulated. (articulated legs aren't as important to me they just stand there anyways). I think it's because of how much smaller the dolls are and the younger target audience than MH. There haven't been any articulated arms since Rainbow Rocks started so maybe kids were snapping the arms by accident.
Seeking Cutie Princess toys by Chap Mei!!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Also seeking brown Novi Stars fakies, and Punzels.

Av by Moonflower.

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 28, 2014, 04:17:30 PM »
It really doesn't bother me as much as I thought it would that the arms aren't articulated. (articulated legs aren't as important to me they just stand there anyways). I think it's because of how much smaller the dolls are and the younger target audience than MH. There haven't been any articulated arms since Rainbow Rocks started so maybe kids were snapping the arms by accident.

My guess is that the articulated dolls cost more to produce- and didn't sell as well as the cheaper versions.  I really like the articulated arms, because the non-articulated arms look WAY too short. 

I bought an extra of Dash so I could have a deluxe Trixie, and a couple extras of Rarity, so I could have articulated Celestia and DJ.  The sad thing is that the articulated dolls have the peg feet, but I still think the articulated dolls win...

Offline Wardah

• MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 28, 2014, 04:44:34 PM »

My guess is that the articulated dolls cost more to produce- and didn't sell as well as the cheaper versions.  I really like the articulated arms, because the non-articulated arms look WAY too short. 

I bought an extra of Dash so I could have a deluxe Trixie, and a couple extras of Rarity, so I could have articulated Celestia and DJ.  The sad thing is that the articulated dolls have the peg feet, but I still think the articulated dolls win...

It's very random what I'll accept being unarticulated and what has to be articulated for me. Like the Cutie Pops I had to give Liv bodies to but I'm fine with the bodies on my Novis even tho I could find MH bodies that match them.

Av by Moonflower.

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 28, 2014, 04:46:01 PM »
Yeah I guess we all have different tastes.

I am hoping they come out with more articulated dolls, but won't hold out much hope.

Sprinklecupcake

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #9 on: July 28, 2014, 08:04:21 PM »
I like the articulated ones, for the price I wish they all were!!!! My pet peeve is I dont like molded shirts on dolls x(

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 29, 2014, 12:56:42 PM »

I think this is exactly it. They seem to quickly have moved away from them being "deluxe" because of articulation to being "with accessories" sets; they are actually the same line so my guess is they discovered the line sells better because of the extras than because of the articulation.

As much as EQG is trying to buy into MHs popularity; I think their target is Barbie hence why the articulation is not a major thing for them.
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline Wardah

• MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 29, 2014, 01:36:44 PM »
I think they are trying to target kids in the "too old for ponies but not quite old enough for Monster High yet" range.

Av by Moonflower.

QueenGusty

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #12 on: July 30, 2014, 03:47:24 PM »
Yeah, I have to say I'm not sure why all the fuss about articulation but then again I don;t collect MH :shrug: I find on my Articulated EQGs the joint are REALLY wobbly so if it's a case of having articulation or a doll who doesn't feel like she's going to fall apart I'd choose the latter.

Saying that, the articulated girls do look super cute sitting on my speakers...

Carrie

Offline Wardah

• MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 30, 2014, 04:39:28 PM »
I do collect MH but before they came along I only collected small dolls like SSC and those only had 5 points of articulation. It wasn't til MH came along that I paid any attention to 1/6 scale dolls. If the EQG dolls were the same size as MH I'd probably be popping them on to MH bodies but because they are smaller it just works imho. Anyways my biggest issue was the peg feet so I'm glad they moved away from those.

Av by Moonflower.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal