collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Tutti Frutti Set Blindfolds? Accessory ID Needed, Very curious!  (Read 299 times)

Offline xTic_Tac_Toex

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Prom Queen Sweetheart Sister Pony
    • View Profile
Hi everyone!

I recently bought Tutti Frutti in a job lot, in really nice condition with what appears to be most of her accessories. I'm actually selling her on now, but very interestingly are some blindfolds, which I've never seen before (and have tried looking up), which look like they SHOULD go with the set, and I get the feeling they do!

They were actually inside the cardboard present box when I bought her. One is orange and one is purple, they match the colours of the other accesories perfectly. Could it be that they're for pin the tail on the pony? Are they UK exclusive accessories maybe? Does anyone else know of these, or are they a new find?

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=181477818451 <<<<< this is my auction

Also a general photo:

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Any help is greatly appreciated as ever!

Offline StarFaerie

• Trade Count: (+46)
  • So Soft Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Tutti Frutti Set Blindfolds? Accessory ID Needed, Very curious!
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2014, 01:21:44 AM »
They're from the Euro release of Tutti Frutti or from the US Party Gift Pack. But the Euro release only had 4 of each accessory. Seems like you've got a bit of the Euro and a bit of the UK there.
It is a truth universally acknowledged, that a woman in possession of disposable income, must be in want of a pony.

Offline Mermaid

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2014, 03:39:23 AM »
Interesting! I've never seen the blindfolds of the real balloon for that matter!
Thanks to calico star for my avatar!

Offline xTic_Tac_Toex

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2014, 05:05:17 AM »
Thanks for your advice, StarFaerie! How strange that I've got a mix of the two. I love discovering new accessories, Mermaid, it's exciting! :D

Offline princessluna11706

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2014, 09:08:36 AM »
The blindfolds kind of remind me of the US release party pack ones, but that balloon! I wish our pack came with that.  Very cool!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

The original Princess Luna.

I'm on Instagram! http://instagram.com/kitarei1 :)

Offline goddessofpeep

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 28, 2014, 10:22:40 AM »
The blindfolds do go to the set, but I'm not so sure about that balloon.  I have one, and I got it in a lot of UK Club items several years ago, and I always assumed that was either from the club, or one of the comic "special gifts".  I've never seen one associated with the Tutti Fruitti set before.  The UK Activity Club got all sorts of amazing items that we never got.  I have some of them posted in my collection photos.

My balloons:
http://s72.photobucket.com/user/goddessofpeep/media/Collection/G1_Merchandise/G1_UK_Club/G1_ClubUK_balloons_01_zps6c98b748.jpg.html?sort=3&o=5

My UK Club items:
http://s72.photobucket.com/user/goddessofpeep/library/Collection/G1_Merchandise/G1_UK_Club?sort=3&page=1
« Last Edit: July 28, 2014, 10:26:53 AM by goddessofpeep »

Offline ashlyne

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+170)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 28, 2014, 10:37:18 AM »
I've got a UK balloon from the Club too. It's red. 

You might be interested in browsing through my photo album:
http://s7.photobucket.com/user/ashlyne/library/G1%20collection/comparison%20pics/Party%20Packs

It compares US and UK party accessories. It also has pics of a MIB Euro Party Set, released in Belgium and Holland. That set doesn't show any blindfolds that I can see, but I believe the UK set did come with them.   

Hathorcat would be able to tell you for sure. I'm also interested in knowing if the UK set came with place settings for four or six??

Offline FantasticFirefly

• Trade Count: (+28)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Loves Accessories!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 28, 2014, 12:10:05 PM »
Hathorcat's list has been posted here before. It's excellent and detailed, quite a few differences between the sets. :) http://mlparena.com/index.php?topic=354611.0

I had made a list as well, but it's not complete and likely not accurate. Made it from with pictures I found, and lots I received from childhood collections have come to me with other pieces, so I'm unsure if they had both the euro/UK packs and mixed them up, there was a re-release or the present box from the birthday part outfit was mixed in by mistake. unconfirmed at this point since I haven't bought one mib, and do not have a scan of the panel on the package that lists the accessories.(and MIB, you see plates, cake and a blank gameboard, cups, invites, dark green toy balloon. all other acc are under tutti frutti and not visible)

Accessories: UK Birthday Party red is unique
UK Tutti Frutti – Hair stripe falls on NDS Side unique to this set
Puffy Sticker - Tutti Frutti , unique to this set
Yellow Ribbon
"It's a Party" Blanket - Turquoise stitching unique to this set
Balloon - Deep Green unique to this set

Hats: 6 Total
Purple/Yellow. CirclesPattern – Purple Pom Pom *unique to UK/Euro set, and Birthday outfit
Blue/Orange. Balloons Print– Fusia Pom Pom
Soft Orange/Turquise. Diamond Pattern – Sea Green Pom Pom
Fusia/Lime Green. Swirling Pattern – White Pom Pom
Pale Turquoise/Lavender. Flower Print – Yellow Pom Pom
Yellow/Hot Pink. Fish Print – Blue Pom Pom

Party Horns: 6 Total
Yellow – unique to this set
Deep Green – unique to UK/Euro set
Orange
Pink
Blue
Purple

Tutti Frutti Invitations: 5 Total – Old MLP Logo unique to this set
Blue Plates*: 6 Total
Yellow Cups: 6 Total
Blue Platter*
White Cake: 6 Slices Total - with Lemon Yellow Detail unique to UK/Euro set
Pink Candles: 6 Total

Blue Pony Game* w/Tutti Frutti - Label unique to UK/Euro set
Pink Curly Tail
Pink Straight Tail
*blues will match on all blue pieces, darker blue unique to UK/Euro

unconfirmed
Present Box (no bow? identical to US Party Pack)
Purple Blindfold
Orange Blindfold
« Last Edit: July 28, 2014, 12:35:55 PM by FantasticFirefly »

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 29, 2014, 12:16:06 PM »
I need to dig those pictures out FanasticFirefly! *makes mental note* I will say however that with the UK set, I think it was a little raggedly put together - almost as though it was being done with what was left as has been mentioned.

I agree with others that the balloon was never released with Tutti in pack and is no doubt from the UK fan club or magazines. The blind folds did come out over here but they are the same as the UK versions. Those ones you have look in great conditions!
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline xTic_Tac_Toex

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 30, 2014, 02:32:42 AM »
Thank you so much everyone! That helps a lot :) I didn't realise the balloon was a pony club piece, but now I think about it it does make sense, especially given the logo on it.

Offline FantasticFirefly

• Trade Count: (+28)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Loves Accessories!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 01, 2014, 09:16:57 AM »
I need to dig those pictures out FanasticFirefly! *makes mental note* I will say however that with the UK set, I think it was a little raggedly put together - almost as though it was being done with what was left as has been mentioned.

Wow, yes, that set really does feel that way! I still need the yellow blower and the deep green balloon, the lots I kept getting were either missing those pieces, or the person still had six party horns but one colour came in duplicate and thus another colour was missing altogether. I got the US shade balloon too a couple times. plus, my plates and game board match in blue shade to US, and a friend who bought her set from someone selling childhood ponies got the yellow blower, dark balloon but also lighter plates and tutti frutti game. but I know they were also sold darker too, I've seen them MIB & loose in that deep shade plenty of times. and my euro set (missing game board) has that nice deep blue platter and 4 plates to match. :) consistency didn't seem to be Hasbro's strong suit with the UK set. Then again, I've seen some weirdness with the US one too (usually extras of some items)

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal