collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Pony tattoos!  (Read 3735 times)

Offline PinkiePosh

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • Target Exclusive Winter Pony
  • previously pinkiepony
    • View Profile
    • Facebook Marketplace Store
Pony tattoos!
« on: July 25, 2014, 02:06:36 PM »
I didn't feel like this belonged in the corral because it's a personal thing even though it's 100% pony related!

I'm going to share my tattoo wishlist and chat about tattoos in this thread, specifically MLP ones! Yay!  :silly:

As you can see, I'm currently a blank canvas:
(shameless insert of the best picture of me I have)
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

well, you can't completely tell because I'm clothed, but to spare you that image, I'm going to just give you my word that I am a completely blank canvas!  ;)

So I’ve wanted the same few tattoos for a long time now, but I finally got around to scanning everything and compiling them into image files and putting them on some body templates to show to artists!

The most important ones to me were G3 Pinkie Pie’s cutie mark (which I wanted since I was little) and bikini tan line Pinkie Pie, which was on a beach towel I’ve had since I was a kid and I finally found a scan-a-ble image in a UK G3 magazine I got at MLP fair! (it's in my siggy too!)

The other tattoos are fairly new to my wishlist but they were added recently to match the theme of these two big wishlist items

so to ya'll new to G3 or unfamiliar with the meaning or sentiment of the arm tattoos/ don't get what you're looking at, I'm going to provide a short explanation! This will be my right arm. The blue heart is to match G3 Pinkie Pie’s hoof magnet heart. G3 ponies had magnets on the bottoms of their hooves with the MLP logo and a heart on the leg that contained the magnet. I’m not sure if I want the MLP logo on the palm of my hand because I may not have that level of pain tolerance!

The other thing on my forearm is a pony point! pony points were a program run by Hasbro where MLP products each had points on the boxes that could be cut out, saved, and sent to Hasbro for various prizes. 100 pony points were eventually redeemable for a giant Frilly Frocks plush (you can see her in the background of most of my pics in my room) . I saved every point and bought every prize as a kid.

Bigger image for those who can't tell what it is:

This is the one I scanned from a page of stickers I have, but if I can scan one with the little “cut here” scissors image off of one of my MIB ponies, I’d rather have that tattooed. (I also think I’m worth a little more than ONE point)

I want more pony tats but these are the ones I’ve completely decided on. I still need to figure out where I can stand taking pain, since some areas are more sensitive. I’ll need to be cautious because I am hemophobic so any area that will bleed a lot (that I can’t look away from when it’s getting tattooed) should be avoided

Now, there's a bit of a dilemma as to why I haven't gotten these tattoos!
 I'm a college student, so money is very budgeted. I may be able to afford it if I spread out the tattoos, but I would be more likely to spend my money on something else because my mother hates tattoos with a passion. She's one of those "you'll regret this"/"it's ruining your body" type of people. Ironic, since she's an artist! She does see the art in it but she would kick me out if I got one. So the tattoos will have to wait.   :sad:

Do any of you have/plan on getting MLP tattoos? what do you think?  :lovey:
I'd love to see your tattoos/tattoo wishlists and hear your opinions on mine!

Offline ponycake

• Trade Count: (+14)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Pony tattoos!
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2014, 02:16:20 PM »
I have gone through so many ideas and have not settled on one yet! I definitely want my own g1 pony tattoo though.

Check out my art thread here

WTB: US MIB Birthday Pony

Offline achab1984

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+222)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • Ponies make me smile! <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2014, 02:18:37 PM »
I am not a tattoo person but I love that picture of you with all the Pinkie Pies :)

squishy turdl

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2014, 02:30:13 PM »
Super cute! I'm a tattoo artist so I plenty of tattoos  (although my mum still hates them all, She evens still notices when I get something new.. funny since I have so many now) :) but just this year I got my first pony tattoo... mimic.. one of my favourites from childhood and she is soo tattoo worthy!

http://instagram.com/p/qq98SsA3Er/?modal=true

« Last Edit: July 25, 2014, 02:33:16 PM by squishy turdl »

Offline kaoskat

• Trade Count: (+224)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • Happy & Odd OT & Customs Mod
    • View Profile
    • kaoskat's Customs FB page
« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2014, 02:34:51 PM »
Those seem very cute!

kaoskat's Customs FB Page, please like!Commissions open & custom trades OPEN!
kaoskat's Sales :hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster:

EeveeMUA

« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2014, 05:06:15 PM »
My mum is exactly the same.  I have quite a few tatoos and she hates them all, but she just accepts it anyway haha  ^.^

I have a G4 Spike at the moment.  He's in need of a fix up as he was done by a friend of mine currently in her apprenticeship, so he's a touch wobbly and some colour has fell out but I don't mind as we'll sort him out once she's improved.  I'm more than happy to help a good friend out, which a few people have negative opinions on as I've experienced, but on the grand scheme of things it's not an issue for me as he's so little in comparison to my other tattoos. 
Also he does look a lot worse in this photo than he actually is. Spoilers as photos are pretty big.
Spoiler

My entire left arm is left blank at the moment until I can afford to start work on it for my G1 sleeve, I'm planning on getting my favourites tattoo in the style of the pony back card art.  I can't wait to get started on that but I'm going to be a skint student again for the next two years so that's all a pipe dream for now!  I also want Fizzy's soda floats on my butt too, as she's my favourite pony.  :frolic:

I also have Amalthea from The Last Unicorn on my leg, not MLP related I know, but pony related overall!
Spoiler

I say you should totally go for it with whatever tattoos you want, at the end of the day it's your body and you can do with it what you like, and I think they'd look awesome.  The only thing I'd maybe say to watch out for is the hand tattoos, depending on what line of work you want to get into it may not be a good idea as unfair as it is a lot of employers can/will discriminate on that.  -_-

Post Merge: July 25, 2014, 05:10:01 PM

Super cute! I'm a tattoo artist so I plenty of tattoos  (although my mum still hates them all, She evens still notices when I get something new.. funny since I have so many now) :) but just this year I got my first pony tattoo... mimic.. one of my favourites from childhood and she is soo tattoo worthy!

http://instagram.com/p/qq98SsA3Er/?modal=true

Beautiful Mimic!  Your style is exactly how I want my sleeve done, come to the UK and draw some pretty ponies all over my arm! haha  :biggrin:
« Last Edit: July 25, 2014, 05:10:02 PM by EeveeMUA »

Offline PinkiePosh

• previously pinkiepony
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 25, 2014, 05:18:05 PM »
I'd love to have a tattoo artist friend do something on me! ♡ I'm not so worried about discrimination in the workplace as a hairstylist since most people in the industry have tattoos and piercings! My main struggle is money right now and I don't really know what I'd say to my mom.

EeveeMUA

« Reply #7 on: July 25, 2014, 05:34:06 PM »
Ah that's the great thing about working in creative industries, there's so much freedom to look how you want to!  I'm a make up artist myself, so tattoos aren't an issue for me either.

100% go for it once you can afford it  :biggrin:

Offline Eternia

• Trade Count: (+92)
  • MOC Mimic
  • The girliest
    • View Profile
    • Oat Couture
« Reply #8 on: July 25, 2014, 05:45:37 PM »
I love the pony points idea! So neat!
Here is my one and only, that I looove showing off hehe (it's on my thigh, i am tiny)

I get asked all the time if it is a temp tattoo, since the colors are so vivid. My artist was really great and sweet to work with, though he made me a bit nervous saying this is the girliest piece he has ever done!
My advice is to know what you want, and find an artist whos style you like, and trust. Speak up during every stage of the process, I had him make several changes during the sketch process, and while he was inking me I would say something if I didn't like the way a particular color looked. I knew exactly what I wanted and got it!
It was such a great experience overall, the pain was pretty annoying but worth it! It will hurt no matter where you decide to get it, but I have heard armpits are like the worst.the pain feels like a sunburn being horribly scratched.  They are expensive, average $100/hour but different style tattoos will cost more! Hope that helps :-)
« Last Edit: July 25, 2014, 05:49:31 PM by Eternia »
My Wantlist! Connect with me! Facebook Tumblr Flickr Instagram=oatcouturepony & charmingplastics
No girly swap this year!

Offline PinkiePosh

• previously pinkiepony
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 25, 2014, 05:47:17 PM »
Ah that's the great thing about working in creative industries, there's so much freedom to look how you want to!  I'm a make up artist myself, so tattoos aren't an issue for me either.

100% go for it once you can afford it  :biggrin:

I don't really have any idea how much any of it would cost. There are too many tattoo artists to choose from and so little time to get one done!

I love the pony points idea! So neat!
Here is my one and only, that I looove showing off hehe (it's on my thigh, i am tiny)

I get asked all the time if it is a temp tattoo, since the colors are so vivid. My artist was really great and sweet to work with, though he made me a bit nervous saying this is the girliest piece he has ever done!
My advice is to know what you want, and find an artist whos style you like, and trust. Speak up during every stage of the process, I had him make several changes during the sketch process, and while he was inking me I would say something if I didn't like the way a particular color looked. I knew exactly what I wanted and got it!
It was such a great experience overall, the pain was prett annoying but worth it! It will hurt no matter where you decide to get it, but I have heard armpits are like the worst. They are expensive, avergae I have heard is $100/hour but different style tattoos will cost more! Hope that helps :-)

Wow it's so pretty! I would love to get something on my thigh, too sometime. I wouldn't know how to go about finding an artist but I guess Ill need to do more research and ask around!
« Last Edit: July 25, 2014, 05:50:50 PM by PinkiePony »

EeveeMUA

« Reply #10 on: July 25, 2014, 05:57:18 PM »
Just always remember 'Good tattoos aren't cheap and cheap tattoos aren't good'.

You literally get what you pay for when it comes to tattooing, what the artist charges tends to reflect their work.
There is a £60 minimum charge in the best studios here where I live in Scotland (which is like roughly $100 I think?) and that could be for literally the tiniest little tattoo, but with that you're going to get a high quality piece of work.  :)

Offline aintnobuffalo

• Lord Commander of the Minty Army
  • Trade Count: (+53)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • ♪Let the voice of love take you higher♪
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 25, 2014, 07:00:45 PM »
I love the cutie mark and the heart for your hand! Pinkie is a good theme to go with (for both tattoos and glamor shots apparently!). And you've started quite a fun thread! I'm surprised I haven't come with a pony tattoo I want, now that I think about it. The ones in these thread have got me thinking now...

The hand, inner forearm, and the parts of Pinkie near your spine will be the most painful ones. (Maybe try the cutie mark first? That would be one you hide from your mom too.) I can personally speak to the near-the-spine pain; I have a rat on my shoulder and it got pretty intense when he did the tail across my spine. On the other hand, there was almost no pain when I was having it done on the outside of my shoulder and arm, so you may want to consider that area if you ever decide you want more tattoos. However, I am an absolute wimp when it comes to pain, and I actually kind of enjoy the pain of a tattoo. It sounds weird, but I think the vibrations from the needle make it not feel so bad. (The aftercare though; ouch!) You may find that tattoos aren't so bad for you when you get your first few, and that may free up more areas of your body for ideas.
Sig by Corona
Wish List

Offline Corona

• Eohippus Pony
  • Trade Count: (+33)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Japanifornia Attorney Spokespony
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 25, 2014, 07:45:27 PM »
I want to get a (non-pony) tattoo but I'm so terrified of needles that I've fainted twice from normal blood tests. I work next door to a tattoo shop that does great work so I might pop in just to see how they deal with anxious clients. I'll be on my shoulder so I won't see it happening.

If I do get a pony tattoo, I might go for Princess Cadance's cutie mark. It's elegant enough to pass as something artsy but pony people will get it.

Duster reference]

Offline UrocyonFox

• Zombie BBE Pony
  • Trade Count: (+142)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
    • Urocyonfox's Artwork
« Reply #13 on: July 25, 2014, 07:50:52 PM »
I to have Apples tattooed where you are wanting your balloons and I will say the hardest part of that was not giggling and jumping because it tickled so much! I don't have any pictures and I think it is best not to show my butt online. :3 I like the idea of you getting the heart and pony point is very cute.

The funny thing about tattoos is when people say "oh it'll look bad when you get old" my whole thing is all of me will look bad when I'm old so what!

I do tattoos myself however I'm such a germiphobe and I always hear people say "oh my artist didn't do it like I wanted, bla bla  artist fault bla bla blah" So I tend to steer clear of tattooing friends, family, or strangers.

As for your mom, ha ha my mother did not approve of tattoos but when I turned 18 the first thing I did was get the girl scout trefoil on my back and an ankh on my ankle. Both were places I could easily hide from my family. I think I hid them for 2 years before they found out. Just saying, food for thought, if you were wanting them but concerned about being found out start with ones you can hide easier.

squishy turdl

« Reply #14 on: July 26, 2014, 02:04:10 AM »
EeveeMua : Thanks lovely, I actually do guest spots in the UK quite often - a few times each year but I'll have a little booth at UK Ponycon this year with 'tattoo pony art' cards, posters, merch etc.. with lots of G1s in tattoo style so stop by (I saw in another thread your going) and we'll have a chat, I should have my banner up (carly kroll tattoo) and a little squishy turdl on arena and tp around too so you'll know it's me xx
Pinkypie Pinkypony : as for your tattoo ideas, they are lovely but the pony on your back under the umbrella is unfortunately too small, you will need to get it about 20-30% bigger minimum for the design to work.. also for the pony point label on your arm.. needs to be minimum the size of an iphone (maybe a bit bigger) to work. cute and cool ideas though.. xx

Eternia : I love your tattoo! Its lovely!! x
« Last Edit: July 26, 2014, 04:51:08 AM by squishy turdl »

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal