collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Dream Castle pc- Got it!  (Read 391 times)

Offline Sunset

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
Dream Castle pc- Got it!
« on: July 25, 2014, 07:36:20 AM »
So I have always wanted a Dream Castle and now that I am finally getting my very own pony room, I am determined to get one.  Of course, I want to get it for a good price.

I have looked on ebay at past listings but I am still a little confused as to what would be a good price on it in various conditions.

Can anyone tell me what a reasonable price is for just the shell?

With some of the accesories?

With all of the accesories?

Are there any accesories that are particularly hard to find that would significantly add to the value?

Also, I am looking for a replacement bow for my Nursery (its the only part I'm missing).  How hard do y'all think that will be to track down?  Will I be forced to purchase another Nursery just to get it?

Thanks!
« Last Edit: August 27, 2014, 10:43:50 AM by Sunset »

Offline Haruna

• Ninja Pony
  • Trade Count: (+64)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Many thanks to Nence for my beautiful avatar!
    • View Profile
Re: Dream Castle pc- Determined to get it!
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2014, 09:59:47 AM »
Hmm . . . it's hard to say. I sold a nice-condition Dream Castle shell for $53 (not including shipping) last year. It didn't have cracks or fading, and it had a working pulley and drawbridge. It didn't have any accessories or anything.

Offline Mermaid

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2014, 03:17:57 PM »
I bought my dream castle shell for $25 plus $25 shipping. Mine had very few accesories. I paid more to complete the dream castle than the actual price I paid for the castle.

It really depends because I've seen the shell go for $25-60 and then I've seen it go for much lower.
Thanks to calico star for my avatar!

Offline Lorelei Redfern

• Sprinkles Obsessed
  • Trade Count: (+104)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2014, 03:24:15 PM »
i agree the acceroys go for more then the shell. i sold a shell for  25.00  pick up a c ouple years ago
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline moonflower

• Trade Count: (+36)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • collecting est. 2005
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2014, 03:45:52 PM »
A complete DC with box I would say $70-85.
$85 is how much I paid for mine about 5 years ago and I don't think the price has changed much.

A nursery bow should be able to be found on it's own. My nursery was missing a few items but I eventually managed to track down all the items I needed to complete it.
You can keep your eyes peeled on the for sales thread and/or ebay and be patient (what I did).
or
You could actively seek out one by advertising the fact you are after one on the wanted forum, on facebook or in your signature.

Online lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2014, 03:58:51 PM »
Shipping is the killer on playsets.  :(  But yeah, $25-30 without accessories seems fair...
The Bad Trader List

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

Offline ponyqueen

• Trade Count: (+92)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • "My, Earth really is full of things." -King of All
    • View Profile
    • Etsy
« Reply #6 on: July 25, 2014, 04:00:48 PM »
Wow, I think I sold a Dream Castle last year on craigslist for like $5. I actually dropped the price from $10 because no one was buying. No accessories. Yellowed. Probably something was cracked. But now I learned that yellowed can be restored and stickers can be printed etc.

I would think at a local pony meet that maybe someone would sell one under $25 for just the shell. I would! The thing is huge and I'd be glad to get an extra one off my hands.

Good luck!

:heart: Did I forget to leave feedback? Please pm me! :heart:

Offline invaderhorizongreen

• Trade Count: (+130)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 25, 2014, 05:06:58 PM »
I got lucky and got a shell with some accessories for $20.00 from someone at the local flea. I am still missing parts though, and good luck.

Offline scarletjul

• Trade Count: (+260)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 25, 2014, 05:17:02 PM »
Can't help with Dream Castle but I was able to get the bow for my nursery for under $5.  You should be able to find it separately.
Sales on HOLD!
Pony sales!

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 26, 2014, 01:43:59 PM »
Like a lot of playsets they vary crazily when you have one without accessories and one thats complete or at least has a lot of accessories.

I think because of the shipping price, people tend to hold off in order to get one with as many accessories as possible. The whole...dont want to drop $30 on shipping something which is only worth $15 but not minding paying $30 for shipping on something which is worth $80...kind of thing.

For that reason if you are looking for a shell you can pick them up surprisingly cheap. However for a Castle with a variety of the accessories anywhere from $50-100 is possible. The more accessories and the less yellowed the set the higher it will be of course. Things like accompanying instructions, blue goblets, ribbons, horse shoes and Majesty's tiara are all the items which are hardest to find with the set.

I agree with moonflower on the bow - its one of the easier bits to track down but when searching for it make sure to check a lot of general 80s toy auction lots. Unless you know what its for...a lot of people would never realise its MLP...its often assumed to be a hair tie [which I supposed it was] or not MLP at all.
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline Sunset

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 27, 2014, 10:43:27 AM »
Sorry for pulling up this old thread, but I finally won an auction for DC and I'm curious how well I did.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/MY-LITTLE-PONY-G1-DREAM-CASTLE-Majesty-amp-Spike-W-BOX-accessories-/251620989107?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2047675.l2557&nma=true&si=F2SwkaFOx%252FKLC%252FKE0P3o9cdQIes%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc

I won it for $56 though with shipping it came out to $94 total.  It appears to me to have almost all of the original accessories except the ribbons.  Is there other accessories that it is missing?  Did I get it for a good price?

I'm so excited to get it in the mail!

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
Re: Dream Castle pc- Got it!
« Reply #11 on: August 27, 2014, 02:06:45 PM »
That looks like a great price to me :) And virtually complete as well! Congrats!
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline Sunset

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Dream Castle pc- Got it!
« Reply #12 on: August 27, 2014, 05:25:35 PM »
Thanks!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal