collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Styling Strands Fashion Style Fluttershy: Is her hair like Equestria Girls hair?  (Read 500 times)

Offline Neon Sparkle

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
I don't actually own any G4 Fashion Style Ponies (Other than the 2012 Fair Exclusive Bubble Butt) but for some reason I really like that Rainbow haired Fluttershy I keep seeing everywhere and I noticed it's cheap on Amazon, But I was wondering if the hair is like that really tangly thin hair that frizzes really easily on Equestria Girls dolls, or at least it does on the ones I have.

Does anyone have her, and if so is her hair fairly nice? I'm kind of a Fluttershy nut and I really like her long, rainbowy hair, lol.

Offline Roseprincess1

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
she is a wonderful l ittle toy .. however while her hair is not thin it is VERY VERY soft.. this is to allow the lil velcro thingers to attach them selves to it.
and it can tangle if you aren't careful.. i did mine's hair in a braid but you can do other things too!
just be a lil careful when you are brushing it.. and she will do great.
RP 

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
  • Trade Count: (+101)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
No - it is not like the Equestria Girls hair at all-

It feels like brushed cotton actually. Puffy, whispy - it definitely tangles easily but can look nice if you curl it up and are careful with it.  However, it doesn't have that tough, shiny quality that typical MLP nylon has.  Very different also from whatever that brittle stuff they've been using on some of the EQ girls.  There were some Barbies (and Lady Lovelylocks) in the early 90s that had hair like the FS hair.  I will admit the hair is a major gripe of mine about this pony- but she is still a really lovely pony and I'd recommend her anyway.  The long hair is kinda neat, and her wings are pretty (albeit small and oddly placed)
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
I don't have her but I have met her :P

As mentioned the hair is very different from everything within the MLP line in order to work with velcro. I think its a bit of a shame to be honest; I know a couple of little girls who have her as the toy she is supposed to be. However, her hair is always in knots and one of them has had hers scissored off simply because...well kids you know? I think when something frustrates that was the easiest option. :P

If you style her and display her, all is good. Just dont think her hair will take a lot of action unless you are prepared to continually comb it out.
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
  • Trade Count: (+101)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
On topic-   
yeah I think her hair will be terrible for kids.  I think Hasbro cheaped out in order to provide long hair.  Both Seran and Nylon are expensive, I bet the cottony crap is much less so they can make it longer.  It looks OKAY if you give it a tight boil perm, but any mussing at all and it frizzes right up.

Off topic- 
Seriously I just realized BeaverCat that you are HathorCat!!!! 
I've been busy with work, but when I dropped in I was like, "who is this Beavercat I see posting all over the Arena- and she seems so knowledgeable!" lol   Then I was thinking... where the heck is Hathorcat these days? and was like... OOOOOOH.  Arena shenanigans again I suppose  :lol:

Offline Mirnyj

• Siamese PurrPony
  • Trade Count: (+38)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • A house is not a home without a siamese cat
    • View Profile
    • My Blog (in finnish)
"Ribbonshy"s ribbons are attached with velcro? I thought they were rooted...  Another day, another disappointment :(

instagram ~ facebook ~ online store

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
On topic-   
yeah I think her hair will be terrible for kids.  I think Hasbro cheaped out in order to provide long hair.  Both Seran and Nylon are expensive, I bet the cottony crap is much less so they can make it longer.  It looks OKAY if you give it a tight boil perm, but any mussing at all and it frizzes right up.

Off topic- 
Seriously I just realized BeaverCat that you are HathorCat!!!! 
I've been busy with work, but when I dropped in I was like, "who is this Beavercat I see posting all over the Arena- and she seems so knowledgeable!" lol   Then I was thinking... where the heck is Hathorcat these days? and was like... OOOOOOH.  Arena shenanigans again I suppose  :lol:

ROFL...I am actually thinking about keeping this name...it works for me.

Blame ponylady...although I may have got some of my own revenge :P
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline Silver_mirror46

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
    • Check out my art store @La Poyoshop on Etsy
she's absolutely beautiful but I hate the hair, it's brittle and tangles easily she needs a lot of care if you're taking her out of the box :)

thank you PonyWithnoCrown afor the lovely pony in siggie :3
My DA page  My Tumblr Art Tag  Commissions   Trader Feedback

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal