collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Korra got the boot!? D:  (Read 1789 times)

Offline Bergamot

• Trade Count: (+25)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
    • Wafflehaus
Re: Korra got the boot!? D:
« Reply #30 on: July 25, 2014, 05:59:22 PM »
Ah, thank goodness! Korra has too many loose ends to tie up without a fourth Book.

S.o.a.r.

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #31 on: July 26, 2014, 01:04:14 AM »
It will be interesting to see how long it takes for the new episodes to be released here in Sweden and if the online episodes even will be available on our Nickelodeon website. :huh: Sweden is always behind...

I absolutely loved the "Air" part and nothing can ever compare to it in my personal opinion but the storyline itself with Korra has been surprisingly exciting and thrilling. The Avatar this time is older and makes for more "adult" drama with love conflicts and what not. But I'm not surprised that Korra hasn't been as well received as Aang was, however I would really like to see them complete the "Avatar" series with all four elements...

Offline Nightbow

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • Dazzle Surprise
  • A figment of your imagination
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 26, 2014, 07:02:10 AM »
It took a long time for the character to develop. She kept making the same hotheaded mistakes over and over, but this season she's much more mature. I struggled with the character before but now I've started to relate to her better, and like her a lot more. I hope we won't have to see the show go just yet!
I'm looking to buy Port-o-Bella. Please email me.

Offline Dragonflitter

• Trade Count: (+101)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 26, 2014, 12:14:20 PM »
People it is not cancelled! None of you seem to be grasping that and just so you know there will be a book four.

Did you read any posts in this thread at all? NO one said it was being cancelled. Even my first post that started the thread I said that. The purpose of this thread is to discuss the fact that a great show is being taken off the air on the Nickalodeon tv channel, and to discuss the future of the show as it will exist online.

While it's true that more shows are popping up as online-only these days, in my experience it's usually shows that were originally created to be online-only. I've rarely seen a show start on television and then become online-only later on, especially mid-season, and I don't think Nick would have chosen to do this if Korra was pulling in the ratings they were looking for.

It's a shame because I agree that there were a lot of issues with the first and second seasons, but I really like the differences they decided on for this third season. A lot of choices they made were returning to the roots of the series, the things that made the first series so grand. We're seeing a more mature Korra now who is stepping in to try to help people and not just act like a whiny teenager. We're seeing more emphasis on plot-driven character development and not just teenage romance plotlines. And we're seeing less of Republic City and more of the world as the Avatar leaves the city to explore around the different lands just like Aang & Co. used to do. Things were really looking up for season 3 and I'm sad that it might have been too late to win back the popularity that the show needs. :(
Thank you Thimble for my amazingly cute avatar!

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 27, 2014, 11:51:39 AM »
I think...Aang had something completely special about him.  He never was egotistical yet he was somehow the embodiment of the avatar complete with being one with the universe and having an inner peace and spirituality and innocence and kindness and goodness and selflessness, all the while still being a playful little boy.  Whereas with Korra she is a little more like a normal self-centered teenage girl and I don't see the connectivity to life and peace as much within her as I saw with Aang.  I see her more as a rebellious teen with special powers, rather than the avatar.  And for this reason, I don't think it works as brilliantly as it did with Aang.

I agree with you, I love ATLA more. I know Korra's a completely different avatar and I understand that they are all their own person with each incarnation, but her stereotype has been done to death and she didn't get character development the way Aang and his crew did. Aang felt more real, he made mistakes and suffered for them, he'd get angry, happy, sad, humble, scared, unsure and was very in touch with his spiritual side. Korra feels one dimensional and steam rolls over everyone and everything.
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline achab1984

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+222)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • Ponies make me smile! <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 27, 2014, 06:07:38 PM »
I have never seen it but I am sorry to hear that :( Its never fun to have something taken off that you love to watch :(

Offline Midnight_Dream

• Trade Count: (+29)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • May the llama be with you!
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 27, 2014, 10:18:43 PM »
Dragonflitter step off with your attitude. If you read you would see that most of the tone in a lot of the posts it is as if the show has been cancelled and it doesn't matter if you flat out say the show is cancelled if your tone acts like it has been.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Dragonflitter

• Trade Count: (+101)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 28, 2014, 09:27:07 AM »
Midnight_Dream I assure you I have been reading every post in this thread--which makes sense, since I started it. I see that I stated multiple times (as do other people in this thread) that the show has not been cancelled but is being moved to online. Which is what we are all talking about.

You are the one who seems to be having an attitude. Whatever you are reading into the 'tone' of the thread is what you are imagining yourself. It has nothing to do with what we are actually posting. Coming in and telling people "stop freaking out, it's not cancelled!" contributes nothing to this discussion thread because no one in here other than you seems to think we are discussing the show being cancelled.

Anyway, back to the actual point of the thread: At Comic Con they had an interesting after-panel discussion with some of the voice actors and show creators. The crew of Korra seem to be scrambling to reassure their fans that Korra will be available online (although I've already seen people complaining that Nick.com online service is not available in their country).

Although the topic of conversation quickly moved from talking about the show to talking about the upcoming game, there is some interesting info:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=csjNTbBtUqo
Thank you Thimble for my amazingly cute avatar!

Honey Bunches

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #38 on: July 29, 2014, 09:08:15 AM »
Bummer!
My spunky daughter loves Korra. Thankfully it's still available online.
Hopefully, all seasons will come through on Netflix.

Offline SwordPony

• Trade Count: (+271)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: July 29, 2014, 10:55:55 AM »
Aww man that stinks! I loved watching Korra on Fridays. It's the only show that I could get my Hubby to watch with me.

I guess I'll have to watch it online. I need my Korra fix.

Offline moonsugar

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
    • my Tumblr blog (may occasionally contain adult content)
« Reply #40 on: July 30, 2014, 06:38:50 AM »
So glad to hear there's still going to be a Book 4. I've only just started watching Avatar!
:fox:

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal