collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Anyone going to SDCC?  (Read 301 times)

Offline Sora

• Pokémon Master
  • Trade Count: (+17)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
Anyone going to SDCC?
« on: July 23, 2014, 05:04:12 AM »
I know it's a bit of a long shot, but will anybody be at Comic Con at all?

I'm trying to get hold of a copy of the Skylanders comic which will be premiering there. Unfortunately, the main Skylanders forum won't allow trading of any kind to go on, so I was wondering if anyone here could pick it up for me at all? :D
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Aqua Heart custom by Kitkumi!

Offline melodys_angel

• Trade Count: (+21)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
    • View Profile
Re: Anyone going to SDCC?
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2014, 09:55:26 AM »
Best of luck hun--im sure someone will be going.  They usually do :)

TY to the respective artists for my Destiny art :)  YAY MA finally managed to re-upload her stuff!

Offline kaoskat

• Trade Count: (+224)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • Happy & Odd OT & Customs Mod
    • View Profile
    • kaoskat's Customs FB page
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2014, 12:17:16 PM »
I'm sure someone is. I hope they can get it for you!

kaoskat's Customs FB Page, please like!Commissions open & custom trades OPEN!
kaoskat's Sales :hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster:

Offline Khema

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2014, 12:07:24 AM »
Have you seen the kickstarter project for the comiccon journal? It's so awesome!

Offline goddessofpeep

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2014, 11:48:03 PM »
You'll probably have a better chance if you post more details like the booth number where it can be found, *exactly* what it's called, and a picture of the actual item. SDCC isn't the kind of place you can just "pick up" something. It's crowded beyond imagining, and just massive. It's incredibly easy to miss an entire booth(and not just the small ones) due to the crush of people. Even if you know what you're looking for and where to find it, it can be really hard to get a specific item.

That's why I stopped hunting for other people. Tracking down even one or two items could take hours in that crowd, and my husband would get frustrated so we'd spend the con fighting.  And then there's the hours of dragging somebody else's dead weight around the con to deal with once you find it.  I've offered to pick up a few things for a friend, and usually spend the entire day doing it. I looked at things for myself in between my friend's booth stops, but that was pretty much my whole day.  Now my husband gets really upset if I offer to go hunting at SDCC because of a lot of bad times. I don't blame him:/  I hunted for friends for years.  I started calling it "divorce con" because if all the fights from trying to navigate all those toy lines.   

I was there today, and since what you're looking for is small and light(and cheap), I kept an eye out for Skylander anything to see if I got lucky. Besides some guy dressed as one just wandering around, I didn't see anything even remotely like that.  I could have been standing right next to it, but if it was near one of the many bottlenecks or lines, or they were giving away freebies at a booth nearby, I never would have seen it.   I did look, and I covered the whole floor, but it was chaos today.

I'm heading home tomorrow(just in for the day), but maybe somebody else can help you.  If you post the information I suggest, you'll make it 100X easier for someone to find it, and make it that much more likely you'll get your item. I'm sorry I couldn't find it today.   Good luck!
« Last Edit: July 25, 2014, 01:33:50 AM by goddessofpeep »

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal