collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Which G1 ponies were USA release only? :)  (Read 1166 times)

Offline MLPWhitney

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+149)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
Which G1 ponies were USA release only? :)
« on: July 22, 2014, 04:03:01 PM »
Hi pony friends! :happy:

I am sure an expert here will know this. I am trying to catalogue my collection, and was unsure which ponies/ sets of ponies were only released in the US!  :P

:heart: THANK YOU!!! :heart:
My :heart: belongs to wacky G1 merchandise!

Offline Ledbyrd

• Extra glitter on mine please!
  • Trade Count: (+41)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Twinkle Eyed Nightlight
    • View Profile
Re: Which G1 ponies were USA release only? :)
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2014, 04:07:07 PM »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thanks to Nence for my siggy art!
My Wishlist
Currently searching for Ice Crystal

Offline MLPWhitney

• Arena Supporter
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2014, 04:17:04 PM »
This link should help :)

http://www.kimsites.net/dreamvalley/ponies_list.html

Thank you! I am very familiar with Dream Valley, however, she doesn't specify which sets of ponies were never released in other countries. For example, the the Big Brothers were released all over the world despite them being "US", whereas at least some TAF ponies were ONLY released in the US. Does that make sense? :hug:

Offline Majesty

• Metal Gear Solid Pony
  • Trade Count: (+35)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • G1 and G3 Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2014, 04:19:28 PM »
I see what you mean.  It would be nice to be able to own ponies that you couldn't get anywhere else but the US.  We need our own Nirvanas.

Offline Ledbyrd

• Extra glitter on mine please!
  • Trade Count: (+41)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Twinkle Eyed Nightlight
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2014, 04:22:43 PM »
Oh, I see. Thanks for the clarification. Hope you find what you need  :good:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thanks to Nence for my siggy art!
My Wishlist
Currently searching for Ice Crystal

Offline Brightglowpony

• Trade Count: (+32)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2014, 04:52:00 PM »
Whitney, I've been wondering the same thing!  I think I remember reading that the Prom Queen SHS ponies were US only, due to prom being a US tradition, but maybe someone can clarify.  I'm curious to see if someone has a good list :)
Wishlist
Thank you to Witch for my stunning avatar!

Offline Elfpony

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+71)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 22, 2014, 06:36:58 PM »
Interesting question. US and...Canada?  Because I'm pretty sure we got all the same G1s as the States. (Not really what you meant, I know, but I'm being a stickler for details). ;)

Elf

Offline MLPWhitney

• Arena Supporter
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 22, 2014, 10:21:15 PM »

Interesting question. US and...Canada?  Because I'm pretty sure we got all the same G1s as the States. (Not really what you meant, I know, but I'm being a stickler for details). ;)

Elf

Very good point, Elf! They would definitely be US-Canada concurrent releases! I didn't mean to exclude anyone. :blush: And actually, Canada makes my heart sing when it comes to MOC G1 merchandise, as I get to collect the alternate packaging with the English/French print! :P And I often suspect that some of the cooler merchandise may have only been released in Canada, though I only have my decade and a half experience of scouring eBay to speculate!
I digress! :hug:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Rachel-Eyes

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 22, 2014, 11:41:30 PM »
A German collector once told me that many of the baby Sea Ponies are US/Can-exclusive. According to her, the Watercolors and the Pretty n Pearlies were the only ones that had an international release. Apparently our Y3s were also limited, as well as Sea Winkle and Sea Light (who were replaced abroad by Wave Jumper and Sea Spray).

That might apply only to Europe though. If the Y3s are at least US/Can-exclusive, then perhaps that also explains the rarity of those ponies?

If I'm wrong on this though, please please PLEASE correct me!

I agree, I'd like to know all about our own "nirvanas."

Offline Mermaid

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 23, 2014, 01:55:33 AM »
*hugs Whitney* hi friend!

I think a lot of the year ten ponies were us/canada exclusive like the pearly mermaids, tropical babies, color swirls and soda sippin' ponies.

I also know that some sets were released both internationally and stateside but certain ponies were not included in the euro release. Mimic and bright eyes from the second te set comes to mind, and diamond dreams and sparkler from the mgr set. I also think the summer wings and windy wings are included in this, as well as the peek a boo babies, baby brothers, and fancy pants babies.

Were the additional ss and te ponies from the first set released internationally? I'm talking Skippity do and co and sweetpop and co. Also wondering about the second set of flutters?

I'm not sure what Australia/nz got though, they sometimes are the exception.

Also not sure on the mail orders, I've heard goldilocks and the three embers had an international run, but haven't really seen Taf babies, pretty mane ponies, baby blue ribbon, birthday sisters, cup cake sisters, and valentines twins on international ebays.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2014, 01:58:04 AM by Mermaid »
Thanks to calico star for my avatar!

Offline Elfpony

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+71)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 23, 2014, 10:48:49 AM »

Elf

Very good point, Elf! They would definitely be US-Canada concurrent releases! I didn't mean to exclude anyone. :blush: And actually, Canada makes my heart sing when it comes to MOC G1 merchandise, as I get to collect the alternate packaging with the English/French print! :P And I often suspect that some of the cooler merchandise may have only been released in Canada, though I only have my decade and a half experience of scouring eBay to speculate!

I'm only teasing of course. But I've been racking my brain trying to think if there was anything in the US line that we didn't get up here, and no ponies come to mind. There were a few things that had slight differences, I think. Like Rama Llama was offered as an MO MLP friend up here (as part of the MLP line instead of or in addition to the Jem line). There was also the tiny NB twin baby bottle that I understand was CDN release.

Trying to list merchandise makes my head hurt, but I do love it so.

Elf

Offline Doedeardarling

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 23, 2014, 12:08:37 PM »
I think My Little Pony Scrapbook can help you with this. They have noted on each pony's page whether the pony in question was released in the UK or if it was exclusive, to US or to another country.

Offline Mermaid

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 24, 2014, 12:20:25 AM »

Elf

I'm only teasing of course. But I've been racking my brain trying to think if there was anything in the US line that we didn't get up here, and no ponies come to mind. There were a few things that had slight differences, I think. Like Rama Llama was offered as an MO MLP friend up here (as part of the MLP line instead of or in addition to the Jem line). There was also the tiny NB twin baby bottle that I understand was CDN release.

Trying to list merchandise makes my head hurt, but I do love it so.

Elf

Were the valentines twins, lil tot, or baby chuck e cheese available in canada?
Thanks to calico star for my avatar!

Offline mlp4me

• Nanu Nanu Orkan Pony
  • Trade Count: (+111)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • A Happy Pony Day To You!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 24, 2014, 05:16:09 AM »
I hear that the MO Rice Krispies baby is a North America only release... lol. I thought there was a post similar to this, but quite awhile back. (This is always a confusing thing because I'm fairly certain we had some european releases sneak in on the east coast.)

G4 customs 4 sale
     Wants: Jamie Dornanvisitors can't see pics , please register or login
Hey, a girl can dream, right?

Offline ashlyne

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+170)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 24, 2014, 06:06:07 AM »
I think My Little Pony Scrapbook can help you with this. They have noted on each pony's page whether the pony in question was released in the UK or if it was exclusive, to US or to another country.

Definitely this! 
http://www.etherella.com/scrapbook/index10x7.html

Taffeta's site is very useful. I've never done this so I can't answer your question outright, but start by cross-referencing the ponies mentioned on Taffeta's site with a US list.   That should take care of a good many.  I do know that only four of the six Sweetheart Sisters were released there, and I think I remember the same kind of thing with the Peek-a-boo babies... or maybe the boys.   

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal