collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Greek babies pony question  (Read 887 times)

Offline Bibinettepony

• Tickle, the Rainbow Pegasus Queen
  • Trade Count: (+65)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
Greek babies pony question
« on: July 22, 2014, 12:43:18 AM »
Hi all,

I am more and more in love with greek babies ponies  :lol: (specially if they are MIB or MIP ) and I need some more informations about these little beauties:

1) some of the babies are sold MIB/MIP with a buggy Inside a box and some MIP without it?

2) I saw 2 colors of the buggy: pink and blue? which is the more common? why 2 colors? girl and boy?  :lol:

3) some babies are MIP (Inside a plastic bag) and some are Inside lovely boxes ?? Can someone give me a list of babies in boxes and the others MIP?
Or does a list of this information exist (I saw on my little wiki but it seems not all the babies are listed)

4) what is the actual value of each baby MIB/MIP?

sorry to have asked so much but I need so much information  :blush: :blush:

Many thanks in advance for all your help , lots of Hugs :hug:

Bibinettepony
« Last Edit: July 22, 2014, 12:46:13 AM by Bibinettepony »
MLP forever MLP pour toujours

Offline LadyGuinevere

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+99)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
    • View Profile
    • Princesses with Dragons Accessory Survey
Re: Greek babies pony question
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2014, 12:28:54 PM »
Can't answer all your questions I'm afraid, but the pink buggy is definitely the more common. No idea why the two though! Could be the boy/girl thing, but I've never seen it confirmed wither way.

Some of the babies came with the buggies and others were sold in boxes similar to the US. I think the rarer babies (like baby Adara, Baby Moondancer and Baby Glory) only came in with the buggies, while others were sold in both ways, but I'm not positive about that.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Visit my Princesses with Dragons Accessory Website
Thanks to SDS for my gorgeous avvie!

Offline Miss Violet

• Trade Count: (+47)
  • Scribbles Pony
  • Takara ponies wanted!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2014, 04:58:57 PM »
it's complicated !
Well i remember my first baby it was bluebelle (light blue hair) she was with the pink buggy in box.
the blue color buggy is from the set of a greek doll name Bibi bo  (girl and boy Jhon Jhon )they had two twin babies and they used the same buggy as ponies (but in blue color)i am guessing to match the box in colors .The babies and Jhon Jhon came in a light blue box. Sometimes the buggy was in the same box on it's own. Or only the baby crib with the babies. 
El greco company was copying all the hasbro ponies and more popular U.S toys and  added a color or something extra.

this year i got a box with a baby firefly and the buggy. So i am guessing that all the babies were originally sold like that.

Takara ponies wanted!i have Milky and Pinky looking for the other ones! Takara outfits and accessories too!

open for ART COMMISSIONS!

Offline kitkatvintage

• Trade Count: (+353)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
    • KitKatVintage - My Little Pony Collection
« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2014, 05:51:13 PM »
I have a blue buggy that came MIB in the pony line, so the blue buggy variation is not exclusive to the El Greco doll line. ;) Blue buggies from the doll line come up for sale more often than boxed with ponies on eBay. If someone only wants a blue buggy, that is an easier way to get one.

Offline Bibinettepony

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2014, 11:20:54 PM »
 :hug: :hug: :hug: you are such nice pony Friends. So many thanks for your answers.

It helps me very well ;) ;)

WOW Greek ponies'world is sooooo amazing!!  :) :)

Offline pilarsworld

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Mighty Morphin Power Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2014, 04:47:47 AM »
Ohhhh...I never knew there was a baby Adara.Thats the name of my 1 year old grandaughter.........

I bet she is super rare and would cost a fortune but I so need this baby now.

Offline LadyGuinevere

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+99)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
    • View Profile
    • Princesses with Dragons Accessory Survey
« Reply #6 on: July 23, 2014, 01:44:48 PM »
I'm not sure if that's her official name, but it's what she's often referred to as. There are actually a few different colour variations of her, but they are all super rare and expensive as you guessed.

Visit my Princesses with Dragons Accessory Website
Thanks to SDS for my gorgeous avvie!

Offline pinkkittywinks

• Trade Count: (+452)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • Princess Kittywinks
    • View Profile
    • Etsy ~ Shadow on the Moon
« Reply #7 on: July 23, 2014, 03:29:52 PM »
it's complicated !
Well i remember my first baby it was bluebelle (light blue hair) she was with the pink buggy in box.
the blue color buggy is from the set of a greek doll name Bibi bo  (girl and boy Jhon Jhon )they had two twin babies and they used the same buggy as ponies (but in blue color)i am guessing to match the box in colors .The babies and Jhon Jhon came in a light blue box. Sometimes the buggy was in the same box on it's own. Or only the baby crib with the babies. 
El greco company was copying all the hasbro ponies and more popular U.S toys and  added a color or something extra.

this year i got a box with a baby firefly and the buggy. So i am guessing that all the babies were originally sold like that.

That's right :)

El Greco did mix in the cribs, bottles and such from other toy lines in with the MLP line.

I agree that the pink buggy is more common :)

Kitkat that's a good tip for hunting the buggy down!

Love pkw xxx
RedBubble Etsy Instagram Facebook

Get 10% off your order from my Etsy shop with the code MLPARENA10

Offline pilarsworld

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Mighty Morphin Power Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 24, 2014, 08:08:48 AM »
I'm not sure if that's her official name, but it's what she's often referred to as. There are actually a few different colour variations of her, but they are all super rare and expensive as you guessed.

Thank you for that info.Just as I guessed.I was so surprised because its not a particularly common name...Id even love a custom one.

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 26, 2014, 07:10:37 AM »
Oh gosh yes they sure loved to mix and match the accessories did El Greco :P

Greek baby ponies I think are the easiest to fall in love with - there is just something absolutely adorable about them.

Lets see on answering the questions one by one...

1) Babies were either sold MIB with their playpen, cradle, and various other small accessories - so you could see which baby was inside. Or they were sold MIB with the carriage. The box was always the US style box with Baby Cuddles featured but you could find any baby randomly inside of it - basically G1s blind bag carriage set :P They were not sold MIP but they were packaged inside the box in a plastic poly bag and thats why sometimes you will see them pop up being sold that way.

2) Pink is definitely the most common and as KitKat says the ponies could be boxed with either colour. Although the pink was way more common. The Babies were never given names - they are named after their US counterparts or given cute monikers by collectors not officially by Hasbro. They are essentially unspecific in gender :P Or at least its never defined boys or girls - therefore the colour differences, who really knows? Perhaps it was supposed to be for 2 different lines as mentioned and then knowing El Greco they accidentally cross packaged.

3) All of the babies were released in both ways - you will find everyone MIB with the crib, etc and everyone MIB with the buggy. As mentioned before no one was a MIP release.

4) It depends on the Baby; common [and I mean common in the context of Greek babies] such as Blossom will be at the lower end of the range while babies like Cuddles and the Unis can be a little painful in their price :P
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline pinkkittywinks

• Trade Count: (+452)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • Princess Kittywinks
    • View Profile
    • Etsy ~ Shadow on the Moon
« Reply #10 on: July 26, 2014, 04:29:13 PM »
As cat says they weren't given names. This could be cultural since in Greek tradition a baby isn't named until it's christened at a year old.

Love pkw xxx
RedBubble Etsy Instagram Facebook

Get 10% off your order from my Etsy shop with the code MLPARENA10

Offline Sebby6

• Maid of Metal \m/
  • Trade Count: (+151)
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://sebby6.darc.net
« Reply #11 on: August 08, 2014, 01:37:17 PM »
I'm currently on a quest to see how many threads I can post this picture in :)

Always looking for MLP erasers

Offline Bibinettepony

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 09, 2014, 04:33:09 AM »
 ^.^ ^.^ ^.^ so many thanks all for your help!! MERCI MERCI for all information!! You're all so nice!! :) :)

Sebby: I am in love with your greek Mommies and sweety Babies!!! Love your pic!! many thanks for sharing!! ;) ;)

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal