collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Hwhaaaa?  (Read 1888 times)

Offline ponycake

• Trade Count: (+14)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
Hwhaaaa?
« on: July 19, 2014, 04:46:46 PM »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Okay, even I want this quite a bit (super cute and cool to own), but I saw one sell for like $40-$60 at auction within the past year. I put a max bid in at $100 and then let it go, didn't want to pay any more for it. So I was shocked when I saw it reached over $400!

Wowza.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/My-Little-Pony-FIREFLYS-ADVENTURE-MOC-MIB-pony-and-VHS-/161363449130

Just sharing my shock.  :shocked:

Check out my art thread here

WTB: US MIB Birthday Pony

Offline Thunderwing

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+171)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
    • http://www.geocities.com/springwater_valley/home.html
Re: Hwhaaaa?
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2014, 06:36:36 PM »
What do you want to bet they open the package?  :P

Offline invaderhorizongreen

• Trade Count: (+130)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2014, 06:37:45 PM »
I am wondering if they are gonna open it as well, but no way I would pay $400.00 for that.

Offline Haruna

• Ninja Pony
  • Trade Count: (+64)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Many thanks to Nence for my beautiful avatar!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2014, 06:50:08 PM »
Wow! I saw it on Ebay and got nostalgic, because it reminds me of getting my Firefly and my beloved Firefly's Adventure movie. $400, wow!

Offline babylicketysplit

• Bionic Spine Pony
  • Trade Count: (+49)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • In Spite of your Fear, Do what You have to Do
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2014, 07:12:49 PM »
oh gosh please dont open it *head desk*     so pretty, thats a difficult one to see let alone buy in package! :)  congrats to the winner and seller.   i love that set.  i have the pony but of course not the exclusive tape.  i wonder if there are any extras in that one that arent in the normal release...
Check out my  Esty Shop  and MyEbay Sales!
 (Profits are going to help pay for my Rescue Horse's medical bills) <3
http://myworld.ebay.com/baby_licketysplit
http://www.etsy.com/shop/PoniesAndPets

Offline ButtercreamDream

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+99)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 19, 2014, 07:38:04 PM »
Neat!  I've never seen that one MIB.  I knew she was called 'movie Firefly', but I didn't realize she came with the movie...duh.

Offline Prideth

• Trade Count: (+50)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
  • Rainbow Sparkle Pony Power!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 19, 2014, 07:55:19 PM »
That's amazing!  It really looks beautiful.

That said, I just can't drop $400 on a pony.  Any pony.  I make decent money, but I just can't bring myself to drop that kind of cash on *anything* without seriously thinking about it pretty hard. 

Whoever bought it wanted it real bad, so I'm sure they're thrilled.  And  possibly loaded.   :lol:

Wishlist    Trade  Prideth Reference Sheet

Offline spottedslug

• Trade Count: (+106)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 19, 2014, 10:14:49 PM »
Someone mentioned this on facebook too. :) Lucky seller!

Offline Whippycorn

• Trade Count: (+82)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 20, 2014, 05:34:15 AM »
Ooh, I have never seen her MOC! As someone with a limited income I'm often flabbergasted by the money some people spend on ponies. I wish!
**** ARENA SALES ****

**** EBAY SALES ****

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 20, 2014, 06:16:18 AM »
I always hate threads like this. I have seriously and happily over bid/paid on several items in the past only to then see threads like this start; watching the silly price comments, or newbie bidding accusations or eye rolling over a high price does tarnish the win, you feel you cant brag or enjoy if other collectors judge you for paying that amount of money. :(

It was sold by a seller who is incredible and highly respected by a lot of collectors - you know you are getting exactly what she is selling and always in minty condition, for that reason her auctions always sell higher than on average. As an item it does not come up too often [I bought mine for $100 about 5 years ago and then sold it for $230 2 years ago]. I would love to buy it again and honestly if I was not in the middle of swapping jobs I would happily have bid higher on it than I did [although not won :P].

Considering some of the prices MIB FS Applejack has been going for - $250 for a pony which was pretty readily available and is part of a current line, meaning the same release could show up at any time - or some G4 "prototypes" which have absolutely no providence at all as to being real. Is $400+ for a MOC G1 of which only a small amount exist and that will never be produced again really that surprising?

So for me, well done buyer - you have purchased an awesome and a hard to find item, if you are here I hope you brag and make us all jealous for now owning such a cool piece - I am sure you will love it. And congrats to the seller for a great price!
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline mlp4me

• Nanu Nanu Orkan Pony
  • Trade Count: (+111)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • A Happy Pony Day To You!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 20, 2014, 06:30:22 AM »
I drool every time I see this MOC. The artwork is gorgeous and this version of Firefly is my favorite. Congrats to whomever won her!!

G4 customs 4 sale
     Wants: Jamie Dornanvisitors can't see pics , please register or login
Hey, a girl can dream, right?

Offline Shenanigans

• Trade Count: (+73)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 20, 2014, 06:30:51 AM »
What do you want to bet they open the package?  :P

Goodness, don't even suggest it :shocked: :faint: The thought hadn't crossed my mind and now I'm sure I'll have G1 package opening nightmares tonight :P

Post Merge: July 20, 2014, 06:31:33 AM

Oh and I've also never seen her MOC! She's gorgeous and the winner is one lucky pony :) As is the seller :lol:
My Wish List

Offline Artemesia's Garden

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Flicker Flame... Thanks to Brightberry!
    • View Profile
    • Things I make and Do
« Reply #12 on: July 20, 2014, 09:06:20 AM »
Images taken down  :cry:

Edit: thanks it's nice to see the image :)
« Last Edit: July 20, 2014, 09:18:11 AM by Artemesia Floc »
:heart: ISO G1 Daffodil, upgrade for June Rose; G1 Waterfall blue towel, G1 Waterfall bubbles bottle with white writing; Perfume Puff Palace green hat, pink bracelet and mesh scarves, glitter combs for SHS, lace scarves for SHS, G3 Flower Wishes and Candy Cane, Baby Northern Lights...Accessories from FiM Collection Canterlot Castle: Tirek's staff, Phoenix and stand, open book :heart: Pony Page :heart: Wish List :heart:

Offline Foxtale

• Trade Count: (+20)
  • Reverse Gusty Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 20, 2014, 09:28:01 AM »
I have never seen it in the package! $400 initially sounds a bit steep but overall based on the market sounds like a fair price for it MIP. Congrats to the winner (let's pray they don't open it ><)
~Foxtale~

Offline FantasticFirefly

• Trade Count: (+28)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Loves Accessories!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 20, 2014, 10:38:04 AM »
I always hate threads like this. I have seriously and happily over bid/paid on several items in the past only to then see threads like this start; watching the silly price comments, or newbie bidding accusations or eye rolling over a high price does tarnish the win, you feel you cant brag or enjoy if other collectors judge you for paying that amount of money. :(

I've gotten the threads too. One was a discussion about a $650 BIN MIB whitecap a few years back (I was the buyer). Was it a crazy price? yes it obviously was for most but I was over the moon when I added that pony to my collection. I recently bought another set (that still is giving me a bounce to my step) that most here will say I "overpaid" on. I hope you don't let it taint how you enjoy a buy, I can only guess at the epicness of your collection cat, speaking as another picky collector. :)

We all have different budgets, different methods of buying (some sellers I will overpay from because I get quality and friendly service, or there is some odd sentimental reason I want their pony, and not another being sold). We each have different "must have at any cost" ponies, differing amounts of pickyness when it comes to condition. some of us MLP is the passion, for others ponies are a mere part of other, or larger collections. There's no right or wrong to collecting. :)

This is a beautiful example of this set. She'll come up again, likely for less at some point. BUT if I were the buyer I'd be super happy, the packaging is in gorgeous condition and soon she will be in hand to enjoy, no more waiting for that listing to show up! If this is your pony, congrats! She's beautiful and you couldn't have bought her from a nicer seller. :)
« Last Edit: July 20, 2014, 10:44:03 AM by FantasticFirefly »

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal