collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Poll

Is the market for ponies good currently?

Yeah, for selling it's excellent, it's high at the moment.
6 (35.3%)
Yeah, for buying it's excellent, super low prices at the moment.
6 (35.3%)
No, it's hard to sell G1s at the moment.
5 (29.4%)

Total Members Voted: 15

Voting closed: July 20, 2014, 01:12:25 PM

Author Topic: Is the market good currently? (G1 only)  (Read 1409 times)

Offline Icecrystalline

• Guardian of Dreams
  • Trade Count: (+128)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • No longer active.
    • View Profile
Is the market good currently? (G1 only)
« on: July 19, 2014, 01:12:25 PM »
So, I'm just wondering, as I'm selling so much of my collection, I'd like to know what you think the market is doing at the moment? Is it good for buying (low prices) or good for selling (high prices)? I don't really have any idea about it at the moment, I have a feeling it's low (well, in my eyes, I was selling things last year for more easily)  :dizzy:

Thank you for your input!

Offline shimmlight

• Saviour of all Cowkind
  • Trade Count: (+16)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Moo.
    • View Profile
Re: Is the market good currently? (G1 only)
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2014, 01:17:37 PM »
I think it depends on the pony really. Some go to extortionate prices whilst others seem to just get ignored!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

:rainbow: Wantlist :rainbow: eBay Listings :rainbow: Arena Sales :rainbow:

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2014, 01:26:53 PM »
I think it kind of reflects the general economy. Mainly because buying ponies are for the vast majority of people a luxury item and therefore in order to purchase them you need pocket change. Prices are no where near what they were perhaps 5 or 7 years ago but they are up from where they were a couple of years ago and quite a few ponies are getting pricer and pricer. 

In general though the same tends to be true as always - the same ponies remain expensive, the same ponies remain common and affordable and everything else varies dramatically depending on who is popular or sough after at the time.
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline mlp4me

• Nanu Nanu Orkan Pony
  • Trade Count: (+111)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • A Happy Pony Day To You!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2014, 03:27:06 PM »
For the few ponies I have for sale it's been difficult to sell them. This goes the same for my customs...

G4 customs 4 sale
     Wants: Jamie Dornanvisitors can't see pics , please register or login
Hey, a girl can dream, right?

Offline Artemesia's Garden

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Flicker Flame... Thanks to Brightberry!
    • View Profile
    • Things I make and Do
« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2014, 03:36:49 PM »
I am glad I bought my collection in a year, last year because it's been a huge source of calm and healing for me. It's been a great focus when I was dealing with an illness. The only time to buy for me was the time when I wanted them.  I must say I have back-burnered a lot of more expensive ponies which you can see from my wish-list since most of the remaining ponies are in greyed out 'saved for later' lists. This mainly because expensive ponies worry me and that is the opposite of the point of my collection.  I've decided to accept the nay too shoddy selection that I now have, with one or two more to come which include some hair baits for me to make pretty and keep in my collection.. Anyway, I just like having them with me and I'm not thinking of selling them. I have some doubles I should sell for the benefit of other collectors and I will do that as soon as I can.  I just started a full time job so no more pony days for me for a while  :) I wish you good luck with your sales :hug:
:heart: ISO G1 Daffodil, upgrade for June Rose; G1 Waterfall blue towel, G1 Waterfall bubbles bottle with white writing; Perfume Puff Palace green hat, pink bracelet and mesh scarves, glitter combs for SHS, lace scarves for SHS, G3 Flower Wishes and Candy Cane, Baby Northern Lights...Accessories from FiM Collection Canterlot Castle: Tirek's staff, Phoenix and stand, open book :heart: Pony Page :heart: Wish List :heart:

Offline Haruna

• Ninja Pony
  • Trade Count: (+64)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Many thanks to Nence for my beautiful avatar!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 19, 2014, 06:55:13 PM »
As far as Ebay, I'd say sales are very slow, and prices are much lower than they were earlier in the year. I think that's normal for the summertime pony market, but I'm not sure. I'm selling an SDCC :muffin: Pony on Ebay right now that I bought for around $80 originally, and some are going for $30ish right now. :blink: And other ponies are not selling right away. I've done price checks and seen certain ponies selling steadily in April and May and then just not selling in June and July. Big lots and popular ponies seem to always sell well and pretty much at the same price or a good price, though. (like Mimic, or Nightglider)

Offline Jadis4742

• Trade Count: (+124)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
  • All the shy pose ponies, please!
    • View Profile
    • Pretty Nerdy
« Reply #6 on: July 19, 2014, 07:04:15 PM »
The timing isn't fantastic as well. You just had a lot of people spend money to get to the National Pony Fair in Nashville, then spend more money at the fair itself. So they won't be buying online for a while, I would think.

Offline ponycake

• Trade Count: (+14)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 19, 2014, 07:19:39 PM »
MOCs have gone up over the years. I'd say loose ponies are up as well. It's a good time to sell imo.

Check out my art thread here

WTB: US MIB Birthday Pony

Offline Radha

• Trade Count: (+30)
  • So Soft Pony
  • It goes ding when there's stuff!
    • View Profile
    • Tactile Memories
« Reply #8 on: July 19, 2014, 09:23:32 PM »
  I've recently gotten a couple of lots that I felt went a bit cheaper than usual, although that's always opinion :biggrin:.  I don't think it's major drop, though- just summer slowness.  If you are worried about selling for the most money, maybe wait until around October?  Thinks always pick up a bit around Christmastime.

Offline spottedslug

• Trade Count: (+106)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 19, 2014, 10:07:16 PM »
It appears to be a buyers market to me. :)

Offline Stormness_1

• Pony Of Anarchy!
  • Trade Count: (+28)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • I'm not a magical unicorn, you know!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 20, 2014, 03:46:00 AM »
As someone who's buying at the moment, (or trying to) I'm finding that people are asking a lot more, but not necessarily getting it. I'm seeing things relist over and over, but no-one is biting. The more expensive ponies seem to be sitting at par, whilst some more common ponies are slipping down slowly.

Sig by Moonbreeze, avi by Sapphire Rain.

Offline Whippycorn

• Trade Count: (+82)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 20, 2014, 05:31:34 AM »
Well, selling stuff on the arena sadly has been really slow for me recently, so I have had to resort to Ebay to get emergency funds. :( I decided to do BIN as auctions seem to be a bit unpredictable at the moment. My BIN items on there have sold quickly because I priced them below the crazy high BINs that seem to be the norm on there lately. As for buying, I tend to keep an eye out even if I'm broke, and there really aren't that many bargains to be had in my opinion. And any lots that have rare ponies in seem to go for full whack. I think if you price your ponies fairly you should have no problem selling them.  :)
**** ARENA SALES ****

**** EBAY SALES ****

Offline Artemesia's Garden

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Flicker Flame... Thanks to Brightberry!
    • View Profile
    • Things I make and Do
« Reply #12 on: July 20, 2014, 06:23:13 AM »
Well, selling stuff on the arena sadly has been really slow for me recently, so I have had to resort to Ebay to get emergency funds. :( I decided to do BIN as auctions seem to be a bit unpredictable at the moment. My BIN items on there have sold quickly because I priced them below the crazy high BINs that seem to be the norm on there lately. As for buying, I tend to keep an eye out even if I'm broke, and there really aren't that many bargains to be had in my opinion. And any lots that have rare ponies in seem to go for full whack. I think if you price your ponies fairly you should have no problem selling them.  :)

^ I agree with these points as well  :)
:heart: ISO G1 Daffodil, upgrade for June Rose; G1 Waterfall blue towel, G1 Waterfall bubbles bottle with white writing; Perfume Puff Palace green hat, pink bracelet and mesh scarves, glitter combs for SHS, lace scarves for SHS, G3 Flower Wishes and Candy Cane, Baby Northern Lights...Accessories from FiM Collection Canterlot Castle: Tirek's staff, Phoenix and stand, open book :heart: Pony Page :heart: Wish List :heart:

Offline Icecrystalline

• Guardian of Dreams
  • Trade Count: (+128)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • No longer active.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 20, 2014, 07:25:26 AM »
Thanks for everyone's opinions :) I can always keep them all listed until they sell, so I don't mind so much. I sold my most expensive pony today to a lovely buyer, so as soon as they have it, I can buy my Nintendo 3DS XL and preorder the game I would like ^.^

It's nice to know people are interested though :)

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal