collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Cusom playsets? Tips, ideas and pictures please!  (Read 437 times)

Offline Nightbow

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • Dazzle Surprise
  • A figment of your imagination
    • View Profile
Cusom playsets? Tips, ideas and pictures please!
« on: July 16, 2014, 08:01:22 AM »
I have these mangy G2 playsets that used to be mine before I gave them to my siblings who are now teenagers. Let me tell you, the two darlings did not play as nice with it as I did!

I'm contemplating on customizing them (the rainbow forest and royal ballroom) so that my G2 may have somewhere to live. I can't bring myself to throw them away, but I know I'll never find replacements for all the plastic accessories like the forest's tree-house railing and the castle's gate. Do you have any experience with broken playsets? How would you deal with such a restoration project?

I'd love to make things out of Sculpey but that would need to bake. It would also be nice if I could find things made out of plastic that actually fits in the scenery, like the Sylvannian family fountain (except it is too small). Any ideas?
I'm looking to buy Port-o-Bella. Please email me.

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
  • Trade Count: (+101)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
Re: Cusom playsets? Tips, ideas and pictures please!
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2014, 09:11:14 AM »
You can make things out of Apoxie sculpt-  that stuff is a two part compound you can buy online (like on Amazon) or at very few craft stores.  It air dries.

When I have a set that is incomplete, I keep an eye out on ebay for another set that might be incomplete in a different way, then I combine sets.

Offline Summer-blade

• Trade Count: (+40)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
    • http://www.facebook.com/?ref=logo#!/profile.php?id=100000958584055
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2014, 06:22:27 PM »
you could also make pieces out of card stock or recycled parts like plastic jar lids and such there is a few youtube videos that have tutorials on how to make doll furniture out of house hold items.

I made a G4 sized comic book store out of an old g3 building play set and some old doll house funature I found at a thrift store.   

Offline sd_dreamcrystal

• Trade Count: (+50)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Reach far beyond the boundaries of imagination.
    • View Profile
    • DreamCrystalArt @ DeviantART
« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2014, 09:05:11 PM »
I agree with Summer, there are plenty of doll videos on making doll sized things out of recycled materials and most of them can be resized!

MyFroggyStuff does a TON of this stuff: https://www.youtube.com/user/MyFroggyStuff/videos you may have to do some looking through but there is a good bit there to get ideas :)
My DeviantArt, why not drop by and take a look!

Offline Nightbow

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • Dazzle Surprise
  • A figment of your imagination
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2014, 03:28:39 AM »
@Galactica - Looking for completing sets is an awesome idea. Bummer these particular ones are so hard to come by. I've also found something they call air-drying granite sculpt. Makes me want to make rocks for scenery. :)

@Summer-blade - Cool! Which G3 building was it? I have a shabby Frilly Frocks Boutique... *sighs* I'd love to see some pictures of that!
Which reminds me that I also bought a Sylvanian Families flower stand and waffle stand at an outlet. Too bad the size only properly fits G4 ponies!

@sd_dreamcrystal - Thanks a bunch for the link! It looks like fun.
...I'd love to make a garden of some sort for either my flutters or G2s. :)
I'm looking to buy Port-o-Bella. Please email me.

Offline Summer-blade

• Trade Count: (+40)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
    • http://www.facebook.com/?ref=logo#!/profile.php?id=100000958584055
« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2014, 07:08:51 PM »
I'll get some picks and post soon...can't remember what building it was

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal